3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   One step forward, two steps back... now... to step forward again. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/205703-one-step-forward-two-steps-back-now-step-forward-again.html)

Serbrider 06-27-2010 07:33 PM

One step forward, two steps back... now... to step forward again.

Ok... so... I took a week off. I didn't WANT to... but... well... no choice. I was at camp... and I had to eat the camp food. Nothing else was available.

And... guess what? ALL of the camp food was calorie dense stuff, things that were EXTREMELY high in sodium (there were quite a few things I just refused to eat because they were SO salty), and then... lots of sugar.

I tried so hard to avoid stuffing my face. I did eat things... and I'm pretty sure I exercised off most of it. Not all... DEFINATELY not all... but... you had two hours of rec. No... you weren't moving the ENTIRE time... but if you weren't carrying someone on your back or trying to run after balls in the water or lobbing balls at the other team... you were walking in the hot sun (rec was from 12:30 to 2:30) from one game to another.

Plus... you had to walk five minutes to get to your team group area... five minutes back, all on hilly terrain with lots of rocks.

And then there was a 30 minute hike up a mountain and back. So... I was still moving the whole time...

But... because I ate... well... for lack of a better word... crap... I'm up. I weighed the day I got back. 216.2. Weighed this morning. 212.4 (and I was at a wedding yesterday, so there was food there too). And I'll see what I am tomorrow. Not too bad all things considered. In my opinion at least.

I just spent the past three hours arranging my new room. I am going to be living with my grandparents for this upcoming year... and I went straight from camp to here. So yeah. My room is pretty much all arranged... I just have some little decorating things here and there (like go buy myself a new comforter... not a fan of quilts, which is what's on the bed right now, and go print out some pictures I took of my dog, and frame them for the wall, and a few other things).

So... yeah. Not sure what I'm going to do now. I might turn on the Billy Blanks Tae-Bo. The next two weeks there's almost nothing planned... which means it can be two weeks of exercise butt-kicking boot camp. I'll do C25K with my dog (and this is up and down hills and through thick grass), work on my pushups and sit-ups... and... I dunno... just try new exercises. There's almost NOTHING to do out here besides read, sit on the computer, go outside, and watch TV... so... I'll just add another one: exercise.

:p

So yeah. :)

Wish I didn't pig out this past week (well... I didn't ever binge)... but... it was either eat the food provided... or starve. And I chose the former. ;)

Oh... if anyone has a website with little exercise demonstrations... that'd be awesome. Anything to occupy my time!!! :D

bunnythesAINT 06-27-2010 08:32 PM

Okay first have fun shopping! I love getting new things to decorate my room, it's more fun than clothes shopping sometimes (to me)!
Anyway I hope you also had fun at camp, I use to hate going but when I got there it was like a blast.
And I don't know if this counts but like youtube has some exercise demonstration things? So maybe check out there. When I first started I searched around for some different websites but I didn't find very many that were free.

Onederchic 06-27-2010 08:37 PM

Good for you to get back on track and not let this hold you down. Seems to me you did the best you could with what you had so it is a NSV for you in my opinion. I am sure not everyone would have had the strength to not eat a lot of sugary junk (me included :D).

Serbrider 06-27-2010 09:02 PM

Haha... I don't consider it strength that I avoided quite a few of the sugary treats. More like a desire to avoid stomach issues (I now carry Pepto Bismol everywhere I go... it sucks). Fruit juice makes me throw up. Sugary sweets give me diahrea and MAJOR heartburn. Red meat (especially meat with a ton of fat on it) also gives me diahrea.

I used to ignore most of these things... because I liked the food. And... after two or three weeks on that kind of "diet", I'd be fine. But now that I've been eating healthier... one small piece of cake and I feel like throwing up, with major heartburn, headaches (light headedness), etc.

So yeah... :p For me it's not quite "strength", more like a strong desire to not take medicine and be running to the bathroom every thirty minutes. ;)

But yeah... thanks guys. :D

ninepaw 06-28-2010 05:47 AM

I know I've seen a few excercise things on Hulu, also! Just a thought. ;)
Even though your avoidance of sugar and such is mostly due to bathroom issues, it's still progress that you opt *not* to partake! You said yourself that you used to just eat it anyway because you liked the food... And sure, now your tolerance is way lower than it used to be, but that alone shows that you cared and thought about it enough to get yourself out of the habit! That's great!

Welcome back to the wagon. :grouphug: We hope you had fun at camp. Not get your butt back in gear! :lol: