Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #16  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMary2 View Post
Ugh! 185?? I don't wanna wait that long Alright, I guess it is time to really step up the cardio! I did 21 minutes of walking/jogging etc in my backyard this morning. I am going swimming this afternoon.
I am the same height as you, and at the weight you are at now, I was in an 18. When I got to 225, I was easily wearing 16s. I also lost a significant number of inches with those 10 pounds, though (4 from my waist and 3 from my hips).

Everyone's body is different. You'll get there, and soon after that, you be slipping into 14s! Good luck.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/150

Height: 5'4''

Oo I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with the itchiness on the stretch marks... they're so annoying but now at least it makes me feel like it's for a good cause! I also made the mistake of googling the tiny red dots I seem to get as a heat rash after working out on my stomach... let me just say the top three results are obviously not the correct answer and they really freaked me out until I told myself to stop relying on google for medical advice!
kylonaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I am glad to hear others have itchy stretch marks, I was thinking it might be psychological! LOL

I guess the only thing I can do it be patient and maybe only try the clothes on for every 5 pounds loss instead of 1 or 2
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #19  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Do you have any brand recommendations? I've been looking for something like this, but get overwhelmed when I see all the different brands and varying reviews. :-/

ETA: Not to mention, the prices of some of them. Yikes!
I got the idea for these on here, and I love themmmm.

I got a tank top style one from TJ Maxx that I really like. It was only around 10 dollars I think, and it totally sucks everything in. I also got a body suit style one (looks like a bathing suit) that I really like but if I wear jeans with it they fall down because it's a slippery material. That one was around 15 I think. Look for one that won't give you back fat, won't poke out of a tank top (either in the front, or the straps), and one that is REALLY tight with a thicker fabric. The thinner ones won't suck anything in lol.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #20  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

do these garments feel comfortbale? If they're a heavier fabric are they hot?
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #21  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

One is Nouvelle seamless, I'm not sure about the body suit, and I'm too lazy to dig it out of the hamper right now lol. Definitely check out TJ Maxx or Marshalls, I was pleasantly surprised. Kohls would be good too if you can get a coupon, which they send out all the time.

And they don't feel uncomfortable, I actually feel more comfortable wearing them because it flattens my stomach out a lot. And surprisingly, I don't get hot. Not noticeably at least.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #22  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

I just saw one of those skinny tanks at Walmart. I can't remember the brand name, but it was definitely a brand name, and not a knock off. I think those tanks are a great idea. I wear one on the weekends that has a built in bra that I absolutely love. I will be sad when it doesn't fit anymore.
OrganizedChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #23  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

You will be there very soon sweetie! You're on the brink & doing so good! Now ahem...stop being like obsessive me trying on the next lowest size after every single lb lost! Save your sanity while you can!!
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 179.8/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 6in

I just bought a thigh shaper from Target (Sara Blakely Assets brand, $24). I really like it and I've been wearing it pretty much every other day. And yes, it does remind you not to eat as much...
loveAcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #25  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Brown: I just bought a couple of them from Wal-mart today. The slimming camisole was $16 and the smooth shaping torsette was only $19. The brand is Sweet Nothings. Definitely go there and try some on. They have quite a selection of slimming apparel in the lingerie section.
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #26  
Slow and Steady

I saw some of the cami's this weekend at Kohl's on clearance. I only got 1 but might go back for more. The brand was Flexee's
Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #27  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

This thread reminded me of something I saw a while back. I've heard a lot of people swear by compression garments during weight loss, and I've considered trying them. Couldn't hurt, right?

I've read to wear one like this to sleep in (latex)

****pics aren't showing up- this link is to a lingerie store:
http://www.flirtylingerie.com/latex-...shapewear.html

and something like this for around the house and working out:

http://www.flirtylingerie.com/mid-calf-body-shaper.html

Last edited by roxmysox; 07-11-2010 at 11:39 PM.
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #28  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have heard that we lose weight in reverse order of the way we gained it. I don't know how true that is, but it seems like maybe it is, at least for me. I know the weight piled onto my rear end the last 50 pounds or so. My waist was the last affected area and it was the first to return to normal. Now my legs are a different story. They're what keep me from smaller sizes. My thighs don't fit into the size I'd like to wear. Yuck! Got a girdle for that?

I guess my point is patience. I can't imagine I'll weigh 135 pounds with obnoxious thighs. It'll come off there too. And by the way, I do three days of spinning, three days of running and daily walks of 5+ miles not to mention heavy strength training three days a week. My legs get a workout! You can not "spot treat".
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #29  
Slow and Steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
And by the way, I do three days of spinning, three days of running and daily walks of 5+ miles not to mention heavy strength training three days a week. My legs get a workout! You can not "spot treat".
Just out of curiosity. How much time does that end up being daily that you spend working out? I spend about 45 minutes to 1 hour daily and I just can't fit anymore in most days because of my schedule, and I was curious how others fit it all in.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #30  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos View Post
Just out of curiosity. How much time does that end up being daily that you spend working out? I spend about 45 minutes to 1 hour daily and I just can't fit anymore in most days because of my schedule, and I was curious how others fit it all in.
I work in the schools and am home for the Summer. That's how I fit it into my schedule. I'm at the gym by 5:30.

M/W/F Spin 45 minutes, evenings walk 3-5 miles (or mid-day activities like amusement park or bike rides with the kids).

T/TH I run for about 45 minutes then get in an hour of lifting. I'm generally back home by about 7:30 AM. Afternoons/evenings same as above.

Saturday: 1/2 hour with personal trainer, 1 hour body plus abs class, 1 hour spin class, and the rest of the day is come what may.

Sunday: Much needed rest.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote