Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Who else needs a pick me up at 3 pm..and what do you do?

I'm pretty sure it's hormonally controlled and has to do with my adrenal glands, but when 3 pm comes around i want to just take a nap!

today for lunch i ate lentil salad and 2 eggs. AND i still wanted a nap. So i don't think it has anything to do with a carb laden lunch.

for me, I make a coffee drink , with ice, 2 tsp mocha mix, and a two tsp of Breakfast carnation drink. and 1/2 cup milk. the coldness plus the coffee zip really pick me up. plus this has wayyy less calories than a mocha frappe, but tastes just as good.

I also have my favorite thing: Green Tea Fat burner pills. I take the liquid form as well. i usually take one of these in the morning...and have the coffee drink in the afternoon.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am just like you!!!! If I can squeeze it in, I take a nap for about 15 minutes. I feel so much better! Otherwise, I hit the coffee hard until about 5 pm.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #3  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hey Jen, that use to happen me around 2:30-3:00 every day. I would actually lay on the sofa at 2:45 and get back up at 3:25 just in time to meet the school bus. I called them power naps. But once I started eating better (not skipping meals and eating anything at whatever time) it changed. Your coffee drink sounds good, I love Frappe's also haven't had one in 40 days So would you happen to know how many calories are in your mix? I'd love to try it. Thanks

Last edited by love2b150; 07-10-2010 at 09:31 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #4  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

Me too! Doesn't matter what I eat so I don't think it is related to that! If I can squeeze in a nap for 15 minutes I do. If not, I drink Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice Tea with 1/2 tsp of agave nectar and skim milk. Label says it is "lightly caffeinated" but seems to have enough to get me over the hump!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

That's about snack time for me. Usually it is one small banana sliced into 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (protein). Sometimes I'll do one cup of grapes or a baggie of cut up veggies and a Sargento low fat cheese stick.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #6  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

It happens to me too, I think because I don't get enough sleep at night maybe, I only get 6-8 hours. I function much better when I get around 10 hours (but thats not happening with 2 kids, lol). When it happens to me I get up and go outside and get some sunshine (provided the sun is out). I stay at home, so it's easy for me to run outside for 10 minutes and water my flowers and garden or get the laundry off the line or do some quick weeding or even just walk around the house admiring my landscaping abilities.

I find the mixture of sunshine and light exercise/stretching really perks me up. If that fails, or if the weather is bad, I eat some protein and do a little bit of meditative relaxation for 5 minutes.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

It happens to me too.

Supposedly 3 AM - 3 PM the thyroid is on the job, and 3 PM - 3 AM the adrenals take over. If they are weak, you feel sort of slumpy.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #8  

yep. astrophe. That is exactly what i was hinting at with the hormones. since i gained weight, my adrenals are pretty sluggish. I have been thinking about using adrenal herbs but i can't seem to get something that doesn't mess with my female hornones.

the adrenal issue is also what causes me to get a huge WAKE UP at 10 pm. If i stay up past that time, it will take all night to go to sleep. I sleep better if I get in bed by 10 pm. That doesn't happen very often.

here is a good link, i will try some suggestions. I love seaweed, and find I feel better when I eat it daily...which is interesting because it is one of the recommendations! i also love olives, i like black more than green. so it is interesting that is another recommendation. I like foods with "brine" in them too.

http://adrenalfatiguebegone.com/adre...wired-by-night

I take liquid B vitamins, and I also take the flinstones type vitamins.

I'm in Nursing School. Stress is my middle name. I really hate 3 pm-5pm. I have been falling in bed and sleeping during those times. I could be up and doing stuff and losing weight!

oh by the way, my green tea pill is liquid and is packed with vitamins and antioxidants and it REALLY helps. I feel so energized. Unlike how a coffee drink makes me feel, i could go right to sleep when it is done.

oh yeah--I think i am going to add spirulina to my repertoire. I have numerous herbs and supplements, but that is one of the ones I think my body is really missing since I stopped taking it.

this is from: http://www.natural-remedies-only.com...lfunction.html
Pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5) The best is to take some concentrated natural food containing the complete B vitamin complex such as spirulina and add extra B-5 of at least 500 mg twice a day.*** A Natural form of concentrated B vitamins such as spirulina is absorbed and used much more efficiently by the body than multi-vitamins processed and isolated by man-made processes. However, to get enough vitamin B-5, it may be necessary to take a capsule or tablet form of B-5 in addition to spirulina.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-10-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #9  

Well, after talking with my mom, i decided to go with the Ashwagandha and I bought a really good liquid multivitamin. I bought a few other supplements through Puritan.com (i take them like crazy) and it only cost me 54.85 no shipping. Not bad when I usually spend $100 or more at the herbal store.

I have used schizandra in the past, and I remember raving about it, i thought i ran out, but i didn't--i have 4 pills left. that will build me up until my Ashwagandha gets here.

adrenal fatigue is also a culprit with stubborn weight loss. So i might as well tackle that one as well!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

All the caffeine would keep me up all night!

I work in an office so a nap is out of the question for me. So around 3pm, if I can, I get outside for a quick 5-10min walk. Or I have some almonds or yogurt to give me a little boost until dinner time.
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote