Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #1  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Default discouragement...

I had it. I've worked so hard for this last month. I've been good with the food, Consistent with the workouts, and in general a very good girl. Right up until Thursday. A case of the "Is it worth it? What is the point I've only lost 3 pounds this month." got the better of me. I gave in and had a big fast food burger and fries for supper. Then I had a big brownie that didn't even taste good. Then yesterday I was feeling fed up still and ate Chinese food. General Tso's chicken, fried rice, a egg roll, and 2 crab and cream cheese wontons. Then later I topped it off with 2 smirnoff ice and chocolate. Today I went and ate sushi and far too much of it with the husband. Then had a lemon raspberry bar from starbucks AND a chocolate cupcake. I was feeling pretty low.

I couldn't stand it. So I took my measurements earlier. I was flabbergasted. I seriously couldn't believe the results. I figure my tape had stretched so I bought a NEW one. Nope the tape hadn't stretched. I wish I had done this Thursday morning rather than binging. May someone else learn from my mistake. 3 pounds can REALLY be a huge difference.

Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #2  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

And this would be why measurements are such a big tool for this journey! So glad you had an eye opener - Even though it was after the binge, it's a good thing for you to see that change. Sure, you binged, but that doesn't have to throw you off completely!

Three pounds in a month? Seems slow, I'm sure, but hey - Think of it like this: That's twelve sticks of butter! Sometiems I have to think of things in terms like that to really see that even though something like three pounds may not seem like much, it's still a big accomplishment! And it's still a movement in the right direction to your goal - Isn't that ultimately what we all want?
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #3  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

That measurement chart is so interesting. It should definitely make you feel better about your little "vacation" from plan. Get right back on the wagon, and you will keep right on losing inches ... and pounds. Good luck!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/163/140

Height: 5'-6"

I know how you feel! I do the same thing (and mostly don't want to measure myself because it's depressing.) I can get on track and do so well and then veer off so far into left field. Any thoughts on why we do this? I can't figure it out, because losing just those 3 lbs can be so rewarding...and yet it's so easy to get off track.
Marly2983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #5  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Those are some good measurements! Just get right back on plan and when you get that 'what's the point?' feeling again just whip out your good old measuring tape! Don't think of this binge as all bad, you gained another important tool to fight the cravings! Way to go.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #6  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Since beginning to measure every month, I've been amazed at how much difference just "a few pounds" makes in my inches.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #7  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I can't change the fact I binged, I can only move forward and keep going. I'm halfway to goal. I have another 40 pounds to lose. I know I can do it because I've already done it once. Extra gym day this week as penance for the binge though. who knew 3 pounds could translate to 8 inches though. Seriously, that's some pretty crazy big changes. I've had less change after 15 pounds. May all my 3 pound losses provide so much change.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote