Snacks on plane

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Howdy,
    I got 100 cal packages of nuts & fiber bars. Should I take them out of their sealed wrappers and put in clear small zippo bags. I also got 80 cal prepackaged string cheese & fresh green beans.

The cheese wrapper is clear so it should not be a problem. I have googled this and went to gov website but couldn't get good guidance.
    Thanks,
  • I wouldn't think you would need to remove the nuts, etc. from their original packaging. In fact, if something was in home-made baggie packaging, I would think it might be more suspicious. Call your airport and ask about it if you are concerned.
  • I thought it was liquids and gels they were worried about, not food.
    Accourding to the TSA website:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1667.shtm

Quote:
    All food must go through the X-ray machine. Do NOT bring food to the security checkpoint unwrapped, as shown in the image on the right.

Food must be wrapped or in a container. Unpeeled natural foods like fruit are okay, but half-eaten fruits must be wrapped.
  • Never had an issue taking food on a plane. As long as you don't have fresh fruits and veggies and are entering another country you should be fine. I take snack foods on planes whenever I fly!
  • Yep - ditto to everyone else. I fly a LOT and I haven't ever had trouble with food on any airlines - as long as it's not something packaged in water.
  • Yep - you don't have to remove anything from packages. Liquids are the only restricted thing (and produce if you're going between countries).
  • Thanks. I will pick up lettuce salad and add my own nuts & cheese. Empty water bottle and fill it up at same place I get salad. Lemon juice packet for dressing & dt coke with SB choc fiber bar. I tried dried green beans in the store. 120 cal for 1/2 cp. I could eat 2 cups of them without registering I did that. So I opted for fresh and going in zippo snack bags.
  • OT, but I read this as "Snakes on a Plane", and had a vision of Samuel L. Jackson...

"Enough is enough! I have had it with the terrible snacks on this terrible plane! " (cleaned-up version)
  • Quote: OT, but I read this as "Snakes on a Plane", and had a vision of Samuel L. Jackson...

"Enough is enough! I have had it with the terrible snacks on this terrible plane! " (cleaned-up version)
    LOL! Mee too!
  • LOL ^^^^

"You mean they don't serve anything but sodium-coated peanuts on this M&%$FU#* plane? And two cups of water over a six-hour flight????!!! Girl, you betta bring your own snacks onto this plane if you wanna stay on plan."
  • Quote: LOL ^^^^
    Girl, you betta bring your own snacks onto this plane if you wanna stay on plan."
    LOL what a nice chuckle.

I enjoy how I am not finished finding ways to stay POP. I have travelled many times while losing but this time, after experimenting with my lunch choices in anticipation of our big Western trip, I said, I don't want high sodium grilled chicken if I can bring my LF string cheese and 100 cal nuts. As a treat, I will have a SB fiber bar with dt coke. I don't want the fiber bars in our home but for traveling, it will definitely feel like a treat.

I also have had capricious security checks, so I am a bit nervous about bringing my snacks.

DS is a muscular 18 male, cocaptain of LAX team, so he can eat whatever he wants whenever he wants.
  • same here
    )))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • Quote: LOL ^^^^

"You mean they don't serve anything but sodium-coated peanuts on this M&%$FU#* plane? And two cups of water over a six-hour flight????!!! Girl, you betta bring your own snacks onto this plane if you wanna stay on plan."
    HAHAHA win!!! I was totally thinking this too lmao.

edit- Hey you put up a picture! You're pretty!
  • saef is very pretty.
  • So on the dubbed TBS version, the line was "I have had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this monday-to-friday plane".

Which of course I also instantly replaced with snacks. Monkey fighting snacks! Like Bananas!