Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #1  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default Accountibility, I took the weekend "off"

I feel like I needed to share that I took the weekend off from my diet. I have had some treats all along but this is the first time I have taken entire days off and ate what I wished without counting. I have been at a plateau for a few weeks and after becoming so frustrated, I decided to try the old trick of eating large for two days then dropping my calories down. This may be a bad idea and I could regret it If I am honest with myself, this was not the only reason. I guess after six months, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with feeling deprived and lately I have felt like slipping up but I didn't give in. I keep reminding myself that I am getting close to goal and any weight loss will show much easier now. I am so afraid of throwing it all away, as I have never stuck with anything hard this long before.

This weekend was a celebration for my 9th wedding anniversary. I don't feel I did horribly, It could have been worse! Possibly around 2000 - 2300 calories yesterday and about 1800 today. I did opt for Subway last night in place of the KFC that I have been craving for months (it used to be my junk of choice). I wanted to make my "free dinner" count but I didn't want to be sick from grease either. There was one apple fritter donut involved LOL, a bit of chocolate and some cheese. Today we had a picnic with a couple treats. I promise myself that I will be back on track tomorrow. This means dropping my calories to 1300 to 1450 range (was 1400- 1550), getting back on track with my Dr. Beck six week program, and exercising more often. I needed to come here and be accountable I still have this little nagging voice that I am scared I am going to slack off or screw it up somehow. Thanks for listening
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Happy anniversary!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

It's like going on vacation from your diet

I did that today, it felt nice. I feel good about going back to my diet tomorrow though, I have some goals to meet
Though I don't do it very often, maybe once every two or three weeks.

Last edited by StephanieM; 06-27-2010 at 08:53 PM.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

This weekend was my anniversary too! In addition we had some other reasons to celebrate and we were out of town for 3 days and without giving you all the gory details let just say I was less than perfect. At first it caused me all sorts of guilt and anxiety, but I just accepted it and my running shoes are ready to go for tommorow and my lunch is packed. I'm ready to be back on plan first thing tomorrow morning. As long as these little vacations always lead back to real life the damage can be minimal, but we have to make sure were back on track as soon as possible. I never allow a vacation to be an excuse to fall off plan for any extended period of time. I will say that while I was not a saint this weekend, my choices were much different than in the past and things I considered treats now would have been health food to me before.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #5  
I am worth it

Thanks for the relies everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
This weekend was my anniversary too! In addition we had some other reasons to celebrate and we were out of town for 3 days and without giving you all the gory details let just say I was less than perfect. At first it caused me all sorts of guilt and anxiety, but I just accepted it and my running shoes are ready to go for tommorow and my lunch is packed. I'm ready to be back on plan first thing tomorrow morning. As long as these little vacations always lead back to real life the damage can be minimal, but we have to make sure were back on track as soon as possible. I never allow a vacation to be an excuse to fall off plan for any extended period of time. I will say that while I was not a saint this weekend, my choices were much different than in the past and things I considered treats now would have been health food to me before.
Your post makes me feel better about my "failure" this weekend. Thanks for the insight, I needed that. I am back on plan again too after really overdoing it last night. It was not a proud moment and the scale is not liking me today. The measuring spoons, scale and exercise equipment are all waiting for me today and I intend to use them.
Thanks again
Old 06-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnlow28 View Post
Thanks for the relies everyone

Your post makes me feel better about my "failure" this weekend. Thanks for the insight, I needed that. I am back on plan again too after really overdoing it last night. It was not a proud moment and the scale is not liking me today. The measuring spoons, scale and exercise equipment are all waiting for me today and I intend to use them.
Thanks again
Today probably won't be that difficult to stay on plan...it's the 2nd and 3rd day when the withdrawal from the sugar/carbs totally kick in that will be very hard to deal with.

I know for me when I have a weekend bender come Monday morning the scale is usually terrible. It scares the **** out of me and I'm a perfect angel that day, but by Tuesday at least 1/2 the extra pounds are gone and the sugar craving are at their worst. It sometimes takes an act of God to keep me from saying WTF. In the past I would cave, but now I know that I'll be right back to where I started from if I don't stick to my plan like glue until every single extra pound is gone. I have found that it really isn't worth the pain and agnoy, so I try to keep the free for alls under strict control...only for the most special occasions.

Hang in there this week, it will be a hard one.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #7  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Last weekend, I went on a full-blown binge blowout over 4 days. It was bad. I ate until I was sick. And with water and weight gain, the scale said 138- 10 pound gain. Yikes.

This weekend, I decided that instead of having a mega binge, I would incorporate samples of treats into my plan. Over the course of the weekend, I had small portions of hummus, 3 fully loaded nacho chips (cheese, sour cream, the whole 9 yards), 1/2 cupcake, 1/2 spring roll, and 3 spoonfuls of potato salad. Most of these treats I shared with other people.

This morning, the scale said 128.5

I had no idea how much fun having two bites of something could be. I guess the hard part is stopping at two bites, but luckily my friends scarfed down the rest of the food.

And the
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #8  
I am worth it

That is the bets way for me too Motivated Chickie. All along I have been having treats in small doses like you do. This is the first all out binge in six months. Bad idea LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Today probably won't be that difficult to stay on plan...it's the 2nd and 3rd day when the withdrawal from the sugar/carbs totally kick in that will be very hard to deal with.

I know for me when I have a weekend bender come Monday morning the scale is usually terrible. It scares the **** out of me and I'm a perfect angel that day, but by Tuesday at least 1/2 the extra pounds are gone and the sugar craving are at their worst. It sometimes takes an act of God to keep me from saying WTF. In the past I would cave, but now I know that I'll be right back to where I started from if I don't stick to my plan like glue until every single extra pound is gone. I have found that it really isn't worth the pain and agnoy, so I try to keep the free for alls under strict control...only for the most special occasions.

Hang in there this week, it will be a hard one.
Ohhh, I never even though about a sugar withdrawal TOM is around the corner too. I may have a couple rough days ahead but I am determined to stick with it. I felt pretty crappy last night after eating so much. I wish I could take it back. That free weekend didn't seem so fun after all, even though that donut and chicken bacon sub did taste really good LOL