Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Unhappy Discouraged and question about sleep???

Im feeling very discouraged and un - motivated today.

It was my mid week weigh in ( i like to do this as if the scales arnt budging or im gaining i have time to try n sort it out by my main weigh in day)
And im up 3lbs Totally dont understand.
Ive been working out had a rest day yesturday and im supposed to be working out to day but i jus cant get in the mind set ...........feel very low and discouraged. Its came from nowhere.

Really know i shud get up and switch my dvd on and just get it done , but feel like i cud jus lie down

Also wanted to know how much sleep everyone gets ??? and if you over sleep what effect does that have on your day?

Ive always been a person who loves my sleep , and can get about 10-12 hours of ZZZ's in per night lately.
But sometimes i get sleepy moments and i like WHAT??? ive had enuf sleep. Suppose im feeling alittle like this today.

Really wana find my motivation again , its only been gone a day and its like losing your mobile fone
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/222/160

Height: 5'

Try not to get discouraged. I know easier said than done, but you will work through it. Have you done anything different or could it be water weight?
I normally gain 4-5 pounds around my period and it is gone within a few days.

I would love to get 9 hours of sleep, but it is impossible now! I usually sleep around 7, sometimes less. It depends on how much housework and when the little one will finally go to sleep.

Good luck to you.
clifimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #3  
Amazing will be me

I havent done nothing different thats y i dont understand , i dont get periods with my BC pill but sometimes get retention which i can feel a little in my belly and fingers maybe thats it.

Think i need to sleep less x
Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I have my days like that. Try to bargain with yourself. Put the DVD in and do part of it. Once you get going, you will probably find that it feels good and you get the energy to do more.

I like to get my sleep. Lately I've only been getting 5-6 hrs a night, but I would like to get more. Although, if I get too much sleep, that's almost just as bad as not enough sleep. I'm over tired when I sleep to much.

For me, on the days I'm dragging, Ginseng and Vitamin B help me. They help curb the sleepiness without the effects of caffeine or sugar.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

You sound a little blue. Sometimes, even after a lot of sleep, I still feel tired. For me it tends to be my emotions that make me sleepy. Get up and do something you enjoy. What do you like to do? Ex. I find going to the craft store very therapuetic. Sounds silly... but I like to look at all the craft supplies and think about what I could do with them. I have been tinkering in my garden trying to get things to grow. I like to sit outside on my deck.

What are things you like to do that make you happy? Pick something and do it... you might find yourself feeling refreshed and ready to exercise afterwords.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

i know how you feel - i think we ALL know how you feel!!! first off, as for the weight gain, don't be discouraged. even if you're on BC, sometimes you still retain water. it depends on so many variables, like if you recently eaten a lot of sodium or fiber. if you're started exercising recently, you might be retaining water. these are all totally natural, and i'm sure your gain will disappear soon. as for having the blues, i get like this. sometimes i'm just in a funk for the whole day, and there's really nothing that makes me feel better except throwing in the towel, going to bed, and trying again the next day lol. i agree with an above poster - tell yourself you'll do 5 minutes of the dvd. or go for a walk outside, climb a few flights of stairs, do a few push-ups or crunches. sometimes, i've told myself i'm just going to the gym to sign in and burn 50 calories (about 5 minutes on an elliptical). only once have i actually into the gym and done this, but every other time, i stay and end up burning off between 400 and 700. plus, i leave feeling so much better. really, the hardest part is just getting your butt up and starting.
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #7  
Amazing will be me

Red face

Thank you all for your replys and i managed to push my self and put my DVD on. completed it apart from the last 2mins of the cool down.

I knew i had 2 , as i would feel even worse later for not doing it............had to give my self the biggest push and still feeling a bit but had a nice tea of chicken breast and stir fry veg so hoping tomorrow will bring a better day

Think the sleep thing hasnt helped that my partner is on nightshift so i have slowly fallen in to a similar routine and my days have went backwrds on their self , as in im now working out at 8pm at night instead of about 1pm during the day. I am staying awake longer and sleeping through till the afternoon with my partner .....................roll on nxt week when he back on day shift hahaha.

But thank you all for your words of support , really gave me a kick up the bum
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you are sleeping 10-12 hours and still feel tired have you looked into the possibility you have sleep apnea? I was exhausted all the time for about 6 months- then one day realized I may have sleep apnea from something my husband told me. Sure enough I did! I got a CPAP machine and been a lot better since.

I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep nightly during the week. Probably a little more like 8-9 on the weekends.

Last edited by beerab; 06-17-2010 at 06:18 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #9  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
If you are sleeping 10-12 hours and still feel tired have you looked into the possibility you have sleep apnea? I was exhausted all the time for about 6 months- then one day realized I may have sleep apnea from something my husband told me. Sure enough I did! I got a CPAP machine and been a lot better since.

I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep nightly during the week. Probably a little more like 8-9 on the weekends.
No what is this ive never heard ov it?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Here's some information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

You should see a doctor right away to see if it's possible. I have it and I have to sleep with a mask and machine at night. Don't neglect it because sleep apnea is bad for your heart.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote