Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 09:41 PM   #16  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I am finally on the road to recovery and starting to fell like my old self. I saw my doctor on Tuesday who was very shocked that I was still so sick after taking 3 rounds of such strong antibiotics. She gave me a shot of cortisone and a prescription for cortisone pills, more of the strong antibiotics and a pill for allergies that I am taking 2400mg a day. I can hardly stand taking so many pills a day but I actually felt better in two days. Feeling that bad for so long sure makes me appreciate feeling Good.

Marlana~I hope that you are doing good with your food. I got rid of those 5# again but didn't do really good today. I was doing some fund raising for an outreach ministry today and worked through lunch and ended up making a bad choice when I finally finished. I didn't have time to go home before my hair appointment and had to eat out of a convenience store. It has been 5 months since my last perm but my hair was looking kind of cute. My hairdresser even complimented me on the way I was wearing it considering that it was so straight on top and still curly on all the ends. Anyhow, it is curly all over now but I didn't get a haircut. I am going for the longer locks for a while and see if I like it. I warned my hairdresser that I might come back in within a couple of months wanting my head shaved but I will leave it this way for a while.

JoJo~My grandkids love those little packs of flavored ramen noodles. Then my husband tried them and liked them too. My little granddaughter didn't eat hers one day so I gave them to my parrot because she has always liked anything like pasta. That bird loved them and I keep a package fixed for her. I refrigerate them and give her a big spoonful each day in her clay dish on the top of her cage. She eats every bite. I think that chicken flavor is her favorite so far, the little cannibal. Yes, last year was very slow with hurricanes but this year is more normal. We would dry up and blow away without the hurricanes each year. In a normal year we would be threatened by several and just get blown away without the dry part. Sorry. I couldn't help making a joke. We actually do look forward to small hurricanes to keep us wet around here. The drought is better but there are still dry holes that used to be lakes. I'm not sure if Florida will ever go back to it's normal wet, swampy state and this might become normal. Gosh, that didn't make much sense, did it? The biggest problem is that it has been dry for so long that there are housing subdivision on land that used to be under water. When it rains heavy now, all you hear on the news is homeowners complaining about their yards and streets being flooded and screaming for the county to do something. Well duh, what do you expect when you build in a dried up swamp during a more than 10 year drought and it starts raining like it is supposed to in Florida? Those are the same kind of people that get mad because of rattle snakes and gators. HELLO.........this is Florida and they were here first.

Sally~I would be in serious trouble if I found any kind of dog rescue organization, especially poodle or those little yorkies. Probably maltese and sheet zoos(I have no idea how to spell it but that is how you say it) also. Why do men have to feel so macho and buy those wonderful vehicles with a clutch and stick gear shift? I used to drive a stick because that's all my husband (ex) would ever buy. Do you know how hard it is to drive a racing type floor shift with a cigarette in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other and two kids fighting in the back seat? I'm sure it was a mother that invented automatics. We didn't get a single drop of rain from Lily. As a matter of fact that storm pulled all the moisture out of Florida for a couple of days and it felt really good outside in the morning without all that humidity. Hope you enjoy your weekend and get a little rest. You are a very busy lady lately.

Corina~You are another very busy lady and I hope you are taking care of yourself. Make sure you are taking time to do things that you enjoy and getting some quiet time of your own.

Newnana~I am feeling so much better that I sprayed myself with Deet yesterday and worked outside with my plants to take advantage of that cooler, dryer day. It was good to be outside for a while after staying indoors so much for the last 6 weeks. That was for two reasons, the horrible heat and my stupid infected sinuses. My plants were looking neglected and needed some work. One pot of bromeliads had reproduced so many new plants that I now have 5 pots of them with double or triple plants in each one. I would sure like to see them all bloom at the same time. These are the ones with the big long stemmed pink bloom.

I sure hope that y'all have a great weekend. I am going to try to make the most of mine.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:44 PM   #17  

Hi Everyone. I hope your all having a nice weekend. I just got home from Wally World. Dh's bd is on the 15th and I was trying to get some ideas. He says he wants jeans and they've got some great prices on mens jeans.

I've got a kitty playing with my shoes and my ankles. Man she's got some sharp claws. Our other cat is declawed but I'm not sure if I'll get this one done or not. I've been told its very painful and some people say its cruel. I can't decide. My other cats did fine. Lola and the dog are doing ok together. The dog went after Lola when she tried to eat some scraps we put down for the dog. Chels didn't care for that at all. We have to put Lola up when we eat cause she is so bold she'll try to take the food out of your mouth. You'd think she never has anything to eat. Anyway, they will lay next to each other and Chels will chase her playfully but so far thats it as far as trying to get them to be friends. Lola seemed a little interested in the dogs tail earlier today. Chels is a little sensitive about her tail, jumps if you get near it.

Skeeter, how we spoil our animals/birds, huh? I just LOVE my furbabies. The kitten is taking a bit getting used to but she can be so sweet at times, mostly when she is sleeping. She loves to cuddle. I sure am glad to hear you are finally getting better. You've had a rough time of it and deserve to feel good. I think we got some of that hurricane that went thru LA. We got some rain Thurs night and part of yesterday and it got pretty windy. Your hairstyle sounds really cute. Sometimes I think about getting a perm but I get it cut way to short. They'd have to use the really skinny rods on me and I'd come out looking like a poodle. Plus the thought of smelling the perm solution and catching the drips, plus it burns my skin and I come out with red welts on my forhead and the side of my face, it just sounds like to much trouble for me. I do like my hair permed tho. Maybe next time I need a haircut I'll think about it again. I let my hair go about 2 1/2 to 3 months between cuts so it should be long enough.

Newnana, You are so right that our weight is not us!!!! I think I'm going to steal your chocolate saying and use it in my signature!! Thats so cute. And I'm a true chocoholic. Ask anyone!!

Sally, I would like a new puppy but we've got plenty. We have a small zoo. If I were to bring a new dog home, I think that would put my old cat over the edge for sure. Oh, I caught her playing with the kitten for a few mins the other night. As soon as she saw me watching, well, that was it, she started hissing.

Oh, last night I gave dh a facial. I ended it with a mask that dries slowly and is green. It was soooo funny. He could only take my laughing for a minute or two before he stomped into the bathroom and washed it off. I keep telling him his face is so soft. I think I'll either have to promise him sex or get him drunk before he'll let me do it again.

Well, I need to get off here now. Take care everyone.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:40 PM   #18  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hello Girls~~I've managed to find a few min to write you a few words. I have so much to do between now and Friday that I'll be really lucky if I get it all done. We are leaving then on vacation for two weeks. If I just had all the things done I have to do, I'd be glad to get up and leave tomorrow. I've already smoked some meat...Ribs..Chicken...Brisket and balona. We would eat out more but we go into a wilderness area, well at least no towns close. I've still got some sewing to do, and the pool to put away. I also have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. I didn't tell you all I don't thank, but I know who sent the candied apples....Our Newnana! She and I have become pretty good friends over the last 3 years. That was really nice of her.

Jo Jo~~I'm sorry to say I was doing better, now I'm doing worse. I guess what set me off was my daughter called me about 3 days ago to ask me and I quote..."I don't know what to do about Kassie, she's out of control and I'm going to have to put her in a home." That done it, sent me off the deep end again. What did she expect? The child stays nights by herself!!!

Sally~~It seems like I'm climbing a hill and I just about get to the top and here is comes again, the biggest rock you ever saw and it runs over me and takes me right back to the bottom. I've made it to one reunion since I left highschool and I had lost 97 pounds when I done that. Right now I wouldn't go to one if they had it in my front yard.

Newnana~~Looks like you got those colors figured out. I've had two letters from you the last two days and I haven't had time to answer either of them. You had some very nice things to say to me, thank you very much. I've said the very same thing about preparing meals, if I didn't have to cook those big meals for hubby, I could lose some weight. I'm sure your right, I would eat too many sandwiches if that is all I had.

Skeeter~~So glad your feeling now, you've really had a bad month now. I guess you've decided to let your hair grow longer. I just gave myself a haircut today and I cut it short just like I like it. I can't get anyone else to cut it short enough. I wear my hair kind a like both Newnana and Jo Jo. I used to cut my own hair years ago before I broke my elbow, but I can still do it. I sure like it, just the right length for fishing.

I guess that does it for me, it's 7:45 and I'm going to bed. I'm so tired and my back is hurting. I won't be back in for about 3 weeks. I hope I come back to all of you losing 10 pounds. bye bye for now.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:26 PM   #19  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know I am still kicking and living busy! I am feeling better since my fainting spell which I am very happy about. I started getting my exercise regularly just not has intense I had been doing. My husband thinks that I just finally over did it. He says I need to take more to for taking a small rest than worrying about all the little things. I wouldn't be a mother and a wife if I didn't worry about all the little things. But things are better thankfully.

Although we had a surprise call from DHs X wife. Which honestly was bound to happen escpecially since we mailed her a letter with our updated information of our address and tele #. We only sent it to her since it is court ordered. This year would have been 3 years since we last talked to her and it will be 4 years since she last seen our son. What a MOM! So you can see I am fighting every thought of cramming my mouth with junk food to ease my stress levels. Well!

Okay I must go my son has a science project due Wednesday and we need a couple of things from the Hobby store. Talk again. Sorry I haven't stopped in in a while. I hope everyone is doing well. Bye.
Corina
Old 10-10-2002, 06:48 PM   #20  

Hi everyone. Hope your week is going well. Monday is a holiday and I'm taking tomorrow off. Dh has been off this week because of his wrist, arm. Its most likely carpal tunnel and will need surgery as he is having a lot of trouble with it. I had surgery and it wasn't bad at all. Recovery is harder than the surgery.

Theres not that much going on to tell you about. Its just been a really busy week at work (whats new, huh!) It felt like Friday to me.

Marlana, what is the latest with your daughter. What is that woman thinking???? I hope she isn't telling Kassie that. That would be horrible for her mother to tell her. I can imagine that did set you off and I can understand why. I don't even know her and it makes me mad. I hope you have a nice vacation. Where are you going? (I wanna know cause I may come and try to find you ) NOT!!!! I'm not a wilderness gal. Try to have fun and R E L A X!!!!

Corina, glad to hear you are still here, just busy. Ewwww, I bet dh's ex is the last person you want to hear from. If she's not contacted you for 3 years she may as well of kept it up.

Well, tonight is my pamper myself night. I am going to do a facial, maybe soak in the tub, watch some tv, relax. Dh wants cereal for supper tonight. I almost wish he was working tomorrow so I could have the whole day to myself but thats ok. We've got a few things we want to do anyway.

Take care everyone.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:03 AM   #21  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I seen to have recovered from the yuckies. I still have two more days of medicine to finish but I am feeling great now. That was just in time to start my preparations for our vacation. We are leaving on the 22nd of this month and won't be back until about the third week of November.

Marlana~I sure wish you a wonderful vacation. I hope that the weather is good for you and that you get to fish to your heart's content. A trip to the mountains in an RV sounds like heaven to me. I am going to have to settle for my own bedroom at my Mom's. She has a wonderful new house that borders a golf course on one side and a wildlife preserve on the other. It is a really great place to hike. My boys love to walk the golf course in the evenings and chase deer and rabbits. My mom wants to learn how to use the WW 123 program. I am taking all my books and some weekly journals that I made. I would be great if we all followed the plan while I am there. Yeah, I am wearing my hair a little longer and permed to see if I like it. It is easy enough to cut it off if it gets to be a hassle.

JoJo~You are so right about spoiling the pets. I would hate to admit to some people the things that I do for my pets. Only an animal lover would understand. I shopped yesterday for all the supplies for my bird to go to her sitter. She has her Cheetos and ramen noodles as her snacks. We also picked up a new bag of doggie chocolates for the boys. I have my sitters all lined up for a three week stay. I am starting to get so excited about going up north and seeing some of the trees change colors. I am even looking forward to the cooler weather. I hope that you got the stuff that I sent to your job. I sent one to your home called granny groovin. That is the funniest thing that I have ever seen. I play it just about every time that I get on this computer.

Corina~I sure hope that the fainting spell was just a one time event. You need to see a doctor if it happens again. I'm sure the call from your husbands ex wasn't a pleasant one. I would rather live in another state from my ex but at least he lives in another town. I don't have to see him at all now that the kids are grown.

I will do my best to write more often the next week since Marlana is going to be off on her wonderful wilderness vacation. I sure won't be the same with her gone. Y'all have a great weekend.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:21 PM   #22  

Hello.

Not much going on today. Dh is trying to hook up the dvd player I got him for his birthday. Usually I do that stuff but I read the directions and they didn't make much sence to me so I'm letting him figure it out. Dh has some kind of stomach bug. He was sick to his stomach and had diarreah all night. He seems better now tho.

I've got to figure out something for my great niece who will be 4 this week. Her bd party is next weekend. The kid has everything and wants everything. I just don't know. If there was time for it to be delivered without adding priority shipping, I think I'd order something off qvc. I will probably just wait till next Saturday morning and then go out and buy something. I just don't want to go to Toys R us. I hate shopping on that end of town. Traffic is horrible.

