Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Why do we always want what we can't have...

...so I'm thrilled, I'm entering maintenance, I'm getting ready to start training for my first half marathon, life is good in general...but...I WANT another baby! It's insane, I mean right now is so not the time. The issue is that financially another child is NOT an option right now, but EVERYONE I know is pregnant right now...so because I can't have it I want...so stupid.

But I just keep thinking, if we could have another child right now, would I really want to? For one thing my first isn't even 2 yet so the TERRIBLE twos are rearing their ugly head, but even more so, I'm just entering maintenance and the thought of not getting a chance to enjoy my new body and gaining weight is depressing. And of course, can't exactly train for a half marathon while pregnant. So maybe part of me is glad that we can't right now, because maintaining and training are pretty important to me at this stage in the journey, but I still can't help but feel like a member of our family is missing...I guess I just wish I could be satisfied with the life I have, I mean it's really wonderful and having lost the burden of obesity just makes it so much sweeter. I feel like I don't feel as happy as I should about almost reaching my goal, because I'm still wanting something else. Are we ever satisfied with anything?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, my brain works like that, too. I made a commitment to myself on the first day of summer to focus on losing weight this summer. We're, what, three weeks into summer? I'm losing weight faster than I ever have in my life. But am I happy? No, I keep getting mad at myself for not getting more done on the house, or writing that Great American Novel. LOL.

This sounds too simple, but one thing that really helps is to make a list at the end of the day of three to five things that made me happy or that I'm grateful for that day. Because, really, it turns out that we're happy a lot -- it's more that we forget to pay attention to it.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I think it is in wanting things that we are driven to do better/be better/accomplish more. I think if we all had everything we wanted, we would be bored, unhappy and sit around with nothing to work towards.

I think I know exactly how you feel. My son is 18 months old and I have been thinking A LOT the last few days about when it will be time for #2. We can not financially afford #2 yet. In fact, if I got PG right now I think we would be financially ruined. I am going to stay on the pill for one more year. At the end of next year, we will have some things paid off and will hopefully be able to swing two kids in daycare at that time. I don't even WANT to PG EVER again so I don't even know WHY I am thinking about it... or wishing we could do it now... UGH to start all over again with feedings every two hours. Our son sleeps through the night, but he has temper tantrums every time we take him out of the tub lately. (he loves bathtime!)

I am FINALLY right back to wear I was when I got PG with my son. I would freak if I was PG again... I gotta lose 40 more lbs first!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #4  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

You could always adopt down the road when you're financially ready for another child if you're worried about weight gain.
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote