Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 08:54 PM   #1  

Unhappy ive lost the willpower

please help me. i hate this..... i was doing really well in my diet,REALLY well, i lost 5 stone this year (seriously) by good healthy delicious meals and lots of excersize and was really happy. but over the past few weeks everything has gone to ****. ive been slumping around eating all day and sciving off of uni, and then at night ive been gorging and surfing the internet, living my life about food food food.ive lost it . whats gone wrong? what hurts the most is how well i was doing, all that strength and determination and the pride. i have wrecked it all and i hate myself. anyne got some ideas of why ive gone wrong? or some sympathy?
Old 10-13-2002, 07:37 AM   #2  

Angry

Hi yuyu, I am here to help if I can. I think you started very well. I to did the same thing. I still don't know what happened myself. All I can say is DON"T give up! Keep trying.

I am a compulsive eater. I eat for all emotional situations or just because I feel like it. I am trying to change my thinking , so that I keep myself occupied with something else instead of eating. Otherwise food rules my life day in day out. I am trying to rule my life in what I choose to put into my mouth. Not what my brain tells me to eat. It's all about changing or controlling our way of thinking I guess.

I keep what is known to me as a journal. In that I have FAT photos of myself and I look at them everyday and imagine myself thinner and happy. I think it's called "visualisation". I have a vision of me being happy and being able to go into a shop to buy clothes heaps smaller than the ones in the photos.

This dosen't always work though! Maybe you could try it.

I hope I have helped in some small way. Let me know how you go.

Peta
Old 10-13-2002, 08:30 AM   #3  
living 1 day at a time

Yuyu, everyone "relapses". It's not like alcohol or drugs. You can't totally eliminate food from your life. The big problem is that when you fall off the wagon you can't beat yourself up. You have to be strong and get up and try again. Even if you fell off the wagon for a few weeks. You can do it!! You have been doing so well.
Mum, what a good idea. Visualization is a great tool. I love your journal idea. Wouldn't it be cool if you could find a website that put your head on a thin, healthy body? Then you could see what you look like thin.

ttfn, morningglory
Closed Thread