Weekend let down

• Today was not a good day. I feel like all i did was eat. granted didnt get off plan but still. I feel bloated. blah
  • I hate weekends for dieting. Despite having full control over my eating this weekend - no dining out, all meals made myself, and I had full control over what I snacked on, I still feel like I over did it too.

Tomorrow is a new day, renewed spirit. Go forward and work harder to make up for the weekend.
  • Sorry you had a bad day. But as the above poster mentioned, you will have a new opportunity tomorrow
  • Don't feel bad - like you said, you didn't go off of plan, so that's a bonus!! Tomorrow is another day, just don't let this one day derail your progress.
  • Having days that are less than perfect is pretty common; don't let it derail you. Just keep moving ahead.

J
  • Im back at work and back on track. I dont know why i seem to eat more at home. Probably because im bored? I wasnt home saturday so i didnt eat everything in the house. Sundays is my rest day and all i did was eat. I need to be careful.
  • I can totally relate!

Time to be more careful. And as someone else suggested to me - can you store up some extra calories during the week so that you have them for the weekend? A modification on the zig-zag approach.

When I lost weight the first time around, that is what worked for me. I'm still struggling with finding my eating pattern this time, but hope to eventually swing my way back into that.
  • I always give myself an off day on the weekends. I still count calories, but I let them be at a "maintain" level instead of lose. I just can't live completely without some things, and this works for me to keep me from feeling deprived. Plus, it does keep your metabolism from getting complacent with lower calories. So you may want to consider giving yourself a small break on the weekends.

Why face weekends with dread? Even on plan you're unhappy with your success on the weekends? You definitely need to lighten up on yourself!
  • how do you know what the maintain calorie limit is?
  • I use the same calculators I used to get my lose amount. Google "How many calories do I need a day?" Unfortunately, they all read differently, so I stick with the lower side of 1800-2000. Which happens to be the same as the dietary guidelines.
  • oh ok. thanks.
  • Always happy to help!