3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I lost 8.4 lbs in 45 minutes! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/207449-i-lost-8-4-lbs-45-minutes.html)

jennyplain 07-18-2010 10:30 AM

I lost 8.4 lbs in 45 minutes!

By cleaning out my closet, obviously!

I have been reluctant to get rid of my 18s and 20s, but today I resolved to do it. I went in with a bag for Goodwill and an eye to get rid of anything that doesn't fit anymore. When I was done, I had a pile of Goodwill, a closet full of clothes that fit, and another pile of "nearly there" clothes that are my 14s and down.

It feels like a weight has been lifted from me, even if it's not from my body itself! Hopefully someone can benefit from my old clothes, while I continue to work my way down through the sizes.

rockinrobin 07-18-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

I lost 8.4 lbs in 45 minutes!
Oh well, I was certain that you were going to tell us that you had given birth and that it was a very quick labor. :)

But apparently a different kind of congratulations are in order! So, congratulations! On needing to get rid of the old stuff and on actually doing it. It DOES feel great.

I moved out my clothing the second they no longer fit me. I did not want to see hide nor hare of them ever, ever again.

Good job! Keep up the good work. May you continue to fill up those bags and haul them out of your life. :)

Eliana 07-18-2010 10:59 AM

Decluttering anything always feels like that to me. I love decluttering...hate clutter. I have been getting rid of my clothes all throughout this journey. I've kept a couple pair of pants I remember well because it's now a fun visual of where I was, but everything else is out the door! I love how sparse my closet is right now and look forward to filling it.

jennyplain 07-18-2010 11:06 AM

I have one pair of jeans that are the biggest pants I had to buy - I'm keeping them for comparison's sake!

My closet is still pretty full, because I am a clotheshorse. However, I am trying to figure out what my *style* is, instead of just buying things "because they fit." That was my MO for years, and it resulted in a hundred pieces of clothing that are okay, but that I don't really love!

Robsia 07-18-2010 11:18 AM

When I was overweight, my style was wide legged black trousers and tunic tops. Occasionally a very long skirt if I could find one that didn't make me look like a heifer.

Now my style is fitted shirts to show off my boobs and slim waist and over the knee flirty skirts to show off my sexy legs - I love my new style!!

Windchime 07-18-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 3392130)
Oh well, I was certain that you were going to tell us that you had given birth and that it was a very quick labor. :)

Hahah, that's what I thought, too! :)

ducktape54 07-18-2010 02:49 PM

That is awesome!!!!

susieyarb 07-18-2010 03:07 PM

Great work!

I have gotten rid of my too big clothes as soon as they were too big. I'm having to buy EVERY.THING new! I can't afford to re-gain any weight!!

lizziep 07-18-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Oh well, I was certain that you were going to tell us that you had given birth and that it was a very quick labor.
Hahah, that's what I thought, too!

i totally thought it was something to do with fiber and insanely large poo... haha.

i love the freeing powerful feeling of getting rid of stuff! good job! And hopefully soon you can go through and do it again.

successfulhannah 07-19-2010 11:15 AM

Yes I have done this twice already....and still have lots more to give away! I just hate having to buy new clothes that are only going to fit me for a couple of weeks then I have to give them away again... I also have kept 1 pair of jeans that were the biggest jeans I wore a size 24, so one day I can fit in 1 pants leg lol hahahaha