3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   So it's been a whole year... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/205268-so-its-been-whole-year.html)

TheBunneh 06-22-2010 12:59 PM

So it's been a whole year...

And I'm exactly where I was this time last year. I made a tiiiiiny bit of progress and then shot back up. I haven't updated my ticker yet but I just bought a scale and weighed myself for the first time in a long while and I'm up to 184lbs. Uhg. Now, this is a new scale and a new place. So I don't know if there is a bit of a difference in the results because of that. But it's still gotten me depressed. I don't know how many times I've started with weight loss again just to mess up. And I feel like I'm running out of time or something. I really wanted to be near a "normal" weight by my 21st birthday, and I don't see that happening now...

BUT. I'm not going to give into the 'just give up' feelings. Not matter how much they're nagging at me. I'm recommitting myself to eating healthy and working out, no matter if the scale is cooperating or not.

Ciao 06-22-2010 01:10 PM

Sorry to hear that.
Good luck on losing the weight again! :)

lights76 06-22-2010 01:15 PM

184 isn't bad! In a week, my weight usually fluctuates between 183 and 176 depending on my food intake, water weight, TOM, etc. A year maintaining that loss is awesome! Just pump it up a notch and I think you will definitely start losing again!

Matilda08 06-22-2010 01:36 PM

congrats on the progress youve made just jump back on the wagon and you will be fine! You havent really gained that much weight back and that alone is a good thing!!!

Vladadog 06-22-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBunneh (Post 3353009)
I don't know how many times I've started with weight loss again just to mess up. And I feel like I'm running out of time or something.

As long as you are breathing you haven't run out of time!:D

kendra 06-22-2010 10:09 PM

Don't give up. You can do this! Just take it one day at a time. Good job for recommitting. Good Luck!

Arctic Mama 06-22-2010 10:15 PM

You are still a LONG way from your high weight and have been more or less maintaining it. I think that deserves a lot of credit and congratulations!

TheBunneh 06-23-2010 12:06 PM

Thanks a lot guys. =)

I really do know better than to let one weigh-in get me down. And you're right, I should be happy I was able to keep myself from gaining more! It's been such a stressful year. My husband just graduated college and we've moved halfway across the country for his first "real" job.

I was down to 182 this morning. So I'm thinking a lot of the 184 must have been water weight. I did eat out on Sunday (my third anniversary! =D) and that must have been FULL of sodium. Plus I'm just getting off my TOM. (Yeah, yeah. I should have known better than to weigh on my TOM but I thought is was over.)

I should make myself go back to weighing just once a week so I don't go crazy over every fluctuation. That was one advantage of having the scale I used to use not being in my own house!