Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #76  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacebunny View Post
I have so many craving that they won't fit in this box so I just focus on just the one....LOSE WEIGHT....You ARE WORTH it!...This is me talking to me...LOSE WEIGHT....You ARE WORTH it
Peacebunny, I really like this postive self-talk! And I know what you mean on the cupcakes and peanut butter cups, a real weakness of mine too.

Duckchick, you look like you're moving right along, which is awesome!

I've been having some difficulty since I fell off the wagon with a binge, so I'm going to try to get through tomorrow totally on plan for nutrition and exercise, and see if I can get back on track.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #77  
Crazy Cat Woman

S/C/G: 284/274/165

Height: 5' 4"

You can do it! Just focus on how great you'll feel when you start to actually SEE results! And listen to music! Music really helps me!

EDIT: Ok, this sucks and is weird. I was just eating my lunch (my tuna and lettuce wraps!) and sipping my green tea when , out of nowhere, my hands grabbed for my almond granola bars in my snack stash. I proceeded to gobble down 3 in a row!

I'm not sure what's up with me, I had 3 wraps, 2 I ate at my first break, and one I was eating for lunch with some pita chips and hummus. I know it's just a slip, but I'm upset because I almost didn't realize it was happening until I was wolfing them down. Am I in denial over something? I know all day today, from the time I arrived hom from work in the morning to the time I reported back into work, up to now, I've been craving...I'm not sure what, I just have this desire to EAT! To stuff things in my mouth. I usually blithely ignore these urges, but perhaps I should start paying attention to what or when I'm eating? Or maybe this is a consequence of night shift....I do tend to eat more now than when I was on days.

Hmm...

Last edited by duckchick; 08-11-2010 at 04:47 AM.
duckchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 263/259/163

Height: 5 '9'

Duckgirl and skygirl....

I am making strides but they are slow...oh so slow. I have not yet started my excercise regimen becuase I have been getting off late from work for 2 weeks now...12 hour days and I am just worn out when I get home...so I sleep when I get home. I have however, cut down my food intake for day and have actually faced my scale only to find out in awesome surprise that the number has changed since 2 months ago. Pleasantly it was down 12 pounds and it spurred me to make changes in my daily diet. Here's to hoping that I stick at it. However my mind still wanders to candy and all its devious goodness that I miss.
peacebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #79  
Muscle Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckchick View Post
You can do it! Just focus on how great you'll feel when you start to actually SEE results!
Thanks Duckchick! Yes, I hope to get back to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckchick View Post
I usually blithely ignore these urges, but perhaps I should start paying attention to what or when I'm eating? Or maybe this is a consequence of night shift....I do tend to eat more now than when I was on days.
Yes, I'm doing the same, trying to figure out if my cravings go into overdrive at certain times, taking into consideration hormonal changes too. I think I may see a pattern emerging for me.

Anyway, you can get right back on plan! The sooner the better so that the whole cravings thing doesn't take over. And if you're finding that the night shift throws you off, is there any chance of getting back on days?

Peacebunny, I've read on this site that weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise, so it is possible to lose through diet even if your schedule doesn't allow you time to exercise at the moment. Congrats on losing the 12 pounds!

I didn't get back on plan today. Had to figure out a new plan of attack for my nutritional staples since the cafe/deli/bistro place where I ususally get my precooked chicken fish veggies etc completely changed the menu to versions that may not work for me. So I'm having to work around that and try to figure out some cooking options. I will try again tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #80  
Crazy Cat Woman

Thanks, Skygirl! I think it's almost TOM. That's always made me want to EAT!! Plus, I've been trying so hard to eat healthy that it's all been quick and cold stuff. I'm craving a hot meal! I understood this when I got home in the morning and fixed myself a bowl of my mom's leftover tortilla soup (without chips). Just the warmth of the dish felt soothing and wonderful, and satisfying!! I'm going to try and find new recipes that are healthy hot meals in addition to my recent healthy cold meals. All in the name of nutrition! And don't worry! You'll find a perfect lunch alternative, be it some take out from another p-lace, or a recipe you invent yourself! Then you'll be easing on down the road again, lol!

How are ya, Peacebunny? 12 pounds is a wonderful discovery, you go, girl!! Yeah, candy is always a sinful treat, but lately the sweet snacks I've found on the cooking sites I surf have curtailed the cravings quite nicely for me. Sweet is sweet, and getting your dose of sweet is sometimes enough to banish the desire for the bad sweets.

Good luck to all of us, ladies!!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #81  
Crazy Cat Woman

I was right...it TOM!

What a weekend! I hope the week turns out better. How's everyone else?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 263/259/163

Height: 5 '9'

Duckchick and Skygirl,

I am doing well and I am staying the course and trying to avoid the pitfalls of giving in to my cravings. Still its a battle but I'm fighting to hang in there. I am trying to figure out how to add more veggies to my diet so if you guys have some ideas on how to incorporate some practical but delicious veggies into my diet then let me know...
peacebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #83  

You ladies are very inspiring. I have had a rough day and have been lurking around this website for inspiration and it has definitely turned my mood around. It's been a good day for exercise/nutrition but other issues have got me down, meaning I want nothing more than to turn to my best friend, the Brownie Sundae. I try to justify it because I had a crazy work out this morning (end stages of C25K and also P90X) but I know that it's terrible for me and it's unacceptable to eat it. But still I can't stop thinking about it!

Needless to say, it's nice to know I'm not alone on the mental issues of weight loss, my own brain seems to be my worst enemy.

Hope you all are having a successful day, and if not, that tomorrow is wonderful for you
Allowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 AM   #84  
Crazy Cat Woman

Ladies! Hello!!

Allowatt, this is what I battle as well. The wanting of it! I would say, to combat it, have something that's sweet and healthy. Lately, when I'm thinking of caving in to mr. chocolate cake, I go to my stand by breakfast shake, which I'll actually drink anytime as a meal. I posted it a page or 2 back (and all over this forum, really, lol!), but I'm happy to post it again!

1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen cherries
1 cup milk, water or vanilla almondmilk (I'm lactose intolerant)
2 tbsp protein powder
2 tbsp hemp seeds (excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids)
2tbsp raw chocolate or cocoa (the best part!)

Toss all ingredients into a blender and blend. You can skip the protein powder and hemp seeds, too, if you just want a yummy, healthy shake. It's absolutely delicious and takes the edge off of any cravings I get for sweets! Try it!

If you're not a shake person, how about oatmeal? I found a recipe called "Brownie Batter in a Bowl" off of a vegan website. I'm not vegan, but I love this stuff!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/200...rownie-batter/

She references alot of her older posts, but she does have some tasty snack ideas! Or maybe you could surf the web for sweet snack ideas that are a healthy alternative to the brownie sundae? There's lots of ways to combat your cravings without depriving yourself and feeling cheated. Whenever I'm craving something badly, I find myself on a slippery slope! Combat the slippery slope!

If there's anything I can help with, please let me know!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #85  
Crazy Cat Woman

I've lost a bit more! Yay!!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:29 AM   #86  
Crazy Cat Woman

Well, I'm feeling pretty good, holding steady at my weight and trying to continue healthy eating habits. Got this idea today to roast my own red peppers for red pepper hummus. Might be interesting! I'll let ya'll know. My brekfast this morning was really awesome. I had some flaxseed/oat bran/ soybean cereal sweetened with half a chopped banana and a tablespoon of cocoa. I think next time I'll make it with vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, and a bit of vanilla. Yum!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #87  
Muscle Memory

Well I obviously fell so far off the wagon that it got to the point where I couldn't even see that there was a wagon any more. Now I'm searching through the fog to find my way back.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting regularly. I'm going to make an effort to post more.

I'm targeting Sunday as the day that I am going to begin again. I know this goes against the popluar/conventional wisdom that we should "start now," but for me I am having to ramp up and find strength again, so that's the best I can do.

I don't want to make promises that I'm not sure I can keep, but I am going to do what I can, when I can, and try to let that be what it is, which is something. I'm going to try to let that be enough.

Duckchick, congrats on all of your progress! I am very happy for you!

Peacebunny, I hope you are doing well!

I hope everyone is finding health and happiness! And I hope that includes me too.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:20 AM   #88  
Crazy Cat Woman

Hey, great to see you! I've been kinda busy myself, and haven't had time to post. I'm sorry things got tough, but you're not quitting! That's the important thing!

I've held steady and haven't lost anymore. In fact, I had a treat day last weekend and gained back 5 pounds! It was water or sodium, but still. I'm back on thrack, though, and feeling pretty good more than anything. That's what I want even more than to lose weight; to feel GOOD!

Good luck to both of us!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #89  
Muscle Memory

Ok. Today is the day. I'm ready. I will be on plan for nutrition and exercise all day today. I will come back later to edit this post to update and confirm that I made it through the day. Period.

ETA: I made it through the day on plan.

Last edited by skygirl; 09-23-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #90  
Muscle Memory

I made it through the day on plan.

Duckchick, nice to see you, too. I hope you are doing well!