It is Getting "Easier"

• Last night, I went with my sister to a "Park Lane" jewelry party at her neighbors house. I am good at over eating at social gatherings with crunchy, salty snacks and sweet, yummy goodies. I drank a wee bit of champagne (I had planned on a glass of wine or such) and then my sister asked me if I would like to split a piece of cake. I was so relieved! I was looking at the cake and I wanted a taste... but these were people I didn't know, and I didn't know if I should ask her to cut a wee little piece for me.

Anyways, the couple of bites of cake were scrumptious. I enjoyed a bit of champagne and I really had no problem passing by the brownies and m&m's and chocolate covered strawberries (one of my favorites!). It really was actually EASY for me to have my wee little treat and say to myself "that was enjoyable" and not eat any more for the rest of the evening.

I was shocked! And now I am rambling!
  • Go you! Great job and it's wonderful to recognize that you're becoming the kind of person who eats a wee bit of cake instead of the kind of person who overeats at social gatherings!
  • Well done!
  • That's great. It's always hard for me to pass on sweets...way to go!!