Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 06:44 AM   #31  
Finally Fit!

Yeah, never lose sight of your goal. SOmetimes, I cheat, and feel lousy about it. But, then when I get home, I try to compensate for it, like taking a nic elong walk until I break a sweat. Or maybe do some housework... some to get your blood pumping. If I eat something bad, and then lay around, that's when I feel defeated. SO, work it girl!
Old 10-16-2002, 07:56 AM   #32  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

okay, I just weighed in and I am very surprised.I was on a diet for 3 days before I ever weighed myself because I was too scared to acrually see how much I weighed. I wasn't expecting that much of a loss this week because I figured most of the bloat weight would have been gone in the 3 days.

But I lost 6 pounds this week!!!!So now I am at 200.5 pounds. I feel great!!!!

I hope everyones day is great.

Angie
Old 10-16-2002, 10:40 AM   #33  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I weighed in!!!! I lost 6 pounds this week.I cant believe it. I didnt dare to open my eyes when I stepped on the scales. I checked it 2 or 3 times to make sure it was right.YEAH!!! I feel so good today I just went for a 2 1/2 mile walk with the hubby and the dogs.I hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:35 PM   #34  
Finally Fit!

Good job this week Angie!!! What a tremendous weight loss for one week! You must be being so good! Kep it op! You know, as winter gets here, we need to be working harder than ever to lose weight, because I htink naturally, we put on layer of insulation. It's almost automatic. And, It's harder sometimes to get out there, and be athletic, when the house is so warm , dry, and toasty. But, we can do it, and we'll be here for support.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:37 PM   #35  
Finally Fit!

I also wanted to comment that... THANK GOD FOR OUR ANIMALS, TO KEEP US MOTIVATED TO WALK THEM! If it weren't for my little Celia, I'd probably care less about walking every dayt, but I feel that committment to her, and if she doesn't get that walk, she's basically housebound all day and night. That's no way to live! So, I get out, and she gets to smell the world, and keep me motivated too! Just 2 cents.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:43 PM   #36  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I agree with you. I have a Jack Russell Terrier and he NEEDS to get his exercise.My Keeshond gets excited but she loses steam halfway through(she is a little lazier than a terrier).Boy don't they get excited when I ask them if they want to go for a walk. Rebel is good incentive to finish the walk too. My husband tried to get him to go down our street halfway through and he wasn't having any of that!!!Rebel was literally dragging himself sideways so he didnt have to go down our street.It was so funny.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:48 PM   #37  
Finally Fit!

I know! Celia gets all excited when she hears we're "going anywhere! She's my little cheering section! I wish I had her enthusiasm about life. She's my sweetie pie. We're always walking together, and we have a certain path we take throughout the neighborhood. The other dogs are constantly barking at us, and I"m always wdonering why they don't walk their dogs. I see other dogs tied to trees, or in the yard, with a dirt run.. I feel so bad for them. I can't imagine if she ws tied to something,a nd just stayed there all day, watching other dogs walking... waht a shame that people don't see pets as companions , but merely as possessions. It makes me wanna cry.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:36 AM   #38  
Finally Fit!

Well, I went to Aerobics, and I feel great! I needed to sweat. Poor dog, though, she needs a good walk. I'll be in the hospital with sick hubby. He's got chemo this morning. We'll take a long walk tonight with doggie, and I"ll feel less guilty for her sloth. I found a tick on her last night, and freaked out. We went hiking this past Monday, and I immediately flea bathed her.... ya think she's okay? It really freaked me out to find that.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:00 PM   #39  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Uughh a tick. I had one on my cat once they are so gross.I sent you a pm of a sight about dogs that I go to.They know just about everything about dogs there.

I don't think I could do aerobics.When I am on my bike I have to stop once in a while.

How is your husband doing? Ok I hope.

Talk to you later, Angie
Old 10-17-2002, 08:12 PM   #40  
Finally Fit!

Hubby is okay, had a painful attack, and ended up getting big guns meds.. He's grouchy and tired, and we're heading upstairs to watch Survivor, CSI, and then sleepy time. We spent all day up there at the hospital, but we're hoping this second dose he got today will start to work in him. We're praying for remission. Keep us in your thoughts. It means more to us than you know.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:54 PM   #41  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am hoping and praying for you. If there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:23 PM   #42  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Tomorrow, tomorrow.....

Yes, tomorrow never seems to come. I'll get back on my plan tomorrow........ There's always an excuse to eat... the kids didn't finish, and we can't let it go to waste..... I'm lonely... I'm stressed... I'm busy at work... I'm at my mom's... I'm with my sister.... You name it, I'll turn it into an excuse to eat. When did food become my best buddy? Why can't a break up with food? This is a very unhealthy relationship.

I said I lost 3.5 pounds, but now it's all back, and I didn't even cheat! What's up with THAT?????? I'm going to buy a new scale.... maybe this one is broken, I have had it awhile. I can't give up, and even though I ate all that pizza tonight, doesn't mean I won't stick to it tomorrow. It just stinks when I see no results. I have no husband, no pets, just my kids (the greatest kids ever).... we don't dare go for a walk when we get home, because it's dark and the street is a through street, so there's always some looney toon speeding down the not very well lit road. SHeesh, I'll try to post more often, maybr I won't be so long winded.

ciao!
Old 10-18-2002, 07:35 AM   #43  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

You can vent to us all you want. That is why I came here,to help others the best I can and to get help. I am the same way with food...My husband says if food is our friends than we must be the most popular people!!!!(he thinks he is funny *grin*) Get a new scale it may help.I sit mine in the exact same spot everytime.I am in the same situation with the walks too. My JRT nipped a kid when he was 10 months old(he is exciteable and I think he was just jumping up like he does us and made a mistake) but anyway I had to agree to stop walking him in town and that leaves the woods and I do not like walking in the woods or back roads while cars are speeding by me.That is the reason I stopped walking to begin with and the major reason I gained all of my weight back.

Come here all you want we are all in the same boat and we can do it together.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:26 AM   #44  
Finally Fit!

Thumbs down Hang In There Chicky!

Just a vote of confidence for you. You feel defeated now, but like you said, there's alsways tomorrow, and you can always start over. Take it LITERALLY, one day at a time. Jen, listen, I have bad days all the time, but I also need to be able to indulge sometimes. Try to look for classes or something, like Parks and Rec has aerobics, and other types of classes. That's what I ended up doing. And it's not expensive, a one time fee. Then, if you can get a sitter, you get your workout in, and then feel good about yourself -- meet other women who look and feel like you, and you'llknow you're not alone. See what's in your town for walking, lik ethe ZOO, or maybe a park, with a trail. Get the kids involved. I'm not a pro... just trying to give some options... I hope you stay with us... don't beat yourself up when you fall down.. get back up and start over.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:36 PM   #45  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Shoopping Spree

Hi Girls My mom and I spent the day together and went shopping and to lunch. I did pretty good at lunch. Only ate half my food, and I ordered what looked like the least dangerous thing. My birthday is Tuesday, and the gals at work are taking me to lunch, and my ex and the kids are taking me to dinner, so if I can get through tuesday, I should be able to stay on track.
I bought a new scale today, but I think I'll wait til Tuesday to weigh in. That's my co-workers "bone day". Every Tuesday she has to take a bone pill, and drink lots of water, and she's running to go potty 25 times a day, so we decided it would be both of our "special day". She (Kitty) has been a wonderful support. She's the one who quit smoking 2 years ago, so she really knows what it's like to break an addiction, and she's very supportive, and I really admire her.

Thank you for being so uplifting too. Things are going to be fine. I hope ya'll are having a fabulous weekend! Take care,

Jen
Closed Thread