Having Trouble..

• meeting my calorie goals for the day..here is today's total

Today's Budget 1,377
    Today's Food 997
    Today's Exercise -111
    Under Balance: 491

I eat three meals and 3 snacks a day, I make them small. It seems to be better for my digestion to eat small meals many times a day instead of 3 full meals. I can't seem to go over my calories needed for the day (except for the hamburger and Chinese buffet capers) I am afraid to increase the amount I eat for fear of going over..

Any ideas would be appreciated
  • Healthy fats! I like to mix nuts with dark chocolate chips for a snack that feels like a treat. 1/8 c is about 100 calories and 1/4 is 200.

Other ideas: add avocado to a sandwich, saute your vegetables in olive oil instead of steaming or roasting them, make your own salad dressing with a good extra virgin olive oil.

It might help to post a typical day's eating so we could give you some ideas that fit in with what you're already doing.
  • I second exactly what gardnerjoy said!

I also like cheese. And peanut or almond butter. A tablespoon of peanut butter on a couple slices of apple -- divine!

Do you plan your food in advance? That would really help. Then you would know if you are going to be under and by how much, so you could decide where to add an extra snack or which meal you could make a little bigger.