Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #1  

Default Staying on course when major stressors arise?

Since April 19th I have been eating healthier but I have "fallen off the wagon" so to speak several times but have not given up. I've had some major stressors in the last 4-5 weeks. There has been 2 deaths, family sickness and major dislike with my job. I know life throws all this at you and more but how do you keep on track. I want to keep on track but food is a major stress reliever for me which I know is just pretty much like using drugs or alcohol, so I know it makes no since to overeat/binge but when I have pretty major stress that is what I turn to.

I guess my question is when a major stressor comes up in your life what in your mind triggers you to stay on track.? I guess I am looking for a magic bullet that will keep me from turning to food turning these stressful times but any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks Alot,

Bonnie
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #2  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Sorry to hear about the stress
For myself, most of my diet has been done while going through an extremely trying time with my son (severe anxiety disorder, homeschooling and much more). I was able to stay on track because when everything crazy was happening around me, my diet and exercise routine were the only normal thing I could reply on. It really kept me sane and grounded because it was the only stable thing happening at the time. I turned it into a comfort of sorts. I don't know if that is helpful to you or not but it got me through some pretty bad times
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

My husband tends not to eat when stressed and I'm the opposite. I turn to food -- often a lot!

I don't know that I have a magic bullet, but I do know that when I can make myself exercise, I feel both less stressed, and less guilt, as I haven't overeaten!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote