3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I kicked that popcorns behind! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/206035-i-kicked-popcorns-behind.html)

successfulhannah 07-01-2010 11:45 AM

I kicked that popcorns behind!

So last night I went to see Eclipse with my mom and husband! Of course they wanted popcorn. The problem was I sat in the middle of them and both of them wanted popcorn. We'll after them reaching back and forth for the bucket a million times I decided to take control and hold it on my lap, so I would not be disturbed (I love twilight movies :love:). The whole entire time I held the bucket of popcorn NOT ONCE did I ever attempt to EAT IT. Don't get me wrong I wanted to, It smelled so great! But my will power to say no was alot stronger. I was so proud of myself!!!!!!!!!:D About 15 minutes after the movie started my mom leaned over and said is holding that popcorn killing you? If so I will take it. I told her no I was fine! And truthfully I was it did not bother me one bit to hold that bucket of popcorn. That is a victory for me because before I would have ate the whole bucket lol:o. but not the new and improved me! I'm so proud of myself I just can't get over it!!!! :cloud9: Does anyone else have any victories they would like to share I would LOVE to hear them!

jennyplain 07-01-2010 11:47 AM

Yay for you! I did something similar pretty recently. I went to see a movie with my friend and her boyfriend. They ordered those little chocolate covered ice cream ball things, and I ordered a coke zero. She kept offering them to me, and I kept turning them down. In the end, I just didn't want them that badly!

Beach Patrol 07-01-2010 11:47 AM

WOO HOOOOO!!!! :woohoo:

That IS a major accomplishment!!!! :bravo:

I'm not sure I could do that! VERY WELL DONE!!!!:congrat:

westernsoutherngirl 07-01-2010 12:30 PM

You did an amazing job! I went to the movies yesterday and was so proud of myself for not eating popcorn too! But that was nothing compared to having to hold it for two other people who were eating it! You should give yourself a huge pat on the back!

pinkflower 07-01-2010 12:39 PM

that is huge! I have to work on being mindful like that too!

TXMary2 07-01-2010 12:44 PM

Awesome!!!! That may have made me crazy and that's why I bring my own airpopped popcorn with sea salt.

bunnythesAINT 07-01-2010 01:25 PM

Ha, I went to see Eclipse last night, too. I was going to get a diet soda or something to drink but my ride was really late and we got to the movie just before it started. That's not really a victory but I suppose it's better I just didn't go near all the trigger foods. But good for you! You showed that popcorn!

Onederchic 07-01-2010 01:35 PM

That is fantastic!!

dewdrop1970 07-01-2010 02:03 PM

WOW!!

Thanks for the inspiration! We plan to go to the movies this weekend and movie theater popcorn (with "butter" topping) is my weakness!

I will be thinking of your experience and hoping it helps me step away from the popcorn!

kendra 07-02-2010 01:17 AM

Good Job! This is a great accomplishment!

steph15 07-02-2010 01:29 AM

Good for you! I absolutely love the movie theater popcorn. That would be a tough one for me.

Kimberly7467 07-02-2010 01:56 AM

That's an awesome NSV! I think it's important to realize that certain events don't have to revolve around food. A person goes to a movie theater to see a movie but food is somehow always expected to enter into the equation. I think it's great that you were able to enjoy the movie without the popcorn! :)

GoldenLeaf 07-02-2010 05:15 AM

You've done well. :) I usually watch movies alone and never ever get drinks or popcorn or anything else to eat when I do that. As soon as I go with someone they usually want popcorn and I struggle with having none (I usually have a bite... then some more.. then some more...aaarrrgghh! lol) so I'm full of admiration. Maybe holding it is indeed a good strategy.

ETA I'm also of the Twihard variety ;)

MonteCristo 07-02-2010 09:03 AM

Congrats on your victory! Personally I hate popcorn and the smell makes me gag, but I know that I'm weird...I'll just imagine you held a bag of twizzlers and didn't eat any...wow! You are amazing!!! :D

successfulhannah 07-02-2010 11:31 AM

Thanks everyone that made me feel great!! Glad I could share this accomplishement with you! And thank you for sharing yours! :D