I feel blah!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I don't know whats come over me, this past week I have felt so BLAH! I stayed on plan with my food and exercise but at the same time have had to fight myself to do so. I dread waking up and doing my P90X and I dread having to worry about what I'm going to eat and feel like just doing nothing all day. And I feel so tired too..I thought maybe it had something to do with diet, so I upped my calories and protein since I am doing weight training. Last week I missed 2 weigh-in's simply because I had been sleeping-in due to being so exhausted from doing hours of yard work along with my normal workout routine and the next day when I weighed myself I was 3lbs heavier! Now I'm jumping up and down between 2-3lbs. I even took this last Monday off from P90X just to give myself that extra days break. Yesterday there was a surprise b-day party for my bf's dad and I ended up having a VERY small slice of cake with one scoop of low fat ice cream and even though I fit it into my daily calorie intake, I have that "OMG I'm slacking!" type of feeling even though I know thats over exaggerating. I don't know whats come over me, I don't feel motivated anymore. I'm not sure if its because of that gain I had which kinda made me feel ****ty...lol or if I'm just pushing myself too hard or if I'm just bored....I dono. I'm sure everyone has had these weeks.

I thought posting my 2 week update on youtube (link in my siggy) would have got me back in the "get fit" mode again but it really hasn't. I'm doing everything I need to still, on plan and no intention of stopping that of course, but don't feel motivated. I have lost 117-118lbs so far and I'm so proud of myself, but at the same time I feel so drained.

Any idea's of what I can do to get motivated again?
  • Could you be pregnant? (I felt the way you described at the beginning of both of my pregnancies.) If not, PMS, Heat, TOM, West Nile virus? If you are worried, please go see your doctor. You should have more energy these days, not less.
  • funny, when i first read that, i thought you might be pregnant too.

It could mean you just need to maintain for a little while. You have done awesome. And maybe you just need a rest. I don't believe you will completely slack off and go off plan. Your body is exhausted, if you are not pregnant, it is telling you--hey ease up, i can only do so much.

stay eating healthy and doing light exercise, like walking. No P90 until the thought doesn't make you gag.

a lot can be said for rest periods. Maybe 2 weeks. Then see if you feel really motivated to keep going.
  • I sure hope I'm not pregnant O.O BF and I have been using protection. TOM is at the last week of the month so I don't think its PMS, could be though. HEAT is definitely a possibility! I've lived in WA a little over a year now and have gotten used to the cold weather but these past 2 week we've had sun and it has gotten pretty warm. And I heard on the news a few days ago there were traces of West Nile in the Wa state now. I wish I could go to the doctors for a check up but I don't have health insurance at the moment, I'm still job hunting.

I was out doing yard work in that heat too, for a few hours a day, I wonder if it just took the energy out of me. Thats why I took my Monday off, my boyfriend is still fighting me to just take the week off but I feel that is too long of a rest for me.
  • jendiet Hahaha I really hope I'm not! LMAO not that I don't want kids one day, just not now! I really don't think I am, I don't see how I could be. xD
  • a girl can only take so much! don't strain yourself. you will know what you can and cannot handle for the week, trust me.
  • im in the same boat, its a struggle to keep on... you do but its like half @$$ed... LOL

We will get through it! maybe take a day off of something, just to fully rest or switch up what your doing... could be your not getting enough sleep
  • I think it could be the combination of your yard work with the heat. Here in Florida we are very aware of just how much a couple of hours in the sun (plus our humidity) can take out of a person. I think you should take it a bit slower for a few days and let yourself recover. You will know when you are ready to go again. I always have a harder time with motivation during our summers. I'm ready for October!
  • I've done P90X 3 times, and I get to a certain point every time where I am just seriously lethargic. I think it's the nature of the hard strength training, because intense cardio programs don't cause the same kind of fatigue for me. I got stuck at a plateau at 160 lbs while doing P90x. It helped me to drink a recovery drink after the strength workouts, believe it or not. I didn't buy the expensive beachbody one that they always talk about in the videos, but I made my own by mixing orange gatorade with some vanilla protein powder. Also, when I felt tired I was upping my protein, but it didn't seem to help, so I upped my carbs (not sugar, whole grains and fruits, lol). I feel a hundred times better now, and this got me through the plateau, so to speak. I know it says all this in the P90X manual (the diet phases with increasing carbs and the recovery drink), but I never thought adding carbs + a somewhat caloric drink would help jumpstart my weight loss and make me feel better...but it did. Good luck!
  • It's probably just temporary. You've been working hard.
    Have you ever had your thyroid checked?
  • I have been feeling blah today, too... I am wiped out. I could lay down right now, in my cubicle, and sleep.

I was poking around on a body building website a while ago. I thought maybe I could learn some helpful tips for me and my little exercises I do. I read an article on "refeeding" yourself. It talked about taking a week off every 6 weeks or so to eat a little extra carbs and take a break from working out.

I think in a lot of ways, we are "training" pretty hard. Restricting our calories, working out, etc. Maybe try upping your calories for a week (not a whole ton, just an extra snack, perhaps?) and take a week off to sleep in a bit and skip the exercise.
  • Quote: I read an article on "refeeding" yourself. It talked about taking a week off every 6 weeks or so to eat a little extra carbs and take a break from working out.
    This is what I was thinking about. Someone who posts on Exercise (mkroyer maybe?) has mentioned both refeeding and deloading (where you take a week off of exercise or at least decrease significantly). You might search on "refeed" or "deload" to see if you can find anything. It certainly makes sense -- after a while your body just gets exhausted!

I unintentionally did a "refeed" week while on vacation -- I had been eating around 1600 calories/day and I basically ate 2000+ for a week, with a 25% reduction in exercise. I had a 2-lb "gain" that evaporated in a couple days, and my weight loss for the month was a pound better than the previous month!

ETA: And CONGRATS on your amazing success!
  • Thank you so much for the support everyone!

luciddepths - Yes that was another thing, I noticed I have been sleeping in BIG TIME...I mean I normally stay up until 3-4am and get up around 10-11am but this past week have been sleeping until 1pm!!! And still feeling tired.

bellona - Thank you for the info! I think I will try a protein shake, I'm pretty sure that will help.

airbear - No, I haven't had my thyroid checked since I was around 8-9.

My calorie intake is 1200-1600 and until recently have been staying closer to the 1200. I have decided to switch that up and eat more, keeping it to the higher end of that. Hopefully I get more energy out of it and maybe kick me out of this plateau!
  • I found the same thing, i can sleep and sleep.. or im just not getting enough.. 5 hours instead of 8.. that kinda thing...

Also if you went down to 1200 ( i did this recently too, still going up and down within the same range as you but more hanging at 1200) I've noticed i can feel my self get tired and i need a boost with sugar or something. So maybe diabetes? or Hypoglycemia
  • I've been feeling much the same way the last few days, just kind of moping around and tired all the time. No change in diet or exercise (except my motivation lack), but for me I think it is the heat. It was 105 today and tomorrow is supposed to be hotter. This isn't record-breaking weather by far here, and though I've always heard having humidity with the heat is harder to bear, walking outdoors feels like your mouth, nose and eyes are cooking in a dry oven. Not much fun either Here's to the swimming pool!