Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 05:53 PM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Spryng!!!!! Great to hear from you~ and congrats on your pregnancy. Hope that your new location works out for you, this puts you some distance from your family, doesn't it? Hope that this new location works out great for you! How is your family adjusting to the new location? I am so glad that you are fine- we were concerned because we had not heard from you in a while. Welcome back.

Jackie-Ok, so Dh was in a good or a bad mood when you were posting? (he was chatting or yapping at your heels? Mine likes to yap at my heels when I am online). Have you started walking yet? Ok- so we have to make a reservation for both of us.......want to try the 'Racks (as we call it in NY) or is there a good place in Wis we can try........aw dream on Ginny........... Hope that all is ok in your household.

No walk yet today, but I hope to get one in later. Have a great nite!!!!
Ginny
Old 10-23-2002, 10:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Yes Ginny, this puts some distance between me and my family but we are only about 20 minutes from my dh's family. So that is nice. I needed the distance from mine, as you know. It's sad how some families are so close and some are so dysfunctional. The kids are loving the new place. They haven't had any problems and they love having all the extra attention from the grandparents. I enjoy that too. believe it or not I'm really getting along with my mil. We are learning how to avoid pushing each others buttons. And it's keeping the peace now.
Well, I've had 8 hours in a car today and I'm bushed! By the way are there any new ones among us since I left last?
G'nite.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:23 AM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Spryng~ thanks for answering my question. I was concerned if this move was good for you- with all of the lovely family dynamics that we all face from time to time. Great for you that it is working out with you and MIL. I will pray that that continues, you deserve a break!!!! 20 minutes from MIL is not so bad. That is about how far I am from mine, and you can at least maintain some privacy with that distance. (unless she is a totally menacing type). Hope that this move works out well for you!
I am so glad that you will ( I hope) stay with us during your pregnancy. Obviously, we do NOT want to hear of you dieting, but I love to hear of the progress of a new life. Hope you are feeling well.

As for me, this day started out sort of blah. I am not feeling so well, think I am getting a cold. And TOM approaches..........so I just get wimpy. (wimpier than usual, that is!) I hope to get dinner started,and then out for my walk. I am going to have to force myself to get out, as I am just dragging a lot.

Back to the thankful corner. I am soooooo thankful that this sniper saga (how awful) is coming to a close. It was really becomming depressing for me to hear of it all the time- and the grief that the families must face upon losing a loved one for such a violent and sensless death. I do hope that these are indeed "the sniper"- and that all those involved will be apprehended also.

Well- gotta go make dinner!!!! Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 10-24-2002, 10:25 AM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Just a cheeky note to Spryng (who will hopefully forgive me for geing a brat!) Are you going to keep posting your weight at the bottom of your posts? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ain't I obnoxious?
Ginny
Old 10-24-2002, 11:15 AM   #20  

Hi All!!

Well, I haven't been doing too well as far as my goals are concerned. I think I am down a few pounds by some miracle!!! My ds has been sick since Fri and I think all of my constant caregiving is taking a toll on me....I'm TIRED!!! I think he's finally getting better tho so hopefully things will return to normal soon and I'm crossing my fingers that dd doesn't get sick also!!!

Spryng--So glad to hear from you again and congrats on the baby!!!! It's always so wonderful to hear of another life being brought into the world! I think pregnancy is the truest miracle there is! Hope your move continues to be positive for you!

Ginny--I agree with you about this whole sniper business! I'm praying that the ones they have in custody are the ones responsible. I can't help but be glued to the news to find out all of the new information! It's soooo sad when people are senselessly hurt and killed and terrorized! I know I would be scared #$@%less if I lived in that area!

That's all I have time for right now but I hope to be back later on!!!

Tami
Old 10-24-2002, 11:16 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Day, All!

Ginny: FYI: My DH was in an extremely
pleasant mood, thak goodness!! As for my walking: I attended the Candy, Carving & Christ Trick or Treating event with my DD last night, that is held at a Christian College that's affiliated with our church. We were trick or treating for well over an hour from dorm room to dorm room. This is the 4th year that we have attended this. We were totally exhausted once we got home! So...I guess this could count as my walking for the day, huh? Oh!, by the way...whats the racks, anyways? Can you explain? Spryng: You wouldn't believe how happy I am to have you posting again! You really had me worried!! As for your little ones adjusting to the move, I'm glad that panned out for them too! Glad to hear that your relationship with your MIL is working out so well. So... are you getting any extra help with the kids from your MIL like say-taking them for the afternoon or an over night sleep-over? Sure would be nice, wouldn't it? I sure hope that your pregnancy goes well for you. How are you feeling, anyways? As for our National news: I'm so relieved to hear that they are pretty sure that they have captured the Snipers. I have so many friends/relatives living out that way. And a bazaar twist to this is that I kept dreaming almost nightly that the Snipers car was being transported in an enclosed trailer or semi-trailer. Not by the officials, but by the Sniper's themselves. Could this be some sort of ESP, or what? Well, enough of this news. My heart goes out to all the families that have lost loved ones or have been injured in this tragedy. Now-for a few things that I'm grateful for.

1.) For my health, which isn't too shabby so that I'm able to spend & enjoy some quality time with my children.

2.) To be living a pretty normal & comfortable life.

3.) For a decent night of sleep last night! FINALLY!!

I will close for now. I'll check in later, okay?

Hi Tami! We must have been posting at the same time. Sorry to hear that your dd isn't feeling too well. And as for the National news: I have CNN on almost around the clock!
Well-I'm going to scoot this time. TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 10-24-2002 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:59 AM   #22  

Good morning all.
Yes of course I intend to stay here with you all! I may not be dieting but I feel like I'm at home here. And in 8 months I will be dieting again so this is just a long break! I better enjoy it while I have a reason!
I guess I don't watch the news. I hadn't heard that they caught the sniper and there was more than one!! Please fill me in.
Well, I still haven't got in to see a doctor yet. I want to go through a midwife this time but I am waiting on my medical card to get here first. But I'm now 5 1/2 weeks along. That's a big number for me since the last week or so has been going by so slowly.
Well, I promise to get more personal later.. I got to get going on this house now. Have a great day all!

oh, and no I won't be posting my weight at the bottom of the screen, I just forgot to remove it. Nobody wants to know how much I gain with this pregnancy! Not even me!
Old 10-26-2002, 03:09 PM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a short hello as I have to get Dd to a birthday party soon and Dh is home........
Glad to hear from you Tami! And glad that you are down a few pounds. How is Ds feeling now? Constant caregivering can really take its toll...... I hope that you are getting a break in from time to time.

Jackie, you sound busy as ever.........glad that you a good nites sleep. I hear you with having CNN on constantly. And I am so thankful that the snipers have been caught. Everytime that I think of the car and how it was modified for their awful deeds I want to scream. It just turns my stomach so. Glad that Dh is in a good mood for your sake.

Spryng~ I love the way that you modified your post with your EDD, etc. Hope that you are not upset with me for my snotty comment about leaving your weight on the post. How is the unpacking going? How are you feeling?

Well, I have to get changed and then off to this party with Dd.
Have a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 10-27-2002, 07:41 PM   #24  
burned out bus driver

Default just me the ol' blabber puss again!

Good evening!
Hard to believe that this thread has been so quiet recently. But I will continue to hold a conversation with myself until someone else checks in!
I am tired. Last nite was a fund raiser dinner at Ds's school (I was "volunteered" to work at and I worked my hoofies off. It was fun in a way~ most of the ladies who also helped are a lot of fun. I sure was tired when I got home after working that for 5 hours. Then I got home and watched the rest of game 6 of the World Series with Dh (who mind you is an intense baseball connesseur). He was none too happy with the game and went to bed. It took me another hour to unwind from all my running around at that dinner.

Today was a rather testy one with Dd. Gosh it is so tough with her and her brother's moods. This was one of those days when I can honestly say I am not enjoying adolescence at all. I love them to pieces........but their mood swings are so tough to deal with at times. Dh convinced me that I should take a day off.....which is something I have been thinking of doing for a while. Just declare one day per week when I will read or sew - NO housework. Think I can stick to that??????? Guess I will give it a try.

Well- Time change and all (we went back to Eastern Standard time last nite) I am a bit tired. (probably has to do with TOM ).
So I will sign off! Hope to hear from y'all tomorrow. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 10-27-2002, 09:21 PM   #25  

Good evening all!
Sorry to hear your teenagers are stressing you out Ginny. I feel for you. I have several years before I am in your shoes but I was a teenager once! And I can imagine what my parents went through Hopefully they'll outgrow it soon. But a day to yourself sounds like a winner! I would love something like that too. I think all mothers are entitled to some peace and quiet, whether it's in a cozy corner of the house or an exotic island we work so hard and deserve it every now and then. I hope you get it.
Well, my day has been a regular day. Went to church this a.m. , ate lunch at my dh's parents house and then went to visit his cousin. It was nice. Kept my mind off of this pregnancy. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I'm really beginning to worry. I just really don't feel pregnant. With my other two I felt like I was expecting long before I took the home test. I know I will feel better when I get into the doctors office and either hear or see the little heart beat. Then I will feel like it's ok. I know I shouldn't be worrying so much but this is #3 for me and I know I already have had two great pregnancies that ended with great labors and deliveries and healthy babies, will I be so fortunate to carry this one to term? I hope so. I haven't had any cramping or bleeding so I know I should stop worrying. I just can't shake it. But by keeping busy today I really forgot about it. I hope tomorrow goes just as well. And I hope I get my medical card in the mail. Then I can schedule an appointment. And I know I will feel better after that.
Well, that's all for me right now. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 10-28-2002, 09:59 AM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!
Glad to hear from you Spryng. Perhaps with all of the excitement about moving you have gotten out of touch with how you are feeling (explaining your not feeling so pregnant). Just a thought.....but be sure that you are taking vitamins (gotta get that folic acid in!) and getting your rest. Hopefully that medical card will show up soon and you can get to the Dr. And remember all pregancies are different.

Well, I got up early this am and slipped on those walking shoes!
Oh, it felt cold but good and I am so glad that it is over. Hopefully I can keep my eating on track today. So far, so good. I have had coffee (w/skim milk), oatmeal and a banana. And 3 glasses of water.

Well ladies, I have a messy house to clean (ugh). No, today is not my " day off". Actually, my " day off" will be 4 hours off. I am still driving mornings- and am out doing that from 7:35 until 9:15.
My hours off are from then until 1:35 when I return to take the critters home in the afternoon. And usually during those hours off I clean, make dinner, wash, iron.....you know all that fun stuff!!!
Well, I think I am going to take Wednesday off and make a date with my sewing machine. We miss each other. And now that you all know that I am nuts.......I am off to get started on dinner.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 10-28-2002, 10:07 AM   #27  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Everyone!

I am here! Really I am!!

Spryng - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you! Since DH and I are not having any more kids.. I am going to live Vicariously through you! :0 I would love to have one more... But My body wont let me and neither will my doctors.. Long story.. but I'll tell ya all some day. Nothing bad.. Just pregnancy is very hard on my body physically..

Ginny and Jackie - You have been holding down the fort for us all! I hope everyone is doing OK. Mel are you out there??

Tami - I know what you mean about tired. My 4 year old is sick with the flu too! I cant sleep listening to her cough! And it doesnt help that with the daylight savings time that both kids are getting up at 4:30 am!! UGH!!!!

As for me... thinks are really slow in the weight loss department. I havent been working on it like I should. But This morning I made a HUGE step in the right direction. I actually ate breakfast! WOO HOO~ I am dressed in my walking clothes and after I drop the kiddos off at school, I am on the treadmill! OH, I almost forgot!! I took my vitamins too!

I have a new mantra too! Anyone listen to Bon Jovi? Their new song, Everyday is just awesome, and it hit me between the eyes! I needed a song like that. You can read the lyrics here: Bon Jovi Lyrics

Anyway.. I promise to check in later with some goals and an update for you all!

Hugs to everyone!!
Old 10-28-2002, 11:09 AM   #28  
burned out bus driver

Hi Karen!
I was still lurking on this dumb 'puter trying to update my Virusscan (without success mind you!). I am so glad to hear from you~ one of our MIA's. Hope that you got that walk in this am! Good for you taking those vitamins too. I too have been treading water in the weight loss dept. But today seems to be off to a running start for me, so maybe I can turn a corner and regain control of myself here. Hope that you can too!
Gotta go - this time I am shutting down till later!
See ya!
Ginny
Old 10-28-2002, 01:05 PM   #29  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Ginny! Yep.. got in 35 minutes of walking on my treadmill this morning! Even got showered and completely dressed.. Including blowdrying my hair.. that doesnt happen often these days!

I am logging all my food in FitDay again. I am going to work hard to keep my calories at about 1300 today! And I am going to drink 80 oz of water today!.. got 48 in so far...

Talk to you all soon!

Hugs!
Old 10-28-2002, 01:39 PM   #30  

Goodmorning all!
Glad to see all the motivation today!! I've been trying real hard to eat sensibly and healthily too. I'm not counting cals or anything (of course) but I want to try and eat right for the baby. But it's so hard to do! especially since my one and only craving has been chocolate so far! But I made homemade chicken and dumplings for lunch and boy did it hit the spot!! I made plenty so there will be leftovers for a couple of days (yum)
Well, just thought I would check in. Have a great OP day all!!
Closed Thread