Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default Okay, so when does the scale start to move?

I'm doing okay... Lost 2 inches off my waist and hips, put on muscle. I'm fine with that. But when will the scale start to go down? I know it will eventually, but the anticipation is killing me. And is 1477 calories (for me, that would help me lose about 4lb in 2 weeks) going to be enough if I'm putting on muscle?

Can I do my 1477 plan for next month, too, or should I switch it up? I feel okay where I'm at, but I don't want to be secretly harming myself or something. I guess I'm just a little paranoid since I haven't seen a doctor in a while.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

If your weight loss has stopped, you might want to change up your plan a little. Either increase your exercise or decrease your calories a bit for a couple weeks and see what that does to the scale.

At your height and weight, eating around 1,400 cals. per day, you really shouldn't worry about harming yourself with too little calories. Calories will differ for every person. Some people can easily eat 1500-1700 calories a day and still lose weight, some people (like me) will gain if they average more than 1300 calories per day. It's all about experimenting with your exercise and calorie levels to see what works best for you. Once you figure it out- it'll be simple. :0) Good luck!
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

When did you start and how long have you been doing this?

There are so many things that can cause the scale to not move. But don't let it get to you. Measure your progress by the inches you are losing and the way your clothes are fitting.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnkymonkey View Post
When did you start and how long have you been doing this?

There are so many things that can cause the scale to not move. But don't let it get to you. Measure your progress by the inches you are losing and the way your clothes are fitting.
I don't know the official day I started, but my first post on my xanga was the 8th, so let's say that. I eventually got down to 179, but now I'm back to 180-ish, sometimes a little less. I don't really mind, since I'm seeing physical results, but I just don't understand why the scale isn't moving. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing for the next month, and if I haven't lost anything by then, try to change some things up?
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote