Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 04:07 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Hello my darlings...

Hmmm...I thought I posted this morning before I slept. (Another night shifter, Shells) Welcome to our little group! I think you'll like this crowd, we ARE humble and loveable! Oh, I know! I sent my info to Sara for the Christmas card exchange...I think this is going to be fun! I told Sara we should include pics, if possible...I'm too technologically challenged to post mine on-line.

Good Lord, Lucky...28 degrees? Weren't you just complaining about the heat, not too long ago? I have been doing some scrapbooking lately. I got started a few years ago, when a friend had a "Creative Memories" scrapbbooking demonstration... I bought a bunch of things, albums, paper cutters, templates, border papers...(I usually go overboard and then lose interest *or time* shortly afterwards.) I dug out all my goodies and started a new book for all my vacation pics. I'm sure any craft stores you have nearby will have all the stuff you need. Get a book from the library first, or perhaps, see if there's someone nearby doing demonstrations...it really is fun, and the end product is a treasure.

Tina... Good for you! Get back to WW, you know it works, and keep on exercising! Again, I'm giving myself the exact same advice! I found my points counter yesterday, and excitedly resolved to use it...this morning I had the BEST omelet for only 4 points! 3 egg whites, (1), 2 T. shredded cheese, (1.5), 1 slice bacon, crumbled (1) and mushrooms (0)...Sorry, make that 3.5 points!

Mary...Are you feeling the effects of Isidore much?? We got a lot of rain last night, today looks like it should be cold, but it's actually quite warm, mostly humid. Try to stay dry, down there!

Thin...You are one busy woman! How nice of you to be bringing all these folks together! That must feel real good...but I know the PMS does not. It sure doesn't seem to slow you down though!

Michelle...YOU GO GIRL! 12 lbs is awesome! I'm so proud of you! And you too, Baylee...and Sara!!! Our current "losers!" You gals are doing great...you all keep me inspired. I am counting points again...it really is the best, most realistic plan around.

Duckie...I hope this finds you feeling better...I love cats too, but I'm deathly allergic...I get all wheezy and sniffly, watery eyes...it IS hard to resist picking them up, but if I do, I wash my hands immediately after...I'm the same way around horses too...'course I don't pick THEM up! Feel better!

Steph...I LOVE the Rag Shop! I could spend hours in there, trying to decide what else to buy. Funny how I can waste time shopping in there, but seem to have NO time to finish the projects I start!

2cute ...and...... she's off!...again! Have a great weekend...tell us about it when you get back! Keep your chin up!

Well...I've got to end this MEGA post...hubby wants to go to Atlantic City tomorrow, come back Sunday...We have to bring our son down that way for a scout camping trip, so he figured why not just stay down there and have some fun? Why not, indeed? I'm game! So, I may or may not see you guys again til Sunday! Horrors! Maybe I can find an 'Internet Cafe' to keep in touch...and then again...maybe not! Whatever...

Have a great weekend, all...keep moving! Keep drinking that water! Eat those fruits and veggies! Think thin!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-27-2002 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:09 PM   #17  

Hello,

Sounds like everyone's doing pretty good, trying to get back on track or stay on track. I wonder how many lbs we have all lost together since joing this site, I know, before I found this site way back in Feb, I didn't really think I could lose weight, was destined to be fat for the rest of my life, It's been slow and I've gone off track alot but I still have 25lbs loss due to the motivation I get from these boards.

I'm feeling alot better, my appetite has also come back. I really got the muchies, yesterday and to day. Have made any terrible choices still doing pretty good food wise. I was wondering, do any of you get the muchies more, the week before TOM visit's. I'm hoping they'll pass.

Congrats Sara, Michelle and Baylee, on your losses hope to join you with a loss on Monday. I've bein losing about 3bls a week so far so we all seem to be losing at the same rate. It must be a healthy rate.

Kat, you make me laugh, the picture of you trying to pick up a horse keeps on poping into my head.

All you guys that talk about your wonderful husband's, STOP !!! Your making me so jealous. Just kidding. Actually my fiance, is a great guy, a little lazy around the house ( no make that alot ) and not very romantic, I never get surprises, or taken out on dates or for dinner. I can have what ever I want, whenever I want, as long as it's in our means. And he's never harrased me about my weight, always complimenting me and saying I'm sexy, but I'ts hard to accept these compliments when I know I'ts not true, and that he's also attracted to the supermodel types, I guess any man is. Anyway's it would be nice to get a surprise, or to be asked what would you like to do today. Well Enough of that,
this is suppose to be a quick reply,

See you guys on Monday, offf for the weekend, two days to clean house and do laundry, yeah.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:47 PM   #18  

Sara!!!! I am so proud of you...now I just have to follow your example.

I planted the Iris, raked, burned and dug but didn't get the Tulips in yet...will do that in the morning before cleaning the shed.

Kat, thanks for reminding me of the library...I go there all the time but my brain must be off...I am off to check on scrapbooking on their web site right now!!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 09:07 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Sara: Way to go girl we are neck and neck . Keep it up.
We got loads of rain Wed and Thurs from Isadore but it's gone now;

DH and I had a huge fight last night. He was telling me a story of being in the navy while we were watching ER (after the @$$ Dr got his arm cut off, and he said I wasn't listening to him. I was looking directly at his face. How could I not be listening to him. He freaked out and started yelling so I cried all night and got up this morning with swollen eyes and had to go to work. He called me today and asked if things were alright between us and where was I taking him to eat tomorrow. (I got paid today).

Well I better quit flapping my mouth. I'll catch all of you later
Old 09-28-2002, 02:31 AM   #20  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey!

Aughh!! My best friend is up from georgia visiting..and i've been like out of the house all day....i think i'm still eating well..i just wanted to check in..and i'm rather excited because on tuesday i go back to weight watchers!! YIPEEE!!!
How is everyone??? :-D
lots of love!!
Old 09-28-2002, 06:06 AM   #21  
Progress..not perfection

I'm here guys......at work right now and we are extremely busy due to lots of power outages.....just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and I love you lots and I will make a big long post tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:48 AM   #22  

Well, pooh...it's dark and rainy - I sure hope it clears up since I want to clean that shed....

I could clean this computer room....I want to re-arrange but need a shelf and table to complete my plan....
Old 09-28-2002, 10:12 AM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!

Andrew and I are off to toys r us to exchange a birthday gift. He got two of the same thing. I also am going to Barnes and Noble to check out the prices for books for my 3 courses. And to order them if they are cheaper than the textbook supplier through the college. This college is strictly self study classes and home, on line, videos etc. So they don't have a bookstore on campus just a supplier to order them from. I want to get started on writing my papers for the english class so I have some extra time!! They also have a textbook swap on the college website and one guy has a book I need. I am just waiting for a response from him as to how much he wants for it!!

Its pretty nice here weather wise! The sun is shining the wind is blowing and its nice a cool just like fall should be!!

Lucky you can come clean my house if you want. It looks like a tornado hit it!

Mel...good for you going back to WW. We will have another to keep us on our toes and motivated! Hope you had fun with your friend!!

Baylee I need the light competition to keep me going and motivated. If everyone else can do this so can I!!

Mary sorry to hear about your tiff with hubby! Hope he is kissing your hiney now! If he is...enjoy it while you can! LOL

Kat join the bandwagon! We are on a roll....get that book out and start counting AND WRITING what you eat! There isn't anything you CAN'T have...you just can't have EVERYthing on the same day!!

Sara you are so awesome! I wish I could lose that much weight in 5 months! Did you get your little package yet??? I figured by tuesday at the latest!

J-ann with all that running around you should have burned a few calories there!

Duckie you are doing great too...we can all do this together!

Tina come back and post!!

Thin....where are you? Doing your bra thing? COme out and post!

Ok I am off to do the errands! TTFN Michelle
Old 09-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #24  

I have been cleaning my computer/library room and need a break. It isn't so much the work but the planning...I have a small space for all my stuff in this room so I have to put a lot of plotting and planning to get everything back in here but it a different spot.

It has been a long day and a lot of work just to add a small work area for doing stamping and "maybe" a scrap book or two.

It must be that "getting ready to hunker down for winter" time, right Baylee?
Old 09-29-2002, 07:34 AM   #25  
I'm on my way!

Well this is very discouraging! I need help on the weekends and no one is around to post! Thats not fair you all have a life and I don't!!

Get your hiney out here today and say a few words of kick butt for me! I did manage to stay within my points yesterday...I only got in 5 glasses of water and I did not exercise!

Ok I'll be back so you all better come out and play today before you run off to do your fun thing!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-29-2002, 09:23 AM   #26  
I'm on my way!

Ok so I am going to be the lone poster today!

Well I have something to report! I just got back from a 2 mile walk! The weather is so nice and cool and John is off so he could watch the boy so I got my headset and off I went. If you want a good walking tape you should try and find the music to Beverly Hills Cop II. I have been walking to that tape for almost 4 years now. Its great because it has some slow paced music and then some faster pace music that kinda makes you want to hop and dance and skip down the road! Oh God! Can you see it now...this bod skipping down the road in public! Ugggghh!!

Ok I am off now to take the boy for a costume for Halloween. Big lots has them for 7.99. I think he might be a bumble bee this year! We shall see! Last year he was a LION! Roaaar!!

I'llllll be back! I hope you will too!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-29-2002, 10:07 AM   #27  
a work in progress...

Exclamation OK, Michelle, bend over!

There! Anyone else? Now, can you do the same for me? Actually, I have been pretty good these past few days...Got lots of walking in yesterday, and I have been utilizing my Curves membership at least 3x a week, if not more. I think...no, I KNOW...that regular exercise is the key to all of this. (No $hit!?!) Yes, I know that's obvious, but when I'm actually getting regular exercise, not only does it burn the calories, but I don't feel like eating poorly and blowing all the good the exercise has done...now, if I could just stick with that!

We had a nice day yesterday. Dropped our boy off and headed to a nearby state park...there was a restored village there, was once a grist mill...we had the dog with us and walked for a while there. 'Then we headed for the ocean...walked for a while on the beach and just soaked in the sun...what a beautiful day. Then we headed over to Atlantic City...we couldn't do too much with the dog in tow, so we strolled on the boardwalk, taking in the sights. At one point, dh said,"why don't you go in and try to hit the jackpot for us?" OK! and off I went, into Trump Plaza...proceeded to lose $25.oo in a slot machine...quickly...so I headed back to the boardwalk. I'd rather have something to show for my expenditure than an empty quarters cup! After that, we headed home, with the intentions of dinner and a movie, and both promptly fell asleep...PARTY ON!

Michelle...did you find an outfit for your little cutie? My son was a cop for three years in a row, starting from about 5 years old! Hey, he finds sometihng he likes and sticks with it! I think this year he wants to be "Dr Evil." He certainly imitates him well enough! (that's all I hear out of him, but he IS funny!) (You know...the guy from the Austin Powers movies) I told him I am NOT shaving his head!

Well...I thought this would be a nice, long, chatty post...but it seems that my daughter has other plans for me. I have to drive her to play practice. I guess I COULD go food shopping, while she's there...Today's exercise will be weeding, weeding, weeding, mowing, raking, etc...come on over Lucky, you're good at that stuff!

Have a great Sunday, gang...
Old 09-29-2002, 10:18 AM   #28  

Michelle #1: I am here.... The weather is just not co-operating with me this weekend. I FINALLY finished re-arranging my computer/library room and have been doing laundry and hanging a picture I got last weekend at a garage sale.

The picture is a garden with the same colors as my couch & chairs...How lucky is that?????

I heard this from Dr. Phil. He was talking to couples about sex...ones wanting more than the other. One woman had lost weight and, thus, wanted it more and longer (the time spent doing sex not his ______!!!!!). I loved the comment Dr. Phil said and thought it was something for us to think about....he said, "I understand, when you get a new body you want to take it out for a spin!"...
Old 09-29-2002, 11:02 AM   #29  

Sara How do you prepare your salmon? I love it but only know how to make patties!!!

I eat a lot of chicken and saw you had that as a dinner also. I have posted this before but thought I would again for you. I take breasts, coat them with taco seasoning, put them in a crock-pot, and cover them with salsa. When it’s done I divide the batch up into containers and freeze them for quick meals. I love it because you can make it mild or spicy depending on the salsa you use.

Kat: I fell off the wagon journaling and now you bring up EXERSIZE!!! Are you trying to ruin my Sunday? I suppose I should be thanking you????? I have to start this week out journaling again and starting to seriously exercise. I keep blaming it on time but I also know if it’s something I like to do I DO find the time. I have to if I want to . AND if I want to take this body out for a spin! (refer to last post on that comment).

How many posts is it again before we start a new thread?????
Old 09-29-2002, 12:08 PM   #30  
I'm on my way!

Lucky I like Dr. Phil...he is so funny sometimes! And he really just says these things off the top of his head! He doesn't realize how funny he is! I had a new body..well semi new before I got pregnant....I just want that body back for now then work on the new new body!

Kat....you are right about the exercise! It does work and while I was out there pounding the pavement I was saying I don't remember being this tired so early in the walk! I had walked almost every day since I had started WW back then. The lbs were melting off of me. I lost the 97 lbs in 10 months. Just think...by next we could all have that kind of weight off of us for the summber!! Anyways....I built up my stamina and kept adding more streets every couple of weeks and it felt so good. I can't wait to add the next street....it gives me something to work toward! Little goals! LOL Geeeesh...isn't that the whole idea of weight loss....little baby steps!! It kinda just clicked as I was typing that! LOL

Well I took Andrew to the store with me so he wouldn't be in the way of his dad putting the shingles on the shed. We got his Bumble Bee costume for $7.99. I almost bought the exact same costume in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago for $14.99 but decided to wait to see if I found something else I like better! He doesn't have a say in what he wants to be for Halloween yet...being that he isn't talking yet and doesn't understand the whole concept....so I get the fun of picking out the costume...I think next year I will probably have to let him decide for himself!
Anyways....while I was in Big Lots getting the costume of course I had to shop around...well let me tell you...I am going to start doing my grocery shopping in there for canned goods and dry goods. Those prices are sooooo low! Spices for .48, black olives for .79, hormel kids microwave cups .79. I could go on and on. BUT the most valuable thing I found in there was a LOW CARB PASTA....yup! .79 lb. Its made in Italy and it is only 160 calories for 2 oz dry AND 7 grams of FIBER and 1.5 grams of fat! That makes it only 2 points per serving instead of 4 points like regular pasta!! So if you have a big lots store near you! Do I sound like a commercial? I am going back to get more on friday if I like it enough....I'll let you know. Maybe I will cook some up tonight with dinner! I got a really really good deal on Healthy Choice dinners for 40-50% off plus I had coupons! I got them for around $1.00 each or $1.25 each. I usually will have one of those for dinner when John works late or I forget to take something out of the freezer! Sometimes I have one for lunch too with a piece of fruit!

Ok enough of me for now! I have to get this room cleaned up and then the rest of the house. THe cable guy is coming over to install the internet stuff for me tomorrow afternoon. I have to clean off this desk! When I get my new email address I will let you all know that too....though I will still have msn until November since its still free. My year is up sometime in November!

OK....I need more of you to come out here now!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread