I am reading and starting The Best Life by Bob Greene (Oprah's guy). It seems like such a wonderful long term/lifestyle that I can actually do! There are 3 phases to it. Here's Phase 1 that lasts at least 4 weeks:
1. Eat 3 meals a day and at least 1 snack.
2. Drink 6 - 8oz glasses of water a day.
3. Avoid alcohol for Phase 1.
4. Take a multivitamin.
5. Increase your activity level.
6. Stop eating 2 hours before you go to bed.
7. Cut out 6 problematic food areas (high fat dairy, trans fats, fried foods, soda, white bread, regular pasta)
The purpose of Phase 1 is to prime your body's metabolism. The book talks a lot about how your body loses weight, your metabolism, etc. A lot of things I didn't really know about.
You're only supposed to weigh at the beginning of phase 1 and then 4 weeks later to determine your progress. THAT will be SUPER hard for me. Along with not munching on sweets throughout the day and stopping 2 hours before bed. But last night was my first night in a super long time to not eat anything sweet before I went to bed. I honestly didn't think I could do it and doubt being able to tonight.
I want this so incredibly bad just for health's sake and to LIVE MY BEST LIFE now! I loved something the book said about loving living life NOW! I don't have to wait till I lose 60 pounds!