Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i have to disagree a little with you brown. I read on body building websites, that the more muscle you have in a given area, the more fat you will burn in that area...plus the muscle becomes kind of a "filler" for the flabby areas. If you read about how the best way to improve cellulite is building the muscle underneath the skin, because it smooths out the appearance--I'd rather be thicker, and have more tone, than flabby without tone.

Here is a quote from a website: (it is about men, but the relationship to muscle for women is the same)

Men tend to deposit excess fat primarily in the lower abdominal area. Although it is not possible to spot reduce body fat, it is true that muscle burns fat, and the more muscle you have in any given area, the more fat the body will burn. For this reason, it is essential for men to build as much muscle in the lower abdominal region as possible to expedite fat burning and, consequently, have a flatter tummy, and there are several exercises that help to do that.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/93...#ixzz0twjVKfnc

it could also be that if you tone your chest less, which most women don't have trouble with that, then you can keep body fat on your chest, and lose from other places, then do light toning exercises like these: http://geniusbeauty.com/about-sport-...ith-exercises/

also..brown ,you are right about causal relationship. My family has the GENETICS to have boobs. My mom, sis, me, Aunts. So the low carbing way has been the ONLY thing that gets rid of them--therefore a causal relationship can be established between low carbing--and losing your breasts despite genetics, but if you don't have the genetics--they are going to go. Everything i have read states it is up to your genetics whether or not you can retain boobs during weight loss. both my mom and my sis, lost their boobs during low carb plans, but maintained during healthy balanced plans.

Nc, though i did find one body builder's suggestion might be helpful. He talked about a controlled weight gain. What it was when you get down to the size you want--if you lose your boobs, you can do a controlled gain, and really watch the gain. The trainer's reasoning was, you lose from your preferred storage area--if it's the breasts, then you will gain in your preferred storage area.

i have never heard of that, but since it seems that this is a SUBJECT women lament the most over weight loss, it would be worth a try. i would research it further, because most women state that if they lose first from their breasts, they gain LAST on their breasts.

I totally think NC this should be a complete new thread because I imagine every woman is thinking or feeling the same thing.

teehhee. Here is a guy who jumped in on a forum trying to help women figure this out too. Apparently Jillian Michaels writes about this very thing in her book.

know I'm a guy and I'm am not an expert, but Jillian Michaels' book Master your Metabolism has some good info on why we lose/gain weight in certain areas. Women will be prone to losing/gaining weight in their chest almost regardless of what you do, but if you gain master some of your hormones:

i.e.
-Monitoring your thyroid
-Birth control pill issues
-Lifting weights(different methods trigger different good hormones) and other anerobic exercises
-HIIT cardio
-And more

If you are going in the right direction in these areas, you won't necessarily avoid burning fat in your chest, but you will burn it from your other areas and from in your muscle areas as well. Don't forget fat is intertwined with our muscle.

Also, eat extra protein(take supplements if necessary) and do chest weight lifting in addition to your other body areas(of course) to ensure you are not burning muscle from behind your boobs. If you make your chest muscles stronger, you will be tighter their and remain more perky which will help make them look bigger/better even if you do lose some size.

Here is another suggestion: http://www.dailymuscle.com/2006/03/1...gger-breasts/#

Here is a testimony on a forum from another woman in a response to a woman asking the SAME question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred
Has anyone lost weight but kept their same bra size? I hear so many women say that when they lost weight, they decreased in cup size. Is this true? My sister needs to lose about 50 pounds but is worried about loosing breast size. She was a 36C before she gained weight and is now a 38DD. Will she go back to a 36C?

I don't know. I've lost weight before, myself, but I think my breasts got fuller and rounder (I'm up to a C cup now; was a 36B before). But I did do a lot of upper body training too. So, that helps to keep them at a good size, I guess.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...#ixzz0twrCzpc6

so there you go!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote