Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 336/336/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
if you tripped down the first couple stairs of a staircase, you're not going to look and go "huh. Well, I messed that up. Might as well throw myself down the rest of these stairs". Rather, you'd be extra careful with the rest of that journey, making sure to compensate for your earlier mistake
Wow! This is so true and I absolutely love this! I will definitely be thinking about this when I "stumble" in my weight loss journey
homiegiiib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #17  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

I usually eat out or boredom or something close to that so when I get a sudden urge to eat something, I tell myself that I can have it if I still want it in an hour. Usually I forget all about it since I have something else on my mind by then.

I also keep a lot of low calorie and healthy snacks in the kitchen in case I just need to snack on something and I can't get it out of my head. I also don't keep junk food greater than a couple of servings in the house. All ice cream I buy is in those small pints and I separate chocolate bars into serving sections and put them in the freezer so that if I want it I have to wait for it to melt.

I also use the trick that someone else mentioned about telling myself I can have it the next day when it fits into my calories.
wrdfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdfrog View Post
All ice cream I buy is in those small pints and I separate chocolate bars into serving sections and put them in the freezer so that if I want it I have to wait for it to melt.
see, if i had self discipline that would work, but i would just end up eating five of those mini pints at once! (it has happened!!)
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6

i have another tip!

for binge eaters (like me) if you walk or run at about 7:30 pm ish, you will NOT want to eat before bed, believe me! you won't want to ruin the calories you just burnt!
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote