being fat and always wanting to cover

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does anyone have this? sometimes i feel like i'm so fat i just have to "COVER" everything up... like today i bought tank tops and all i could think of was... what can i cover them up with? what kind of shirt can i put over top..

anyone else?
  • I know how you feel :/ I still hate wearing short sleeve tops because I'm self-conscious of my upper arms and I can't even imagine wearing a swimsuit.

It's all about confidence, I guess?
  • Yup, I know what you mean. I'm still too self conscious to wear shorts or a tank top... and we live on a lake!!! I just can't do it.
  • I am the same way. I won't wear sleeveless shirts or shorts or skirts unless they are ankle length
  • I can definitely relate!

I'm always trying to cover by wearing long sleeves, longer tops, and whatever else. I hate it during summer, but just too self conscious to not do it.
  • I have always done this with my spare tire. When I am standing, I suck in but when I sit down it spreads out and feels so huge. If I have a sweater or a couch pillow near by I will always lay it on my lap to cover my stomach. I have huge bat wings now too but they don't seem to bother me as much as my stomach. I still wear tanks all the time. There is something bad about that stomach area though LOL.
  • I'm always buying clothes that are too big, because I'm worried that if it's fitted then people will realize how big I really am...
  • I astound myself every time I put on a tank top. Before I'd lost weight, I wouldn't wear a tank top in front of my husband. Now...I wear tank tops to the gym and actually feel GOOD!! If I owned any decent ones I'd proudly wear them in public! In fact, I just bought a sleeveless dress and love it! I like (I can't yet say "love") my arms for the first time in a very, very long time.

Strength training! It does a body good. And you too can love your arms!
  • well, generally I don't do that, I'm not big, 140 height, 5.8, but lower part of my body is heavier than upper one and sometimes I have doubts about my legs, so I do cover it sometimes...But I try to get rid of this habit because after I lost 20 pounds I realized that when I see troubled spots I wanna DO smth about it.
  • I want to cover everything everyday
  • I do this all the time. There are times when I will wear my jacket over my shirt because I can't stand people seeing my arms or stomach. (yep even when it's 90 outside) I guess it's good that i always freeze when i go in the air, so it all equals out. Although, since I've been losing more, I am becoming more self-confident. Today I didn't wear my jacket at all and i went to the grocery store. I know this doesn't sound like much but it took alot for me to do this.
  • No one is looking. No one is staring at you either. It is a lie, don't believe the lie! I have a hideous tattoo on the back of my leg that I got when I was 16 years old. I despise it. I just recently started wearing shorts (it's on the back of my calf). My mother was so shocked to see me in shorts and just went on and on and on and on complimenting me of how great I looked wearing shorts. Same thing, I wore a dress to work the other day that hit me at the knee. I had this conversation with my coworker of how I never expose that calf because I'm so self conscious about it, HOWEVER I'm self conscious for no reason. No one is looking at it. And she agreed, no one is looking at it! Although in my head for the longest time, I always assumed all eyes were on it! No one is judging me. And if they are, well I'm covered by the blood of Jesus and that stuff is just way too menial for me to freak out over!

Love yourself, be comfortable with yourself and love what you are doing for yourself!! You are giving yourself one of the greatest gifts and that is health and a new mindset.
  • its hard.. sigh, well It sucks knowing there is others who feel this way, but good because a person knows they arent alone.

Jen, people do actually stare at me.. i'm not sure for what reason in particular, but people do stare. I just get self conscious and think its for the worst.
  • Yup, I ALWAYS cover up. Even though it gets ungodly hot here in NC. I don't want my cellulite legs showing and my arms with all of the saggy skin and stretch marks.

I've started purchasing alot of short sleeved cardigans and I LOVE them. I can still stay pretty cool with a tank top underneath but still keep my upper arms covered.
  • Yeah I feel the same way! I've bought so many cardigans and tops just to cover up my flabby arms!

Also, whenever I sit down on a couch, I automatically grab the nearest pillow to cover up the rolls on my tummy.