Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #16  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

So far, 14 months at maintaince and I AM one of the 5%. 190+ pounds lost, and my only real goal in this entire process was/is to not regain any weight I was fortunate enough to lose.

When I started out, I didn't have a number or a size in mind, I just wanted to keep off what I lost, so I would NOT have to do it again. I was so tired of doing it again. I was tired of hitting a number and thinking, "gosh this was the weight I was when I________" (Fill in the blank with any life events).

I have NEVER met a person in real life who has lost a great deal of weight and has kept it off. I have met a lot here at 3FC though, and that gives me hope, and keeps me coming back.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-16-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 5"

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics" (Mark Twain)

Do not let the statistics define or limit you.

I like a lot of what people have said here. I think there is something to be said for letting go of those limiting beliefs and accepting that weight loss/lifestyle change may just be an ongoing life-long thing. Hopefully at some point it will get easier to do what needs to be done to keep the pounds off, but maybe it won't and that's a choice we all have to learn to make. Statistics be damned, I think it boils down to choice.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
So, that's what? About two pounds a month gain for the past year plus.

I thought I had "the answer," but clearly I didn't have all of it. It may be that there is no single "answer" that fits all.

Jay
I was just struck by those numbers, because I've gained back about the same amount as you after a loss too. That's about 230 calories extra a day. Pretty easy to add without thinking about it...and maybe what a person would try adding for maintenance after cutting! That tells me it's also *crazy* easy to gain back once you stop watching (I know that from experience)!

Last edited by tea2; 08-16-2010 at 05:01 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5"

I have read many times that those who continue to exercise at a good level do not regain the weight. More muscles means you burn up more calories even when you are doing nothing. I think the evidence that many have kept it off is proven by this forum.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote