Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 141/141/121

Default LEMONADE diet starts now...

Hello so i defiantly need to kickstart my weight loss plan. Although this seems extreme i just can see no other way to start. For weeks i have tried to break habits an it has not worked, everyday at dinner i stop caring and eat anything i can afford to buy?
Weight-wise i am uncomfortable in my body, my clothes dont fit and i keep buying shapeless dresses to feel like i can still wear certain sizes. I was only when i put some jean on and a shirt when it became painfully obvious that i am bursting out of them? Not a great feeling as you can imagine!
So in order to break habits and give my digestive system a break i am going to try and break ties with food and re-align my palette. I have previously managed 4 days and lost 7lbs! My aim this time is 6 days or 7days?Last time i felt as though after 3 days it was just routine.
Im sure everyone has mixed opinions on this, however i cant stand my current weight it is sad and unrecognizable to me?

THoughts?? Support??
lab21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

As an extremist, I can understand what you're feeling. But this kind of thing rarely helps you get started on the right track, and shows that you're looking at dieting as this painful restriction process (I'm often guilty as well). Sustainably loosing weight is about making sustainable changes- ask yourself, "can I do this for the rest of my life?" and if not, then chances are, it won't work in the long run.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #3  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Well an all lemonaide diet would not be my first choice. What I would do is get rid of all the junk/bad food in your house, start eating more veggies and fruits, starting a fitness journal and log everything that you eat during the day. Good luck and let us know how you are doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab21 View Post
Hello so i defiantly need to kickstart my weight loss plan. Although this seems extreme i just can see no other way to start. For weeks i have tried to break habits an it has not worked, everyday at dinner i stop caring and eat anything i can afford to buy?
Weight-wise i am uncomfortable in my body, my clothes dont fit and i keep buying shapeless dresses to feel like i can still wear certain sizes. I was only when i put some jean on and a shirt when it became painfully obvious that i am bursting out of them? Not a great feeling as you can imagine!
So in order to break habits and give my digestive system a break i am going to try and break ties with food and re-align my palette. I have previously managed 4 days and lost 7lbs! My aim this time is 6 days or 7days?Last time i felt as though after 3 days it was just routine.
Im sure everyone has mixed opinions on this, however i cant stand my current weight it is sad and unrecognizable to me?

THoughts?? Support??
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I don't know anything about the lemonade diet. But a word of caution...you're best course of action is to find some kind of eating plan that will work for you long term and will help you to develope new permanent habits. I personally am not a fan of any crash diet or diet period. I know some disagree, but to me the key to permanent weight loss and weight manangement is a complete lifestyle change. For me that was some variation of calorie counting and exercise. I started with Nutrisystem then went to doing a version of that on my own and now I'm a full blown calorie counter with a big focus on whole foods.

I'm not a big fan of fasting either, which is kinda what this sounds like. For me, I'd probably binge half way through because I would feel so deprived. I have know idea how much you need to lose or what you've tried in the past so I can't really make any good recommendations for you on what you can try to lose weight or why what you've been doing hasn't been working.

All that said, in the end you have to do what works for you and what you can stick with long term and use to lead you into a good maintenance program. If that's the lemonade diet then so be it. Good luck.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #5  
Just Getting Started

S/C/G: 337/337/175

Height: 5'7"

I understand what you're going through but I don't know if this is the best way to start your weightloss. Not sure how you felt on this diet the 1st time around but my co-worker is doing it now and she doesn't have very much energy to do anything. Plus when she started eating again she gained it all back which caused her to freak out and go right back on the lemonade diet.

I'm just starting on my weight loss journey. I'm making changes slow and steady. My first two week have been about getting started on a good exercise routine. Now in addition to that I'm going to start focusing more on my diet.

While I hope you find a another way, if it's what you choose to do, I wish you all the best and I hope it works out better for you than it did my co-worker. Keep us posted.
natrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab21 View Post

THoughts?? Support??
If you lost 7 pounds, and gained it all back, doing this fad crash diet, what makes you think that this time you will keep it off? What is it they say..."If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you always get."

Why not forget this crazy high schoolish fad "diet" and just eat healthy food at a lower calorie rate. You'll lose weight, feel good, and it might just stick.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #7  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

The whole purpose of our digestive system is to digest food - it doesn't need a break - you're doing nothing to help your body with that. Obviously is you severely limit the calories in, you will lose water weight that will come right back as soon as you re-introduce healthy food. Give yourself a chance to succeed this time ... healthy foods, activity and plenty of water.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

actually, i agree with some parts of your plan. Your digestive system does get sluggish. It does get over run with yeast, and plaques. The worse your diet is, the worse this is.

When I go off plan and I eat unhealthy processed foods for the majority of my food--that is all i want, unhealthy processed foods. I crave them!

If you really want to do something--do a body cleanse. And go on a juice fast for a couple of days. I don't know what the lemonade diet includes, but you still need nutrients. Your system might also benefit from a psyllium husk/nutrient blend frequently sold in stores as "cleansers".

I also have to jump start my weight loss with a "kick". I believe fasting is very good for the body and spirit. And I use that as a "reset" button.

The cleanse, is not so much for the weight loss, as it is for the "reset" of your cravings and to allow your body to process the junk and detox as much as possible.

It is scientific that obese people have gunk lodged in their intestines and colons. I can not prove it, but I am pretty sure that alone wreaks havoc on the digestive process, slows down the break down of food (basically you are digesting food when you haven't even eaten) and makes it harder to absorb nutrients.

I agree you may lose weight with a fast, but you most likely will gain it back once you start eating wholesome healthy fare. BUT, your body will be more efficient and you should want to eat healthier by the end of the fast.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #9  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

I agree with what the others here have said. Most of us have been there done that. I would suggest you go to the goal, and mini-goal albums and take a look at the people who have been successful. I do this often, especially when I feel the desparation kick in. I have never seen one of them post they were successful with any fad dieting technique. True weight loss is long and slow, and sometimes frustrating. But, It is more likely to stay off, and not ruin your metabolism. just give it a lot of thought. Good luck in your journey.
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #10  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I suspect (because I've been there), that you start losing all will power at dinner time because you're depriving yourself all day, or severely restricting your calories before dinner, which makes you ravenous. I've found that eating every 2 hours and never letting myself get famished is the absolute key for me

Do a little digging around, figure out your BMR (here's a link for how much you need to subtract to lose) http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm an estimate on what you need to lose calories, log your daily intake and see if there's anything you can tweak (sparkpeople.com, fitday.com are some ideas). Do a little research, about diets, and maybe even whole foods.... After doing some research and trying out new things, and you have more info, and you still want to do the extreme lemonade diet, them at least you'll be more informed about other options.

Last edited by pinkflower; 07-25-2010 at 11:41 AM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If you're not able to stick to a *diet* that's got food in it, how will you expect to stick to one that consists of lemonade? Nothing will work if you don't stick to it, and everything WILL work if you stick to.

Anyway - you want to go extreme - limiting your choices (which is what I think you are thinking that lemonade diet will do) - why not set self imposed limitations, boundaries? Make yourself some rules, some guidelines, some definite NO's - and stick to that. But at the same time make it ENJOYABLE. Find delicious, HEALTHY lower calorie foods to eat. Start developing a taste for them this second instead of wasting time doing a silly diet.

Definite no's - no fast food, soda, sugar, rice, flour and products that use it.
Definite yes's, sticking to only what's on your list: -
-low fat proteins - turkey and chicken breast, salmon, talapia, tuna and other fish, egg whites. No frying - bake it, broil it, roast it, grill it, sautee it, pan sear it...
-Salads (minimal or no fat dressings), veggies, veggies, veggies - roasted, stir fried, in a soup, sauteed, grilled
-fruit - berries, apples, grapes, oranges, melon
- no and low fat dairy products, such as yogurt and cottage cheese.

Start developing good healthy eating habits. Adhere to a calorie budget. Be particular and choosy. CARE what goes into your body (and what doesn't). Incorporate this into your life. Do that and the weight will come off - and stay off - permanently.

Losing 7 lbs in a week is great - not so great when you put it back on the following week. You've got to look for long term SOLUTIONS, not quick fixes that fix nothing and do more harm than good. Life style change. Eating healthy foods in healthy portions day in and day out. There really is no other way to achieve long term weight loss success. If there was, Oprah would have known about it .
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #12  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

I couldn't agree more w/Rockinrobin. Weight loss is about making a healthy and permanent lifestyle change. If you immediately start out on the wrong foot, i.e. the lemonade diet, how can you even begin to think that it will lead to successful results?

All of us have been there, we've all had a Day 1 and we all started in the same place you are right now. It seems like an impossible task, but Rome wasn't built in a day. You don't have to become a calorie counting, clean eating, exercise machine all on the first day. It's about making small positive changes slowly. All you have to do is make 1 small change, whether it is cutting out soda or saying no to dessert, then once your body has adapted and accepted the change, you move on to the next.

None of us are medical experts and we can't tell you what will absolutely work for you and your lifestyle, but we can give you good sound advice and lots of support to help you on your journey. I just didn't decide to lose weight and have it automatically fall off. It's about trial and error, it's about learning about your body and figuring out what it can and cant' do, it's about having small daily victories that add up to attaining your overall goal.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the luck in the world and the ladies and gents at 3FC will always be here to support, encourage, and listen to you. We will listen to your success stories and we will listen to you vent about falling off the horse, but we will help you get back on that horse and help you get to your goal.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

No!! This is SO harsh on your digestive system/colon. The plan calls for you to drink salt water on an empty stomach and take laxatives, which essentially causes you to have spontaneous diarrhea for an hour. Seriously.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

You only have 20 pounds to lose. You can do that through healthy food and reasonable exercise. You can easily do it by Thanksgiving. You have to COMMIT to it, not think about it, not do it for 2/3 of a day. Sit down. Plan healthy meals and snacks. Throw away all the crap in your house -- sweets, desserts, white bread, white rice. Schedule your exercise as a priority in your day.

If you "stop caring" at dinner every night, drinking a mixture of lemon juice and cayenne pepper is not going to make you start caring.

Think about why you want to lose weight. Write down every reason, whether it's deep or shallow or vain -- cause they're all valid. Look at that list of reasons every time you even consider putting food in your mouth. Know that each time you make a healthy choice, you are stepping closer to your goal. You may not feel that step -- your clothes will not get looser every time you eat broccoli instead of a twinkie -- but believe me, you have just gotten closer.

Please come over to the Featherweights forum. You can "meet" lots of people working on different plans.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote