Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #1  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Lightbulb Recognizing my own bad eating patterns

Hey guys!

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd make my own to see if anyone else can relate and what your stumbling blocks are. maybe this can help us to catch the habit before it starts and prevent it for successful weightloss?

As I learn more about myself my eating habits and shedding the past in this process I see the pattern for why I go up and down this time around. Even since I started over I notice this trend.

On days when I am broke my eating is SWELL! I pack I don't eat much and I workout wonderfully. When I get paid I kind of am in a rush and don't take the time to slow down and cook or pack something. I'll grab takeout. Like today. I had to come in to work early this morning because if a server upgrade so I missed my morning run and I absolutely HATE working out in the evening I feel that is my relax, make dinner, and family time plus I'm just plain ole wore out. So I'm trying to figure out how to get this workout in.

Also every other week this summer our CEO sponsors a job cookout on (usually this is payday) And it's like a potluck where everyone brings in their meals or picks it up and brings it in.

I did good as I went to Kroger's to pick up my side dish I went ahead and bought healthy lunch snacks and goodies to keep in the fridge for 2 weeks. But i think I overate on the cookout stuff. I have tons of running around to do once I get off AND this morning since we had to come in super early the boss brought in donuts. I got one that was wayyyy to sweet and a little nasty but I have this mental thing where I feel like I have to finish everything I start so I ate the whole thing.

Needless to say I'm feeling a little crappy foodwise today proud of myself for shopping smart and praying I keep this resolve through the weekend. Shoot by the time I get done paying bills I ought not to have any money left to eat out anyways lol.

It is an absolute MUST that I get a workout in this evening. I also notice that whenever I lose a really big amount of weight I unintentionally eat it back on. It's not even something that I noticed until recently. I don't instinctively do it either it's almost subliminal and I don't notice that I've done it until after I'm full and feel miserable. Hmmm gotta find a way to get a handle on this one. I think much prayer and seeking God for answers will help with this one.

The Good thing is atleast I am identifying my traps NOW while I'm trying to lose instead of later when I get to a place of maintenance.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #2  

Don't feel guilty for having to get take out. As far as, eating everything until it is gone can be fixed. Perhaps try putting your leftovers in the fridge for later if you feel guilty for throwing away good food. I have this problem sometimes and I just walk to the fridge when I start filling full. Again, you're on the right track!
iwonder is offline   Reply With Quote