Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Ok, I need help.

I'm sorry, chickies. I feel like such a loser. I know everyone out there is doing much better and complaining much less than I.

I just seem to have lost the "how." I know what it boils down to: you must burn more than you take in. It's so mind-numbingly simple. It should be so blastedly easy. But it's just...not.

I just keep eating. And any time I spend not eating are moments spent planning what I'll be eating, or wishing I was eating, or what have you.

I had the knack of this, once. Now I feel like I don't have control of ANYTHING. It's driving me insane how completely incapable I've become in regards to weight loss.

I really am not sure where my commitment went. I have TONS of motivation...usually it comes up right after I've binged on something, right before bed. You know, that sort of spur-of-the-moment motivation that's like "Well, TOMORROW I'm going to DO THIS!" and leads to nothing but more failure. My commitment, however, the thing that actually involves me just DOING it...well, that seems to have died. And I can't even find where it was buried to resurrect it.

It's just so stupid. I'm so close to goal. If I was really doing well, I could easily be AT goal in less than a year. But I just keep screwing it up, keep having to put it off 'til tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow. And so I've gained weight, instead.

Ugh, I'm just so lost and confused and upset. I know that's nothing new for most of us. I know it's just all part of the journey. I just feel absolutely useless.

I can't even control my own body.

Anyway, thanks for reading the whiny rant.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

For me, it's all about planning--not laying in bed daydreaming about how I'll do better, but getting up and packing every single thing I will eat the next day and setting it all up to be eaten, and going ahead and recording it all on Fitday to make sure the calories and nutrients are what I want. I don't want to make any kind of choice "in the moment".

How much are you planning to eat? I find that if I go too low, I end up obsessing about junk food because I am so hungry. It took me 20 years to learn that 200 more healthy calories a day was much, much better than breaking down and eating a pizza once a week. Not only is it fewer calories, you feel more in control.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

i can totally relate, especially the binging then getting that motivation right afterward, i just got to the point where i had to ask myself what is it that i want more, binge or eat whatever i wanted (normally unhealthy foods) or to be healthy and at a healthy weight and to be in control, you can do this, you already have and are you just have to ask yourself what do i want more.

shmead~ i think im gonna try that tonight to see how it works for me as well!
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote