Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Default Big And Tall??

hello...anyone out there that I can maybe connect with that is about my height and weight and maybe also age? I I would love to find an accountability friend that understands the LARGE feelings that go along with being overweight at this height. I always hear the comment "Oh, but you carry it sooo well!!" (GAG)
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #2  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Hey there! Im 5'11.5'' & I currently weigh 229, with my highest weight a little over 250! So Im right there with ya! I totally agree with you! Ive heard comments such as "Well you probably only need to loose 20 lbs" or "70lbs are you crazy, you'll look emaciated!!". The good thing is for people our size- well at least for me, Im generalizing, but it hasnt been too hard to get the weight off!
Sure, I have to stick to my allotted calories & exercise, but I've been steady at about 2lbs a week.
Anyways, Im here for ya! Ive got quite the journey to complete as well!
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #3  

Default So good to hear from you!!

Hello

Your journey does sound like mine. I see that you are quite a bit younger than me but i as well notice that when I put my mind to it I can also lose the lbs fairly quickly. The first week is usually the largest amount then it slows down.
Anyways, I have already been blessed with 5 great children and a wonderful, loving husband who fell in love with me at 170 lbs...so I think I also owe it to him to try as hard as I can. Even though I know thats not what is important to him, it is to me.
I'm sure i will feel alot better about myself when (notice I didn't say if...thats part of positive thinking[i think]LOL)I lose the weight.
I would love to hear your progress and hear your struggles as well. We can hopefully help each other through. Take care!!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #4  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

I hope so! We can do it!!
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #5  
just me

S/C/G: 327/277/185

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Canada View Post
hello...anyone out there that I can maybe connect with that is about my height and weight and maybe also age? I I would love to find an accountability friend that understands the LARGE feelings that go along with being overweight at this height. I always hear the comment "Oh, but you carry it sooo well!!" (GAG)
I am 6'1" and started at 327 lbs. I am currently at 279 lbs.
wickky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #6  

Default It Can"t Be True

Well, I just got on the scale this morning and it told me I was down 5 lbs. I'm sure it's mostly fluid and not all fat but still, 5 lbs of butter would got a little heavy in the shopping bag
I like to make comparisons to things like that to put it into perspective.
Rah Rah to allof you out there and all the best over the weekend