Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #1  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default Feeling defeated and sad

I need to whine to somewhere and this is the only place I can come to so here it is...

I have been dealing with mixed feelings regarding my weight loss lately. As I am inching closer to my original goal (I will probably lower my goal to 135) I have noticed a lot of lose skin and horribly saggy arms. It kind of gets me down thinking I will never look "normal" but I remind myself how far I have came yata yata..
Well today I was playing poker on facebook (my guilty pleasure lol) On this game everyone can see your profile picture. I am using the picture of me with my new African Grey parrot as seen here. Anyway, I went into a game room where some young men were playing and they were being rude to everyone for fun and just to be a$$es. I should have left but I was winning their facebook money. One of the guys told me I was a fatty and I need to go to weight watchers. OMG, it just tore my heart out even though he was just a little snot nose punk. It was like being a horribly teased teen all over again. I started feeling like I will never be good enough. I will always be known as a fat girl, even at 150 pounds. To top it off, my hubby who was in a bad mood, snapped at me because I was reading his post over his shoulder as he told the guys off. Now I am hurt twice and feel like crying, giving up and eating something bad. I won't though, my kids are in the room. I need to act like an adult even though I feel like a fat kid again. Sorry to whine, I didn't know where else to go.
Thanks for listening.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Some people are ignorant and insensitive. I am sorry you were upset. You have done so wonderful, don't let anyone bring you down about it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

there are no words, im so sorry, some people are just........ special!!!! you have accomplished so much, its ok to have a sad moment, you have your moment then hold your head high and keep on going!!!
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #4  
I am worth it

Thanks for the support I ended up having a cry in my bedroom and I told my husband how I felt. He assures me I look "skinny" to him..sigh. I guess I am over it but still feel a little down. Life goes on right.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/183/117

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry. Remember how far you've come. You're doing great don't let ignorant teens get you down. here's a huge for you! You already look great, at least i think so, so don't let them win. Just keep trucking on!
blueice10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #6  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

For lack of better words you should have said, "F off!! At least mine is fixed while your stupidity is yours forever!!"

people who do that are the ugliest people cuz they are horrible on the inside, if you think about it people who make fun of people do it cuz they dont like themselves, I know cuz I used to be very guilty of that - thank goodness I was granted the wisdom to change.

Hug yourself and tell yourself you aer beautiful, you will never meet this guy and he is NOTHING to you, you are an awesome beautiful person!!! Don't give him the power by being down on yourself!! HUGS HUGS HUGS, your story and weight loss is an inspiration to me, it keeps me going and keeps me from giving up!!
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #7  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

I am sorry that happened to you and I am glad you were able to talk to your husband. It is hard to see ourselves how everyone else see's us, we have an image ourselves and if we weighed 10lbs we would still see ourselves as fatty's. That is where the mental game comes into play. I am still learning to play the game myself. Keep your chin up, you are awesome just the way you are right now!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

someone once said to me "the only one who has the power to make you feel bad is YOU!"

these kids (boys none the less and believe me I have a few of my own) have no clue and more than likely wanted to make you feel bad so you would leave and stop taking their money!

don't give your power away to some snot nose teen who probobly needs his mom to drive him to the mall to hang out with other snot nose kids.

Ok, that is my idea of a pep talk hope it works
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #9  
ChubbyChicChick

S/C/G: 198/194/132

Height: 5'4''

I think that coming here to vent about it is the right thing to do! We're all on the same boat and face the same insecurities at one point or another!

Hugs to you, and when someone calls you a fatty, go through all your old pictures and you'll know, you'll see and you'll realize all over again how far you've come and how healthy you are.

I do that with my best pictures when I feel ugly. Then I realize that I'm beautiful all over again.

Last edited by 60lbstogo; 09-18-2010 at 01:58 AM.
60lbstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

First off all I think you look amazing in your photo. Not someone I would see o. The street and ever think they needed to lose weight. adolescent jerks are just that. Your amazing and have done something azing. Don't forget that.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #11  
I am worth it

Your comments all mean so much to me. I needed to sleep on it and today I am holding my head up high again I think I have just hit a hard part of my weight loss journey. I am sure some of you can relate. I feel amazing that I have came so far while I am let down over how my body looks. I am also feeling strange about having men look at me and I struggle with my self esteem. Sometimes I feel like I am thin and sometimes I feel like the fattest woman in the room Its a whole mixed bag of emotions. I hope things will fall into place with time. I can't imagine still feeling this way after a year or two of maintenance...at least I hope not lol
Thanks again!