Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

The way my body feels when working out and getting fit is probably the number one. When I slack off on working out, I feel it in aches and pains in the body. Muscle soreness and overall fatigue. Granted, I'm tired and sore from exercise - but its a different tired and sore. Its a feel good tired and sore.

Another benefit is being able to keep up with my teenage son who is very physically active. (well, I can't keep up with him - but I impress the heck out of his friends with my abilities, as there aren't many other moms that can do what I do).

And with my most recent renewal of exercise and diet - seeing progress. This weekend I was able to climb out of the boat after diving and pull myself up to standing with full gear on and in ruff seas. The dives earlier this season, I didn't try to stand, just crawled on my knees into the boat.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I continue to workout because I see the results & I like them. It's so much easier running up & down stairs and getting up off the floor.

It also helps keep my eating in check. If I work out, I'm likely to eat better during the day rather than "wasting" the workout. The days I don't exercise, I tend to be more of a "grazer" and while not eating horribly, it's not as in line as I know it should be.
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #18  
RJS

S/C/G: 225/125/maintaining

Height: 5'3"

Exercise keeps my weight under control. I'm small, so if I didn't exercise my daily calories would be a very low number. With exercise, it's much easier to stay on plan because I have a little wiggle room.

I also exercise because of how much it improves my moods. My husband has learned this too. When he says "Why don't you stay out and run an extra mile today" it isn't because I'm gaining weight. It's because I'm being .... grouchy, to put it politely

Last edited by RJS; 06-28-2010 at 02:25 PM.
RJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS View Post
Exercise keeps my weight under control. I'm small, so if I didn't exercise my daily calories would be a very low number. With exercise, it's much easier to stay on plan because I have a little wiggle room.

I also exercise because of how much it improves my moods. My husband has learned this too. When he says "Why don't you stay out and run an extra mile today" it isn't because I'm gaining weight. It's because I'm being .... grouchy, to put it politely
This is so true... I get pretty grouchy and moody when I don't exercise.

I workout to get those endorphins!
LauraLoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #20  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

It makes me feel better and it is helping my health and body.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #21  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

So I can EAT.

I'm only halfway joking.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 302/199/180

Height: 5' 6"

I exercise because I feel like no matter how clean and on plan I eat, I have a limited amount of control over how fast I lose weight. Exercise helps keep me from getting obsessed with and frustrated with the scale. Instead I can obsess over how far and fast I can run and bike, how many push ups I can do, etc. And I feel I have more control over those things. If I work hard, I will improve.

I also exercise because it is good for my head. I'm bipolar and while the medications I take are necessary and fairly effective, I still have mood swings and anxiety to deal with. My mood has been much more stable since I started exercising and I've been able to manage my anxiety much better.
Desert Agave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #23  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pants View Post
So I can EAT.

I'm only halfway joking.
LOL That is a GREAT reason and I agree with it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #24  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I agree with a lot of what has been posted.

I also like that exercising creates ability/transferability. I bike lots, lift weights, swim some, run a little, etc. However, I know that if I decide that I want to do something different - say, kayaking, which I've never done - I'll be able to do it physically. What confidence that creates!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #25  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

It makes me feel so much better physically and mentally. I love the way my body feels after a workout and I feel like I've accomplished something great.lol. It gives me so much energy and stamina. I love that I am becoming more flexible and when I see new muscle definition that I haven't seen in awhile, I get really excited and that definitely keeps me pumping harder.
When I don't exercise, my body feels sluggish and I don't like that feeling. It reminds me of being back to 293 lbs and I don't want to have those feelings again.lol
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

theres a guy at the gym that i hope to see everyday that i go ahahah but really though i enjoy it because it passes time for me and at the end of my workout i go into the sauna and just sit there and it feels so relax then i go home and shower then sleep sounds good doesn't it? lol it is good!

Last edited by cheerios; 06-28-2010 at 11:54 PM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Why! DO I EXERCISE?????

i"m DARN IF i KNOW LOL BUT I is still breathing , and that's always a good sign huh?
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Going to the gym everyday keeps my mind in the right place as far as eating healthy goes. Seeing myself in the mirrors reminds me how far I have come and that I do not want to go back. I have a tendency to live inside my head and forgot all about my body so working out reminds me how important this journey has been for me and that I want to stay on it.

Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 170/156/135ish

Height: 5'5"

My play/social activity is ultimate frisbee. I exercise so I can be a better ultimate player and play as well in the last game of a two-day tournament as I did in the first.
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #30  
On the trip to a new me!

S/C/G: 276/*see ticker*/160

Height: 5'6

1) It makes me feel better
2) I sleep so much better
3) My clothes are falling off of me ++
4) I have tons more energy now
5) I used to hate it now I love it lol
successfulhannah is offline   Reply With Quote