Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #16  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Thanks everyone...I have calmed down a bit since last night...I know I weighed in the store after I had eaten two meals (without having moved my bowels) and after eating sodium, and while wearing jeans...I am going to go strict low sodium and drink a lot of water (a lot more than I normally do)...In the few days I have before the appointment, and then I'll weigh naked so that I can get an accurate read.

Hayleyislove- My starting weight of 262 was taken on a dr's scale, so I can only assume it was accurate.

MissKelly- I do measure and weigh my food, and the carbs in what I listed on my OP don't reflect my usual carb intake...I was eating extra because I felt like I had low blood sugar all day. BUT you are absolutely right that sodium could be sneaking in where I don't notice, although I pay attention to that...I didn't know that about the shrimp. Thanks.

Sweetnlow28-given the circumstances maybe mine is only 10 pounds off too, and that could be a general discrepancy between analogs and digitals? I'll have to wait until my dr appt to find out.

All in all, I HAVE been getting smaller, I LOOK slimmer than ever, my stomach is FLAT (except for my panniculus ). I DID lose from 2-3 inches off both my hips and waist since Jan. My ribs and collar bones are evident. But I don't understand how all that could be if I have not been losing weight...I am not doing enough weight training to build any sort of real muscle. The whole thing is crazy. But THANKS FOR LISTENING!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #17  

Your diet is high in refined carbs and there aren't enough vegetables, fruit, dairy and good fats. What you eat is very important if you want to lose weight faster and be healthy. I doubt you are getting 2000 calories a day burned in exercise. Most people overestimate calories burned. If you were, you'd be losing 2-3 pounds a week. My digital scale is exactly the same as my doctor's balance beam.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Your diet is high in refined carbs and there aren't enough vegetables, fruit, dairy and good fats. What you eat is very important if you want to lose weight faster and be healthy.
I was going to mention this also. I'm not a nutritionist or anything but it looks like your choosing foods with higher glycemic index also. Maybe switching up your diet a little might help.

I wouldn't worry about what the scale says though. Think about all that you have accomplished! You're doing great and a size 10 jeans - wooohoo sexy momma! Can't wait for that!
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #19  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Quilter in VA, Stella 4- you are both right: It really helps sometimes to have others take a look at what you are doing. Although that day reflects me eating more carbs than I typically do, I am eating too many carbs, and I used to not do that. There was a time I was very mindful of eating only like 2 servings of carbs a day. I let some exercise people convince me that it was ok to eat more carbs if I was to be running 5+ miles a day and lifting some weights...but maybe that is for optimal performance and not weight loss (although I am sure that type of advice only applies to breakfast). As for the veggies I NEVER imagined that I was not eating enough veggies (because I love most veggies, and I eat several servings at once)...but it's true, I usually only eat veggies at dinner. I am at a loss as to how to include them easily into my other meals or snacks...I'll post about that in veggie challenged. Also, I am going to revamp my plan, work out the kinks, and at the end of the week I will make a new post saying how the transition was, and what the new plan looks like. Be on the look out for it!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Much better outlook!

Good luck at the doctors Tuesday and I WILL be looking for your next post to see how you revamp your plan!

Last edited by Stella4; 06-20-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #21  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Also.. ask your doctor if you can come in to weigh every week or two on their scales. My mother's scale goes off when the battery starts to die and they don't mind at all if she pops in to weigh when she's in the neighborhood.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

If you have lost 63 pounds , you have still lost 63 pounds, no matter what the scale says, your starting weight may have been higher but the loss is the same.It is better to keep your records by using the same scale as scales will vary. I always weigh more at the doctor's office, too.BUT I have never weighed myself at his office , first thing out of bed, after potty, before breakfast and nude.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote