Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Ohhh... just came to me (in addition to my previous post).

Also add beans, corn and carrots to your diet.

And make sure you get your omega 3-6-9's either naturally or in liquid or pill form. They are found in flaxseeds (grind them), walnuts and fish as well. Or you could put the liquid form in a smoothie.
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #17  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Sweetnlow, please check in & let us know how you're doing.

Actually, whenever someone posts on this topic, I'm unable to forget there's a 3FC member out there who just can't go, and it bothers me, and I worry about that person, and I absolutely require a followup post telling me they've found some relief, so that I can regain my peace of mind. Because otherwise, in my imagination, they're still wandering around out there, all corked up tightly as a bottle. And I just can't bear that thought. I mean this. Seriously. Must be my thwarted motherly instincts.

Last edited by saef; 06-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #18  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Sweetnlow, please check in & let us know how you're doing.

Actually, whenever someone posts on this topic, I'm unable to forget there's a 3FC member out there who just can't go, and it bothers me, and I worry about that person, and I absolutely require a followup post telling me they've found some relief, so that I can regain my peace of mind. Because otherwise, in my imagination, they're still wandering around out there, all corked up tightly as a bottle. And I just can't bear that thought. I mean this. Seriously. Must be my thwarted motherly instincts.
LOL, thanks for your concern I am a mom too so I understand that . I took two more stool softeners yesterday and things seem to be moving again, slowly but moving. I think all will be well soon. I am going stick with the high fiber and stool softeners and lay off the iron for another day until everything passes (for lack of a better word LOL) I managed to get in a good workout as well, I think I needed that.
Thanks so much for all your help everyone. It is great to have support when you need it!

Last edited by sweetnlow28; 06-23-2010 at 10:27 AM.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #19  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Relieved to hear that things seem to be moving along for you. Thanks for checking back in with us. Stay well!
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #20  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

The iron supplements tend to do this....

All I can stress is fiber, fiber, fiber, water, water, water, exercise, exercise, exercise.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

So...I suffer from constipation all. the. time. And what works for most doesn't work for me.

I exercise 4-6 times a week (3 days Zumba, 3 days yoga)
I drink 96+oz water per day
I drink coffee
I eat lots of fruit and veggies - plenty of spinach, broccoli, etc
I stay away from refined carbs - eat lots of oatmeal (steel cut and thick cut), etc
I eat plain yogurt with live cultures every day
Miralax does nothing

I still get bound up all the time so I always love coming across suggestions....I tried Smooth Move last night and OMG...the runs! I've been to that bathroom about 5 times this morning...the mild cramping is subsiding and I'm going less and less each time but I'm telling you....this stuff gets things moving! It's not something I'd take every day (as I think some do) but I'm definitely going to pull it out at first sign of constipation .
firefliesandpixies is offline   Reply With Quote