Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #16  

Height: 5'11"

Think about it...is that few minutes of eating something that tastes good worth how bad you are going to feel afterwards?

I was dieting last fall, and refused to fall off the wagon. I went to my sister's wedding and was practically begged to eat a piece of wedding cake. While it was tough as ****, I refused to eat any. I made up in my mind that a couple minutes of pleasure was not worth it. You only taste the food for a couple of second before you swallow it. Is it REALLY worth it? You can't keep putting it off until tomorrow, or tomorrow is never going to get here. You have to make up in your mind that this is, once and for all, the final straw. Like the others suggested, if you absolutely have to have it, just eat smart. Trust me, being healthy is so much more worth it than the few seconds of pleasure that may come from that dinner.
sparkleNshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

What do you like to eat at Panda Express? You can cook many of those things yourself for significantly fewer calories (especially if you don't dish out the portions for yourself that they do - three cups of rice! Gah!). And some of them taste even better. I was addicted to their orange chicken until I learned to make it myself with real oranges and grilled chicken and it is GREAT.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 247/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

i love panda sooo much. thankfully my family doesnt eat it all that often so it doesnt really tempt me, but my family is big mexican food eaters, and thats what we did tonight. i feel like these past three weeks ive really sabataged my whole dieting. ever since i got in the 180s ive been acting as though i could stop dieting. but tomorrow will be my real day 1 to start again. and i will stick with it, no cheating until i hit the 170s at least. i refuse to stay in the 180s for two months.

but, im right there with you. panda express and all.
Crystalynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:11 AM   #19  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

If it is true that you simply cannot stay away from these foods that you know will hurt you not only in all those calories and fat grams, but mentally as well, you aren't going to be able to stop cold turkey. I believe taking small steps and moderating is best at first, until you can reach a time when you can go without it for a stretch. Don't think of it as you'll never be able or "allowed" to eat Panda Express. You absolutely will, and when you are ready to eat there again, you'll be armed with more information about their healthier choices and other options to make your meal more manageable. Don't go from one extreme to the other. If you go to Panda Express tonight, maybe just exchanging the orange chicken for something else like their eggplant tofu or steamed veggies. Or replace the chow mien with white rice. A simple substitution can go a long way.

What helps for me when I am craving a food or one I love is being offered to me is to remember how great it feels to be thinner, even if I haven't lost a huge amount yet. When someone asks me if I want a cookie or something, I say, "No thanks, I like fitting into my old jeans much better." People always leave me alone after I say that.
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

It sounds like you've given up on even trying to fight this. You've accepted going off plan every night as just what you do. You need to change your view of yourself. This doesn't have to be what you do. You are not too weak to push through your cravings.

As someone above mentioned, after you push through the first two weeks, you feel A LOT better and the cravings subside. But after you push through the first day, you feel a lot better about yourself! Prove to yourself that you are strong!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

You have to think what you want the most loosing weight or as you said eat Panda Express and feel bad later.. Read what you wrote and I am sure you will make the right decision.. Don't give in to cravings...
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote