Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 04:09 PM   #1  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Default September Featherweights

Hi gang!

Our postings have been pretty sparse lately, and I know mine was due to classes and workload. I hope you all are doing well.
My scale read 212 this morning, so I've got to motivate and get in gear to become more active. *sigh* It'll be a challenge as the semester goes on and becomes more demanding.

I had posted a link to pics from my vacation in the old thread, but I'll duplicate it here...enjoy.

----------->linkie to Nova Scotia<------click here
Old 09-01-2002, 05:55 AM   #2  
Fit and Feisty

Kat, Thanks for posting your vacation pics. They are great. Congratulations on how well you did with your classes.

Everyone have a great Labor Day Holiday!

carree
Old 09-01-2002, 05:59 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

I have been spending most of my time cuddling the grandbabies. Glad to know everyone else is still around.

Kat, I also have to motivate and get in gear. I haven't checked out your vacation pix yet, but I will.

Carree, how are you doing? How's the puppy?

Ruth, hi to you. Hope things are well with you.

DH and I got a deluxe room at a hotel last night and spent some real good quality time with no distractions. We had so much fun! MIL went to a nursing home on a respite admission for 24 hours. I worried about her, but she did ok. 15 yo DD spent the night with a friend, so we didn't have to worry. DH and I said we're going to do this more often - couples need the alone time, I think.

Have a good Labor Day.
Jana
Old 09-01-2002, 09:45 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Default CARREE!!!!

WOOHOO on the weight loss! I'm doin' the happy dance for you! I just now went back and read the Aug. posts and read about your loss. You will have to be the inspiration for the rest of us, ok? Good job, Carree.
Jana
Old 09-02-2002, 09:54 AM   #5  
Fit and Feisty

Jana, it's puppies! I got two of them! The female is Cali, and the male is Cooper. I know I must have taken leave of my senses, but I thought they could keep each other company, and I was right about that!
Old 09-06-2002, 12:27 AM   #6  

Angry Hi Featherweights

Hello All ,
I'm new to 4FC website, and sort of drifting from thread to thread...looking for my niche. However, I'm not new to fat!

I'm 49 yrs. old, weigh around 225, 5'3" and after getting a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror for the first time in ages...I decided that I want to be a healthy 50 years old come December!

I started a 1 mile walking program every morning. The first 2 days were rough , but today was easier. I'm also cutting back dramatically on carbs....snackiing only with fruit and a small handful of baked goldfish crackers as a reward once a day. Silly...but I love those goldfish! My son likes them for his school lunches.

My food consumption was reasonable today....just coffee for breakfast, a turkey bologna and sliced cheese sandwich with a tbsp. of miracle whip light on wheat bread. Then I had a generous bowl of grapes for dinner. And a small handful of baked goldfish crackers for a snack tonight. I was surprised that the bowl of grapes satisfied me....but it did.

I have much work to do to get down to my desired weight of 150 ...I welcome all encouragement and beneficial advice. I hope to be of encouragement to you all as well. Have a super Friday.

Linda
Old 09-06-2002, 06:00 PM   #7  
Fit and Feisty

Default Welcome Linda!

Welcome Linda!

We would love to have you hear at the Featherweights thread. You said that you wanted beneficial advice so here goes.....You are starving your body, sweetie. It needs fuel to run, and you will not last giving it so few calories.

Have a good breakfast, lunch and dinner. You won't get back down to 150 overnight, but you weren't 150 last week either. Take your time, it's a journey. The time will go by anyway. Be good to yourself and eat nourishing healthy meals.

We want to see you succeed.

Love,
carree
Old 09-07-2002, 10:45 AM   #8  

Angry Happy Saturday

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Caree: Thanks for the super advice! You're right about not gaining it overnight, and losing it overnight, etc. However, I'd like to see some results soon, albeit, small results. I was rather discouraged this morning after practically starving myself for 3 days and walking a mile everyday for 5 days straight...that the scales still reads 225!

I'm wondering if my meds are interfering with metabolism? Does anyone happen to know if weight gain is a side effect of any of the following meds: Paxil, Zyrtec and Norvasc...

If so, I'll get off those bad boys as soon as possible! I'd love to get off them anyway.

I hope everyone else is certainly doing better than I am. I guess I'm a results-oriented personality. I'll try to be patient.

Guess, I'll go clean my bathroom.

Smiles,
Kittylover
Old 09-07-2002, 05:56 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Hiya Featherweights,

Carree, how sweet - 2 puppies. Are they potty trained yet? There is nothing sweeter than a puppy (unless it is a baby. )

Linda, welcome to this thread!! Your enthusiasm is great. I'm wondering if the salt from the goldfish is making you hold water, thus, no weight loss? It's worth thinking about.

Where's Ruth and Kat?

I have been doing pretty good with the food, terrible with exercise and real good with drinking lots of water. I used to just love walking on the treadmill, but my foot doctor said that is what caused my plantars faciaitis. Yikes, that really hurt, too, and took months to get over.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Jana
Old 09-08-2002, 08:29 PM   #10  
Fit and Feisty

JANA: One puppy is completely paper trained, the other is about 80% there. I just love them both to pieces.

LINDA: I don't know anything about those drugs. I do know that no matter what meds we are taking if we eat less and exercise more...no matter what the scale registers, we will lose fat if we stick to it long enough. My gentle reminder to you at this stage is to stay away from the scale and just concentrate on enjoying each meal and each day of your life. The scale will catch up.

Love,
carree
Old 09-10-2002, 09:38 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone? I had a fun day today sorting through some old pictures. That sure brought back a lot of memories.

I will be 49 tomorrow - yes 9-11 ! Last year was so horrible, and this year will be somber, remembering all who lost their lives. Like everyone else, I will be wearing red , white and blue . Some people with this birthdate are now celebrating it on a different date, but I refuse to let Osma Bin Laden to take that from me....

The weather here in Indiana is getting more fall-like. That makes me want to go rake leaves and roast marshmallows.

Have a good one,
Jana
Old 09-10-2002, 10:11 PM   #12  

Wink Happy Birthday Jana!

Happy Birthday Jana!
May the year bring nothing but joy to your life. Don't let Osama take your day away! Have a good last 40's birthday!

I'm turning 50 in December....I shudder at the thought of leaving my 40's! Enjoy!

Linda
Old 09-11-2002, 03:08 PM   #13  
Fit and Feisty

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANA!

I hope you have many many more! Since 9/11 of last year, I decided to celebrate life more and more, each and every minute, each and every day. I wish the same for you Jana and everyone else.

Love,
carree
Old 09-12-2002, 04:06 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi Featherweights,

Thanks for the B/D wishes. I had a really great day celebrating with family. All 3 of my kids were here, and of course, the grandbabies. Hubby cooked a scrumptious meal, oldest DD made the cake (chocolate with chocolate fudge frosting), and I ate too much, but it sure was yummy! Then 2 of my sisters dropped by, and we all sat around and talked - it was all good.

What's everyone else been up to?
Jana
Old 09-21-2002, 06:34 AM   #15  
Fit and Feisty

Default Hey, where is everyone?

It's very quiet here lately. Just thought I would drop in to see what everyone is up to!
Closed Thread