Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 06:26 PM   #16  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

JEAN and BUBS: I will jump into the discussion on ranges. My latest and I hope last experience in purchasing a range was when we did over the kitchen 9 years ago. I, also, wanted a flat top and found the Jenn-Air to be the best they had in a small applaince store in the next town. I decided to get the Convection Oven with it and am not sorry at all. The only thing I wish it had is a halogen burner. It is a burner that turns on immediately with no warm up and it also will turn off the same way. It is sort of the kind of heat that you get with gas. I love the clean up of the flat top...no problem. The oven is self clean and that is important, I think. Hope this info helps somewhat.

Jean...I agree about the early dark. It makes the day so short!

Bubs...When DH walks the neighborhood dogs they do the same slow meandering walk you discribed. But he still makes the 2 1/2 miles twice a day.

MAGGIE: Hope all has gone well with Cowboy and he will be back with you in no time.

Gloria in MA.....off to see a bit of TV before bed.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:30 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Thursday

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

YIPEKIO the Cowboy came through the surgery without them having to open him up. Those new techniques of just putting little slits and using those "eye spy" cameras are great. They de-roffed that cyst and took out that gall-bladder. The surgeon asked me if I wanted to go golfing.... that gall stone was huge - big as a golf ball. Mine was only as big as a grape and I thought I was going to die. I should be able to bring him home tomorrow. I read a whole book while he slept the day away.

OK let me put in my two cents about a stove. I believe the Jenn-air with the convection oven wins hands down. Love it! Don't have one anymore though - they don't put those lovely things in travel trailers - yet that is.

I picked up my charm bracelet today and it is so neat. I am putting a new charm on it for every 10 pounds I lose and it is slowly getting filled up. As my Thin Within I put on one of those little Montana Silver cowgirl charms that denote gril or boy for grandkids or kids. You know the sort I mean.... several different companies put them out in different shapes. This one has boots and a hat and is a charmer. I have a silver dime with the year I was born that I got one of those keeper thingies on it that I will have soldered to this bracelet when I have reached the 100 pound loss. My next charm is going to be a palm tree ~ the shop has it on order for me. I only have them all planned up until the dime. It sure paid to shop around because one shop charges $15 to silver solder each of the little rings of the charms so they don't pull apart and the one I am now going to only charges $5. Quite a large difference there I do believe.

Have a great evening folks and thank you all so much for the good wishes for my Cowboy!
Closed Thread