Tale of the Scale - Weird!

• Okay so I have been really disgusted with my scale (ok maybe really with mytself) but I swear I didn't do anything to it! But this morning STRANGENESS! I got up and got on to weigh myself and it was alternating between blank and flashing ------ dotted lines. Thought "that's weird" so I look around and find a little black foot pad thingy and a spring on the floor in the bathroom! Turn the scale over and sure enough spot on the bottom where those things are missing! Broken off and the scale won't sit level! Yesterday I didn't move it, no one else was in my bathroom, nothing! So I guess I am off to the store for a new scale today - didn't like that one too much anyway! LOL!
  • Sounds like a case of scale suicide. That, or you have gremlins. *nod*
  • Okay I just ordered a new one from Amazon that had really excellent reviews! Plus I am trying to get out of my weighing multiple times a day habit so ordering it online will make me wait for my next weigh in! No more head games!
  • I like to weigh myself every day for accountability, but a bad scale can just ruin it for you. I almost want to bring mine to Prince George when we go there for a couple days. I don't know how accurate my fiance's parents scale is, and I like to weight naked and theirs is in the basement.

Congrats on the new scale though! I wonder how long the other one was not working properlly.
  • Which one did you order on Amazon? My scale is being flaky too .
  • You have a few days so now is the time to mentally prepare yourself for the new scale. Because your old one was flacky, you will probably find the new one gives you a different weights. Make sure you prepare yourself for it to be higher than what your old scale was reading. (if its lower, bonus, but prepare for the worst).

Remember, its the overall progress in the end that matters. So if you start off a little higher with the new scale, don't look at it as set back. You've still come a long way.
  • Firefliesandpixies - the scale I order was this one: "EatSmart™ Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology"
    Health and Beauty; $28.95. Reviews were great and it qualified for Amazon free-shipping. One of the most common comments was that it didn't give you different weights every time you stepped on it. That was a problem with my old Taylor.
    The same company makes a food scale that got excellent reviews and I am considering that once I check out the scale.