Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #1  
lucysam77

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5"4"

Default ***Yesterday... I got a break!!!

Yesterday i got a break from my diet after 3 weeks..
My husband and I went to see a movie and I ate popcorn like crazy... Today I gained 1 pound but I start my diet again.
I think 1 pound is not bad at all, besides.... I have so much fun.
Are you ladies taking a break in your diet like me to eat whatever you want??? I want to hear some comments.
lucysam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/114/110

Height: 5'3

Hi Lucysam77, I usually reward myself on weekends and holidays but don't over do it since I know that I'll pay for it later.
I think that it's important to allow yourself to enjoy good food and even comfort food once in a while!!!

Cheers,

Caribbean Girl

Last edited by caribbeangirl02; 06-14-2010 at 12:01 PM.
caribbeangirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I allow myself off-plan days. If this is a lifetime commitment, I have to be able to do this for the long run. I can't completely swear off some goodies now and then. If I keep my on-plan days just below my calorie target, my off-plan days don't mess up my whole week. It all averages out.

Some people are more strict --- because they know that one off-plan day will turn into two days, then a week, then a month. As long as you know yourself and know you can get right back on the horse, I say, let us eat cake! In moderation.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #4  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

My weigh in day is Saturdays. So Saturday night I usually have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening as my celebration for the week. Besides, I figure I have 7 days to get that wine back out my system.
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #5  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I try to incorporate stuff like that into my regular plan. I couldn't eat ice cream every day, but I can manage it once or twice month. So, I consider myself on plan as long as it doesn't turn into a binge (which often it does).

I've been successful in having moderate amounts of alcohol and still lose weight.

I do have a confession. I went on a week's vacation last month and I intended to eat moderately. Instead, it was open season for food and alcohol. I ate crap the entire time and drank quite a bit. Physically, my body didn't like the junk. But it didn't derail my weight loss that much. Within 10 days, my weight was back to normal. I wouldn't recommend going whole hog like I did, but it's not the end of the world either.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

I am very strict with myself, if i cannot fit it into my plan I will NOT eat it. I know how i am, i know i will end up justifying having this or that, which will turn into days, weeks, months.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
I am very strict with myself, if i cannot fit it into my plan I will NOT eat it. I know how i am, i know i will end up justifying having this or that, which will turn into days, weeks, months.
Same here! If it doesn't fit into my plan, then I don't eat it. Because 1 bowl of chips turns into 2, 2 turns into "well I've already eaten 2 bowls might as well enjoy myself" then that turns into half a bag or even worse, a whole bag, gone.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote