Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2010, 02:18 AM   #1  
Oh, you stubborn Viking!

S/C/G: 342/SEE TICKER/192

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Angry Where, oh where did my fierce determination go?

When I started my journey, I was so damn motivated! Working out 5 or 6 days a week, eating so carefully, excited for every change in my body. Fast forward to just under 3 months later. It seems like once I hot 50 pounds I just kind of got lazy! I'm still mindful of what I put in my mouth, but I keep giving myself outs..."oh well, you had this before a lost weight" or "just this once won't hurt anything..." I've basically been slacking this past week. And I need to stop! I still have so far to go, and I'm just a little burnt out. And dammit, beer and nachos are delicious, lol! But I just need to get my steeled resolve back! No more excuses! No more cheating! No more rationalizing! I want to get to 272 by September 12th. I can do it. I just need to be strong.
LacieRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #2  
Speechless and Redundant

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I feel almost exactly the same way! I just hit 50 pounds gone, and now that I'm soooo close to being a normal bmi, my motivation is lacking. I'm petrified that I'm gonna fall off the wagon, resume my old habits and gain it all back. ARRRGH!!! why is it so easy to gain weight but such a huge job to lose it!? I guess we just gotta suck it up, sister. Good luck though
clickit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #3  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

I can relate to this, even the exact way you worded it, "fierce determination" was the way I felt and what I felt I had. I hit some important milestones that I hadn't seen in years, and was feeling so good. And then I binged, and have been waffling around since then, trying to get my mojo back and figure out how to keep going without continuing to get off track or get stuck.

So, I feel your pain. It sounds like you have already recommitted, which is great! You can do it!

Last edited by skygirl; 08-07-2010 at 04:23 PM.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

If you're burnt out just take it easy for a while, just don't go as hard. I was like that for a few weeks, too, I didn't exercise as much but I still watched what I ate. Now I'm back on the full track but I really needed that rest for a while!
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I totally understand what you're going through. For me, my motivation has stalled because I have been working my butt off for two months and have only lost 3lbs, and that just doesn't seem like anything at all! But it's a process, a lifestyle change, so if we just don't beat ourselves up too bad for slacking off and get back on track, everything will be great. Good luck
Lilstarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #6  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

I started having the same experience this weekend - and I have only lost 12 lbs.!!!!!

I kept rationalizing eating more and more until last night - I felt sick!!!!!

Today, I am back on program - and I am determined to not to continue with this slacking off. I have far too long to go to lose my momentum now!!!!

50 lbs. is a lot and I can certainly understand how you can get tired of constantly working on the weight. Hang in there - I am cheering you on to meet your September goal!!!!!

Last edited by doingmybest; 08-09-2010 at 12:46 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #7  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I am there with you. Haven't been able to stick with it very long this go around...I don't know what's wrong with me! :P I keep trying to pick myself up, and force myself to go through my routines.
The way I keep trying to look at it is, its not always the funnest thing to brush your teeth, floss, and wash your face at night. But if you just keep forcing yourself to do it, it will be habit eventually. Like food and exercise. I just keep talking myself into exercising, and eating stuff that maybe I'm getting sick of.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200+/151/125

Height: 5'7"

I'm sort of going through the same thing! When 40 pounds were off, my weight loss slowed a lot, so I wasn't seeing results all the time. I managed to lose 12 pounds over the summer, but it seems like it's taking me forever to get out of the 150's! Good luck, you can slack a week and totally get back on track!
bellona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/183/165

Height: 5'10

Ooooh, can I ever relate to this. You completely nailed how I feel. My weight loss has slowed down, and I feel like I'm putting in work and just spinning my tires. And I have been rationalising eating things I normally wouldn't (beer and nachos? You got it sister!) more often than I used to.

Fierce determination. I like that. We're getting it back, because we're determined to!!
funnycanadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

180 is my magic number for doing this exact thing. It never mattered how much weight I had to lose to get to 180, once I hit that number, I got lazy about it (and usually ended up gaining the weight back.) You probably are just burnt out, I know I always was. If you feel you have the motivation to get back to the way you were doing things before, great! Keep pushing! But sometimes people just need a little bit of a break, so if you want to, just take it easy on yourself for awhile if you want. Don't necessarily go off plan but maybe go into maintenance mode? Just for a bit, and then you can kick it back into high gear. I ended up doing that a few pounds ago because I was just over everything, and not stressing the weight loss felt great, and now at 180 I feel ready to tackle everything all over again with the same zest I had in the first place, rather than slowing down.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote