3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Why did I eat that?! (Kinda Humorous) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/205339-why-did-i-eat-kinda-humorous.html)

Gold32 06-23-2010 10:01 AM

Why did I eat that?! (Kinda Humorous)

Ok Ladies (and Gents), I have a story for you about trying to eat the right thing...

So I hard-boiled eggs the other day and put them in the freezer to "quick-cool" them, so that they will peel easier. This works very well, actually, if you remember to take the eggs out. I forgot that part. :frypan:

Yes, they froze completely. Now, having never had a frozen-now-thawed hardboiled egg before, I let them thaw in the fridge and a few days later (today) took two to work.

Have you ever had a frozen and now thawed hardboiled egg before? No? Well, let me tell you. The thing becomes a porous sponge, that you can squeeze and water drains out. The texture is extremely disturbing. I ate a whole egg anyway. :barf: Luckily, I came to my senses and didn't finish the second one.

Why, oh why, did I eat that egg? :dunno: I wanted protein. I've been doing the C25K and it occurred to me that I really need to get more protein in. Eggs are a much better source of protein than oatmeal. Well, nothing was worth what I just ate.

I feel like this was a reverse of the out of control bad eating. This was out of control good eating. So yeah, just because something is supposed to be healthy doesn't mean it will survive butchering it's cooking process. Any of you ever eat something because it's "healthy" despite some flaw?

I'm going to go try to :lol: at myself now...

chnkymonkey 06-23-2010 10:07 AM

oh, that's too funny.

Sounds like you need an eggie. I love my eggie. Its a little device that allows you to hardboil eggs in the microwave. I love mine so much that I have two - one at home and one for work. That way I can make fresh hard boiled eggs at work.

I've burned hardboiled eggs before and tried eating them. Not good! really, not good.

ElanaRose 06-23-2010 10:07 AM

:lol: Made me laugh! I actually had a craving for dried apricots last night while I was watching a movie :P

Gold32 06-23-2010 10:11 AM

Glad to make others laugh!

And I will definitely have to check out this "Eggie". Thanks chnkymonkey!

Beach Patrol 06-23-2010 10:57 AM

A little secret about hard-boiling eggs.... first of all, if the egg is "kinda old" it will NOT peel properly no matter what you do.

2ndly, assuming you have a fairly fresh egg! - running a HB egg under cool water for a few seconds will make it MUCH easier to peel.

Yeah, I'm a hard boiled egg genius. :D :rofl:

Breannaj1215 06-23-2010 11:25 AM

yuck. lol whats a c25k

TheBunneh 06-23-2010 11:39 AM

I've never heard of putting the hardboiled eggs in the freezer to cool them. Good thing too, because I probably would have done just the same thing you did! lol

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 (Post 3354506)
yuck. lol whats a c25k

Couch to 5k. It's a running program. You can find a lot of info about it though google. :)

kuchick 06-23-2010 09:06 PM

Our freezer tends to way over-produce ice, so when I hardboil eggs, I just pour out as much of the hot water as possible and dump a ton of ice on top. It cools them really quickly and it's the easiest eggs I've ever peeled.

kendra 06-24-2010 12:27 AM

rofl!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I needed that. That is something that I would do. I burn stuff with the microwave so you can just imagine my cooking.

Cglasscock1 06-24-2010 12:37 AM

Yep, that would be a Me move. I may have to try this hard-boiled egg sponge thing at home just out of curiosity!