What would you do?

• I'm 10 lbs away from goal and right now I'm a snug 10, snugger that what I'd like, but wearable and 12s look too frumpy. So in 10lbs I'll likely be a snug 8 with 10s being too frumpy, essentially inbetween sizes. So would you A) lose until 10s fit well ending up at a heigher weight that originally planned (probably 150 for me), or B) lower your goal til 8s fit well and be lower than planned (probably 140 for me). Obviously, this is probably a vanity question, but I'm curious what others would do.
  • Find a different brand of jeans that fits your body better?

I would not pick my weight based on the jeans size. Lose until you think you are somewhere sustainable. Find clothes that fit that body.
  • Or...you can buy the 12's if you like the style and take them to be altered - most dry cleaners and / or malls are able to alter.

I find that in some jeans, I'm a 16, others are a 14. I wouldn't get set on a particular size, once you reach your goal, you will love how you look, regardless of the # that's on your jeans.

Great job on being so close to goal!!!
  • I'd wait till I get to goal, then figure out what to do- you never know what can happen in the last 10 lbs.
  • Quote:
    I would not pick my weight based on the jeans size. Lose until you think you are somewhere sustainable.
    I agree, I'm just afraid my goal weight is going to be inbetween sizes and I can't stand being inbetween. I know in some designers I'll always be inbetween, but in general I want a certain size, whatever it is, to fit well and I just don't know if I should go larger or smaller. I guess like you said whatever is sustainable.
  • Quote: I agree, I'm just afraid my goal weight is going to be inbetween sizes and I can't stand being inbetween. I know in some designers I'll always be inbetween, but in general I want a certain size, whatever it is, to fit well and I just don't know if I should go larger or smaller. I guess like you said whatever is sustainable.
    I don't think this exists! If you ask anyone on this board -- or anyone in real life -- they'll say that they are a few different sizes depending on the item of clothing, the cut, the designer etc.

When people say they are a certain size, it's just that most of what they wear is that size. When I was at goal last time I was an 8 in most things, a 6 in some stuff, and a 10 in others. I *said* that I was a size 8.

That's just life
  • Find the comfortable weight then find the clothes the fit it. Check around different stores and designers and see what works best.

Sarah
  • Can also check juniors size 11. They are in odd numbers and sort of fit in between misses.

http://fashion.about.com/od/stylebas...issesSizes.htm

But in general, don't stress too much over it. Brands vary. Clothes can always be altered.

A.