Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #91  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

The pizza was awesome!! It was the Deluxe Lean Cuisine pizza and it hit the spot!

Just tracked my food shipment from UPS... looks like the scheduled delivery date is 9/8- next wednesday!!! Ughhh, I was hoping to have it before the weekend. Oh well Looks like I just have a few more days to enjoy some lean cuisine.

Diana Glad you are feeling better! That happened to my mom last year; she just woke up and saw a goblin in the mirror (she was swollen over her entire body) lol! The doctor just told her to take some zyrtec and it went away. Weird!

Had a weird side effect from my new antidepressant this morning. I've been taking Pristiq for only 3 days and this morning I could barely function! You know the "medicine head" feeling you take when you take cold medicine? It was 10 times worse and I couldn't think straight or concentrate. I was listless and tired- I'm going to blame it for my caving in to popcorn chicken and not working out! I was looking for my keys this morning and I asked my husband had he seen them- turns out they were in my hand! I had just grabbed them and could not recall it. LOL! I decided to start taking it at night instead of the morning, so I'm hoping tomorrow will be better! In the meantime, I'm not driving. Fingers crossed!!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #92  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

MissVick that's great, Congrats to you and MrVick
Old 09-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #93  

I have just been gorging myself lately. Any plan to do anything during the day just goes up in smoke as the day progresses. I am back on this site because I want to get a bit more control as I am so out of control and do not like myself at all and am very fearful of putting on serious weight. I hate this. Help.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #94  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

OK DD ordered that new long large Italian pizza from Pizza Hut ... they ate all they want and left the rest on the counter. I love pepperoni and sausage pizza (mouth watering) I had to pick that pizza up, all 7 slices of it and put is in a storage bag. I wanted to pick every piece of meat off of it. Honestly I know if it were earlier in the day I would sure eat it. It smells so good. Just wanted to tell you all that, thanks for listening.

Raven I am gonna have to buy a Lean Cuisine pizza or a Kashi pizza for times like this. Glad you enjoyed yours. Sorry your food isn't coming until next week Hope taking your medicine at a different times works better for you.

Hi grabec, I count calories and walk. I try to eat every 3 hours so that I am not hungry all day. I was told when I first joined 3FC that if I felt a binge coming to come on here to read and write on the threads, it does help. Also get rid of any trigger foods. This is just what I do and what has helped me. I'm sure you'll get better suggestions
Old 09-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #95  
sicknasty

S/C/G: 162.5/156/135

Height: 5'4

love2b, way to be strong girl! for me, the pan crust is the killer.
grabec, welcome. you're here, let's do this thing! i'm counting calories too, and trying to be active whenever I can. maybe it would help you to pick a clear method towards your goal, rather than going day-by-day. and this forum is SO motivating. i just know it can help you. it's helped me immeasurably already, after only 2 weeks. good luck!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

these last two days i have not been on plan. I've been feeling so tired, and take naps during the day, kind of throwing my whole day off plan. Tomorrow i think i'm going to get one of those delicious low sodium spinach amy's pizza's (all your guys talk of delicious pizza got me craving it) to kick up my calorie count, and maybe finally be able to get a good workout in.

okay:
Breakfast:

Banana, fresh, 1 medium -109 calories
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup - 86
Bob's Red Mill Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal, 2 Tbsp - 60
Spinach, fresh, 3 cup - 21
Breakfast TOTALS: 275

Lunch:

Brown Rice, medium grain, 0.4 cup - 87
Ezekiel Tortilla, Organic Sprouted Grain, - 150
Lentils, 0.1 cup - 23
Cheese, Mozzarella-Part Skim- 1/3 cup - 80
Romaine Lettuce (salad), 2.5 inner leaf - 4
Lunch TOTALS: 344

Dinner:

Caramel nut brownie-Luna bar, 1 serving - 180
Dinner TOTALS: 180

Snack:

Julie's Organic Lowfat Frozen Yogurt Strawberry Bar, 1 serving - 120
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup -86

Total: 1,005

and yay! there's no meat in my diet today. I've been trying to go vegetarian for like 2 weeks, though sometimes i forget and eat some sushi or whatever.

Last edited by therex; 09-03-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OK DD ordered that new long large Italian pizza from Pizza Hut ... they ate all they want and left the rest on the counter. I love pepperoni and sausage pizza (mouth watering) I had to pick that pizza up, all 7 slices of it and put is in a storage bag. I wanted to pick every piece of meat off of it. Honestly I know if it were earlier in the day I would sure eat it. It smells so good. Just wanted to tell you all that, thanks for listening.
congrats for being able to say no! i understand how hard it is too pass up pizza, my favorite food. I ate 2! slices the other day, and the kind with cheese in the crust. i wish i had been as bright as you because i barely got the weight off and it was so not worth it.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #98  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Update: My face seems to have went down some. Could an allergic reaction like that affect your whole body (meaning water weight gain?) I have been 100% on plan with my food and exercise. 100% and not straying at all and I have gained. Of course it feel like I'm swollen all over, fingers, etc. I have gained about 2.8 pounds.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Diana - glad your face has gone down, bet you were worried for a bit there :/ Can you figure out what it was you ate? Swelling is water/fluid so it is likely just that, I wouldn't worry, just drink plenty to flush the toxins out...

I changed my dinner a bit last night, ended up having a couple more slices of toast with my soup. So dinner was 500, which brings my calories to 760+500=1260 cals, which is not too bad. I think when I aim to eat below 1100 I give myself a bit of room for changing or adding a couple of bits. It's the gym I need to concentrate on I think, as I had a week of and am struggling to get back into it...tonight definitely Would like to lose a pound over the weekend if poss as my weight has halted (at least not gone up which shows I can maintain with diet for a week or so).

Today then...
B - two slices of toast and some shreddies (350)
L - mushy peas, bagel and fruit (500)
D - will try for just a bowl of beans (300)

Will be going to the gym too, hopefully minimum 500 cals but hoping for a 600 cal one as I can do that in an hour.

Sorry its a flying visit, will update tomorrow x x

Last edited by abidabbi; 09-03-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF!! Not to mention a long weekend. I stepped on the scale this morning...only down 1/2lb, which is frustruating since I had been down 1.5 most of the week. Hoping for a better number next week.

Yesterdays meals:

Breakfast: Hot Cereal with flaxseed and soy; 4 oz cranberry juice, 32 oz water, 1 tbsp physillium husks

Snack: 1 oatmeal dark chocolate chip cookie

Lunch-Tortilla crusted Fish and Rice

Snack: 1 cup grapes; 1 cup lite vanilla creme yogurt

Supper: 1 plain Tendergrill Chicken Sandwich; 1 tbsp light miracle whip

Calories: 1163
Exercise: 15 min lunges; squats; jumping jacks; 15 min abs
Water: 12 glasses

Diana-That happens to my MIL sometimes, she swells up and her hands start tingling. Shes gone to the ER numerous times and they can't figure out what causes it. She takes the Benadryl and it eventually goes down. She does have an epi pin just incase her throat starts to swell. Glad to hear your swelling is going down. I'm sure the gain is definitely water weight.

therex-Lucky you...getting to talk to a cute boy while exercising. When I'm at the gym I attract the older fellows, as in the ones who are retired and widowed lol.

love2b-Congrats on avoiding temptation! I don't know that I would of had the willpower.

grabec-Welcome! You've come to the right place, theres a lot of supportive ppl here

Raven-I like the LC pizzas too. Bummer on the your meals not showing up til next Wed.

MissVick- Yeah on being 156lbs. I'm liking the way you rewarded yourself.

MamaP-Loving the new dress. It looks wonderful on you.

BlueRidge-you egg rolls sound delish!

Abi, MrsD, Jer, Lauren and anyone I missed

Cardboard-Congrats on trying the spinning class. I've been wanting to try it but I'm scared that I won't make it through the class. Did you wear regular tennis shoes? I've seen a lot of ppl coming out of class wearing cleat like looking shoes, maybe those are the hardcore spinners.

Well the goal was to get up and get two hours in at the gym before I go to work early....but I'm still on the computer, haven't started getting myself or my son ready so I might only get an hour in. Hope everyone has an OP day
Old 09-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #101  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday, guys!

Just had to share my good news! I have not weighed in 4 days. I was afraid to since I caved in to soft tacos & popcorn chicken and not being able to work out very much. Well... my husband talked me into weighing this morning. I've lost 3 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it! I was sure that I would've gained a pound or two!

