Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
Honestly anything that works for you is a good idea.
I totally agree with this!

For me personally, I would not like the idea of sticking to the same breakfast and lunch, and only having variety at dinner time. As a few other people in this thread have expressed, I really love food and cooking and exploring a wide variety of foods, and I think I would find myself bored if two thirds of the meals I were eating never changed, and involved the same preparation every time.

Whilst I tend to find myself eating the same breakfasts (I eat cereal, so just eat the same until the box runs out and we change over!), I think if I tried to stick to the same breakfast and lunch I would get very bored very quickly. Although my lunches tend to be similar or the same for a few days at at time, this is only because I'm making them for just me, and therefore the ingredients cover several servings. I wouldn't deliberately choose to eat the same thing, week in, week out.

I think I understand the premise of the point this chap is making (since for most people, dinner is spent at home and people generally have more time to prepare dinner than they do to make a packed lunch or prepare breakfast before work, and it's good to know a few "stock" healthy meals), but I think it's such an individual thing that it's just not really one of those times when a "one size fits all" solution is very helpful (in my view!). Some people really enjoy eating the same, tasty thing for long stretches of time, and others like to mix it up a bit, so I don't really think this advice would help everyone.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/176/140

Height: 5'4"

I eat cereal pretty much every day and I'm okay with it. Sometimes I'll have scrambled eggs or some toast but I find I'm not as satisfied when I try something different. I guess I'm just so used to cereal haha
retropink is offline   Reply With Quote