Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Just for today - Week 2

Well it's Friday again and I'm back for another weekend binge free challenge. Fortunately DS is not sick anymore so I've been back at work as normal - so I'm less restless at home and not as bored - YAY! It's also the last weekend my husband will be doing the overnight shifts so I won't be alone on the weekends anymore - double YAY! This is the source of problem I think. Oddly enough when he is home, we go out to eat more often, but I plan ahead for it and I stick to my plan so that I have the cals to spare once we go out. When I'm home alone all day the pantry and bordem call to me, especially at night. Durning the day DS and I keep pretty busy, but at night...

Last week I did ok. I wouldn't consider my eating to be binging, but certainly off plan and indulgent. So here we are again, just for today I will not let the weekend bordem get to me and I will not binge! Who's with me!

I need to stay on plan today and eat very well (no excess sugars, etc.) because I have to run 8 miles tomorrow as part of my training and that sugary processed stuff makes my runs feel slugish and hard. I think this was the problem last week. So I'm going to eat clean today (and hopefully tomorrow and Sunday, M-Th piece of cake )
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #2  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

Good luck, ncuneo. I've gone kind of off plan the last two weekends, so I'm going to try to "stay clean" this weekend like you.

Good luck with your training tomorrow!
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #3  
Closet health nut!

I made it through Friday! And it was a stressful one. My afternoon plans were killed (I was going to get off early and go shopping) because DS decided to get a 24 hr stomach bug and had to be picked up from daycare only to come home and vomit all over the house. I swear this kid has hardly been sick in his first two years and these last two weeks have been non stop. He's only thrown up like 2 or 3 times and yesterday he threw up like 5 or 6 times and lots.

Sorry for that TMI side track. Anyway, I decided to eat my maintenance cals and my exercise cals yesterday because I was starving all week including yesterday and could feel a binge looming. I was satisfied by the end of the day and fought off any desire to eat for non hunger reasons. I prevailed and woke up this morning without a binge hangover and had the best and longest run ever! I felt so amazing and I know that's because I ate clean. So today is a new day and I will not binge! I think I have enough activities planned to keep me busy I just hope I'm less hungry today than I've been all week. If I am I can eat like yesterday, which won't aid me in losing those last 5 lbs, but I'm ok with that right now. Right now I think my priority needs to be getting enough fuel for my training and we can worry about those last 5 when they become a priority.

ETA: oh yeah and today is 2 months of maintenance for me - yay!

Last edited by ncuneo; 09-18-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

I made it through Saturday! Yay! This is a pretty big accomplishment for me. Sure enough right as I went to bed I got DS's stomach flu, I haven't had the stomach flu in like 8-10yrs...not fun. So I think I'll be in good shape today, I'll probably have more trouble getting all my cals rather than going over. Hope everyone had a good weekend!