Just wanted to share my motivation- I hope you all get great results over the holiday weekend. Have a good Labor Day!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

abidabbi I'm not sure what I reacted to. I don't normally have this problem. The only things new to me in the last week was Burt's Bees lip balm. My regular lip balm contains beeswax, too. Not sure about this. I threw out the Burt's Bees product, just in case. I also have a new face wash, but my face is not breaking out. I really don't know.

dream I am hesitant to go to the Dr. because I can hear them now: Hmm, what's new that you are using? (Ok, quit using it) and take Benadryl.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #103  

Good morning all,

Diana - I agree, just plenty of water to clean our your system. Sounds like you had a bit of a scare!

Grabec - you've come to the right place, just keep coming here and showing up and posting and it will help provide you with community support. We all have our struggles and our challenges and the important thing is to not to try to walk this journey alone. Just take it one day, no, one bite at a time.

MissVick - congrats on scale moving!

MamaP - what is protein shake ice cream?

To everybody else - hello and happy long weekend!

My Thursday:

Breakfast - oatmeal with almonds, sliced peaches. Coffee with splash of milk

snack - lara bar (like granola/energy bar, but all natural with just nuts and dried fruit)

lunch - homemade potato salad (with eggs from our chickies and not too much mayo) on a bed of greens with cukes (now that the meaning of that word has been clarified...) and carrots, water to drink.

snack - slice of leftover homemade whole wheat crust ricotta/red pepper pizza, 1 cookie I was hungry mid-afternoon and a colleague had brought them in, and well, there you go.

dinner - got invited over to a friend who was celebrating her birthday. Here's what I had:

- mixed greens with sliced roasted almonds, feta cheese crumbles, and dried cranberries, topped with homemade avocado vinagrette

- open faced sandwich: one slice of sourdough bread, slice of baby swiss cheese, and 1 1/2 slice of bacon.

- side of roasted potatoes and garlic.

- slice of birthday cake topped with whipped cream and peaches and blueberries

- 2 glasses of red wine

So, there you have it ladies, my confession. I mean, the portions were reasonable, small amount of roasted potato, just 1 1/2 slice bacon, but please, these are not low fat, low calorie foods. I felt kind of crappy about myself afterwards, thinking "yep, this is why you still weigh over 200 pounds" kind of feeling like I don't deserve to be thinner if this is how I eat. I do feel that it is reasonable to have treats for special occasions, it's just that I have so darn many special occasions in my life that it becomes almost a regular thing. It's my birthday, or a friend's birthday, or family member birthday, or somebody's wedding, or the anniversary of something at work...you get the picture. What do I do? Not go over when I am invited for dinner for a friend's birthday celebration? Go but bring my own food? I almost want to declare a moratorium on birthdays for a while because this is just a lot to deal with.

Didn't weigh today - I woke up a little bit late and was in a rush and actually forgot. By the time I thought of it I'd already had breakfast and gotten dressed.

The good news is that I am feeling better with more energy, maybe not 100% but at least 90 - 95% - I popped some ibuprofen this morning and I think I'll be just fine to run my race tomorrow. Thanks, everybody, for your well wishes. Have a great, 3 day weekend!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #104  
sicknasty

S/C/G: 162.5/156/135

Height: 5'4

blue, I *totally* know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like staying on plan means giving up my social life entirely. No drinks, no cakes, no dinners.

One of the best and worst things about eating, I think, is that it's a social urge. We share meals together. But you can't always eat with people who have the same eating habits/specifications as yourself.

I have it easier in certain respects because I am allergic to a quite a few foods - soy, lots of different kinds of nuts, and some raw fruits. I find myself having to decline a LOT of dishes offered, either by colleagues or friends, simply b/c I have to. Are people offended? Sometimes. But they understand.

It's OKAY to be selfish. I owe it to my body to say no, for allergy reasons. You owe it to your body to say no - because it's your choice. If someone's offended that you don't have a piece of their birthday cake, that's too bad for them. You showed up! That's what means you care about them. Not eating their damn cake. Cake is meaningless (albeit unfortunately delicious).

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit... If you do cave on the cake, it's okay! You still deserve every bit of success because you're making the effort every day. Good luck & stay strong!!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone I forgot to mention TGIF!
Closed Thread