Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 06:55 AM   #16  

Hurray it is Friday,
Today it the last day of my seven day stretch at work. It has been a good week at work I have managed to get lots done. Today will be very bust however because I have 2 new admissions and that makes for a busy day. Im off for the weekend so that is a good thing. The only trouble I have with all the working is I don't seem to get all my water in, I seem to be just forgetting about it at work and then I have to try to get it all in afterwards. I guess Im getting in the right amount but when Im home I get in so much more. Well I hope everyone Has a good day and a great wekend.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:28 AM   #17  

Smile Simply Saturday

This Saturday am going to the Eastern Convention of Toastmasters. I joined only a week ago as my job hosts a chapter. Coincidentally, the convention this year is also here in Delaware- even more ironic is that the hightlight of today's offerings is the "Humorous Speech Contest" which the President of our Chapter is a "contender".

Will be there all day-- hope they have water available-

Today's thought is:

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is just that little 'extra' " --Zig Ziglar

Here's to good choices!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:53 AM   #18  

Sounds like you both will be having a good Saturday- one working, one resting.

I find I have more trouble getting water in now that it's not as hot. My goal is still 96 oz but I'm more around 80 most days and that's with effort. And I'm still running to the bathroom everytime I turn around.

Still no real plans but that's ok too.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:00 AM   #19  

Well so much for not working today, I will be going in at 10. I guess I will get Sun to rest and then back to it again Mon. Of course I will have things like laundry to do on Sun since I haven't been around all week to do it. No rest for the wicked.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:16 AM   #20  

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure it deflates you a bit. You do need some catchup time even when you love your job. I think you said you work in a nursing home, didn't you?
Old 10-26-2002, 04:12 PM   #21  

Yes anagram I do work in a Nursing home as the ward clerk or like one resident's family member called me today Jack of All trades. I intend to take it easy tomorrow. Under no circumstance will I go to work till Mon.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:32 PM   #22  

I would like to join your challenge. I'm a stay at home but do work outside the home 5 hrs. a week give or take. I have an 8 mth. old son (my first child). I need to lose about 70 lbs. I do well with working out but fail with my eating. I'm hoping this might help. I'm planning to lose 5 lbs. by Nov. 22. I will have my weigh ins be Mon. Wanted to introduce myself and will post my totals on Mon. Have a good weekend!
Old 10-27-2002, 06:25 AM   #23  

Smile Stupendous Sundday!

Hello all!!

This morning is the first morning of the our Time change- MY FAVORITE!! The clocks move back one hour in the fall and until you body adjusts, you wake up feeling refreshed and its still ONE HOUR BEFORE YOU HAVE TO GET UP!!
Lots of people disagree with me, they prefer the change in the spring but for me, the fall is the best.

Water-- it can be a struggle-- For me too, when things are especially busy the bottle just sits there. One thing I've tried when I know its going to be busy is to drink as much as I can before I even leave the house-- Its too hard to try and make it up before bed at night- and then you're back and forth all night too!!

Welcome Jacksonmom!! I can't even imagine how unpredicatalbe your schedule must be!! I would have to have a whole list of Plan B's for when my schedule was rearranged.
My weighin day is Monday's too! This morning's sneak peak looked like the same as last week but at least it doesnt show more than last week!!

So, here's to making the best choices we can today!!

Today's thought is:" Never give up. This may be the moment of your miracle " --- Greg Anderson.

Old 10-28-2002, 05:41 AM   #24  

Smile Momentous Monday!

Hello all!!

Monday is my weighin day- I am happy showing a pound loss as just 3 weeks ago I was "plateau'd for nearly a month" and was wondering what would happen the week following a 2.5lb loss.

So, one down is one less and I am pleased.

DH and I are starting to go thru our belongings and eliminating the duplicates, not needed, don't like, etc. It's making for activity points -- bending, stair climbing, etc-- If you look in the dictionary under "Packrat" -- You would see our photo!!
--

I understand the clothing that's too big but when did all this other stuff get put in the basement, garage, closet, etc.

Today's thought is:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway. " --- John Wayne

Here's to making the best choices !!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:43 AM   #25  

Congrats on that loss, Kaylets!

Would we had the discipline to go through the stored things in anticipation of an oft discussed move to smaller quarters! I consider it one of my weight loss goals in one sense but make little progress. In this home 33 years and have LOTS of stuff still belonging to long married children. But I don't nag them too much because I've not cleared out my own treasures. I live in sentimental city and it's time to get tough.

Gray here again this morning when Sun was predicted. Arguing still with myself about plans for the day. Know I SHOULD make a trip, don't want to. Want to stay in cozy comfort. It's as though I only have enough discipline for one thing at a time anymore.

Did find some nice color in ride through surrounding mountains yesterday. Not the best color year but we did find enough to calm our souls a bit. Trip decision would be through area with potential for good color but not as much fun when gray.

Hope dollar got a chance to rest yesterday. I sure did.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:38 PM   #26  

Smile Its so true

We did the same thing to our parents house and then when they sold the house, it was amazing how little we really did take w/ us once we got a good long look at what had been sitting there waiting for us!!
Old 10-28-2002, 06:35 PM   #27  

Right - things are often better in memory than in reality. I know when I look at some of my things, I now wonder why I've saved them this long. Esp. since maybe someone else could have enjoyed/used them along the way and now they're just old. All I need is a shot of adrenaline!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:25 PM   #28  

Smile 27 fling boogie??

Have you ever heard of the "27 fling boogie" ? You grab 27 things from your house, whether its 27 magazines or 2 pr pantyhose, 1 pr shoes, a newspaper, a cup, etc and out it goes- to the trash, Charity, Goodwill, just OUT-- The point is that just like our weight loss journey can only be by small steps, a houseful of "extras" can be "downsized" in small steps. You stop and don't do another boogie until the next time the trash is picked up, or at least the next day. Why? To avoid burnout-- the same way we have learned to change our eating lifestyle- small steps so we're not overwhelmed and give up.

I did a couple kitchen cabinets- especially those odd plastic containers that are missing lids or the orphan lids themselves- they never get used- and you know what- it's been over a month and no one has missed any of those plastic containers!
Old 10-28-2002, 09:29 PM   #29  

I started out even smaller - suggested to dh we find three things a week to throw out. He agreed but it took me three weeks to get him to do it - and we only did it once!

I do go in spurts and over the last couple of years have actually rid us of a good bit. But things seem to grow. I need a major cupboard reorg but have only done a couple of the easier things.

Am appalled to think of Christmas being less than two months from now and am going to have to start on the small things there too. I do so much less than I used to and it still takes me forever.
Then we leave for FL for two months and by the time we get back and get straightened out it's yard work time, and on and on the circle goes. Good thing I have fun and enjoy most of what I do....
Old 10-29-2002, 05:51 AM   #30  

Smile Tantalizing Tuesday!

Here we are, Tuesday !!!!!

Anagram, I know exactly what you mean about waiting for DH!!
I'm starting to think DH gets his motivation from me! All I know is, if I wait for him, it can be a looonnnngggg wait!!

The one thing about 'Decluttering' that's different than losing weight is that I think you see the difference faster. On the other hand, you can fill up a space again really fast too!! Ever notice how a empty flat surface seems to have a magnetic pull??? :?

Little chilly this am, crisp really. Dogs came running right back in, no dawdling. Have to run the heat in the car this am for sure!

Today's thought is:

"No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted" --Aesop

Here's to each choice being the best one!! ( the better if there's only a choice of two!)

Closed Thread