Skeeter, wow, your taking a long vacation. I hope you have alot of fun. Do you golf? Maybe you can learn if you don't. Thats just something I've never been interested in. I've got a 12 year old cousin who is beating his granpa now. Skeeter, I'm having one of those days where I think I should of stayed in bed. I don't know what I was thinking but I used my Norton systemworks and was deleting programs I don't use anymore and I selected a folder that I thought was empty but it ends up its a backup folder for some of the programs I use. I'm just to flustered to figure it out now but I'm going to have to retreive that folder and reinstall it. Plus this small vaccume I bought for getting around that floor boards and small spaces, its like one of those Shark vacs, well, that beater bar head won't work now. Plus the kitten has been driving me crazy. Sheesh, she just goes and goes. She is really sweet when she wants to be held and loved. Right now she is hiding because I was vaccuming. I need to go to the grocery store still and I just don't want to leave the house. Maybe if dh decides to run out and rent a dvd. Hmmm. I don't even want to get dressed. Man, am I a sorry case today or what?

Well, I'm going to get going now. I just wanted to make sure internet pages loaded after I ran my maintinance and repair programs. Take care everyone.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:44 PM   #23  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry

Hi! I know it is very awful of me to not check in so often. But there isn't enough time in my day. Actually i have been going to bed as early as possible so that I won't be yawning in class.

We haven't heard from DHs--Xwife since Oct. 3. We didn't talk to her when she called she had left a message was all. She said she would call back later but that we could call her (both DH and I say "I don't have anything to say to her") so neither one of us plan to call her. She hasn't made anymore attempts to call although suddenly we are recieving all these wrong number calls. Then the other night someone called but we had the line occupied with the computer so the voice mail answered...whoever it was just listened to the greeting and hung up after the beep. But the worst they called at 10:58 PM!

Skeeter~~~I haven't had another fainting spell, thank goodness. DH's X does live in another town but it isn't very far and she does come into town quite often although we don't see her at all. But legally we have to give her current contact information. I don't want to take the chance that if we were ever to end up back in court that she could say that we didn't tell her about where her son was located. Because the judge could simply say "Well Mr. R you did not furnish the non-custodial parent with contact information therefore she could not exercise her rights for visitation. For that reason I am ruling that the child be placed in the custody and care of the non-custodial parent from this day forward." That would just kill me inside! Because I know whe wouldn't care for him. She has given birth to 4 children from 4 different men. I'm not knocking the fact that they are from different men. But what irks me is that she does not have any of them except for 2 in her care. At that the only reason 2 are in her care is because one of them no man wants to step up to the plate and claim parental rights and really her mother takes care of that one. Then the other one who is only a year and a few months had to go through a paternity test because I guess the father did not feel (for some reason) that it could possibly be his. I wonder why. More than likely she does have custody of that one but her mother cares for it more than she does. humph!

JoJo~~~We really didn't expect for her to sign for the letter we sent her. Our son doesn't want to see her or even talk to her. I wish she would just stay away but she has to rub ego from time to time and be the ever so loving mother she thinks she is. I don't understand her and I certainly do feel for her because she is missing out on so much. I know I shouldn't feel for her but I have a heart and I am a mother. I couldn't see myself missing out on any of my children's lives.

Marlana~~~I hope your vacation is a very relaxing time for you. I sure do hope I will be 10 pounds lighter when you get back. This morning I weighed in at 192! Wooho only 2 lbs away from my mini goal. I am looking forward to the 80s.

I missed some info on Kassie. I think she is your grandaughter...how old is she? I hope by the time you come back from vacationing things will be better. I can somewhat understand how you feel. God bless you and your family.

Sally~~~I have only one job now along with 2 college courses, 4 kids...well 5 if you include the big one(DH)LOL.

NewNana~~~how are you. I haven't personally given a welcome shout out to you but don't mind me. I'm quite busy most times so I don't give much energy to the website. Actually I have been working on my own website because my English class requires us to have and maintain a website. I will share my website address with all of you.

As I mentioned, in my post to Newnana, I said I would share my assignment from my English class. On one condition...that all you who visit will sign my guestbook and mark your spot on my guestmap. That way I will look very important. Teehee!hahaha. Just kidding with you all but I would appreciate it if you would sign them. Thanks. Okay here is the website address....
http://r_aniroc.tripod.com/writingpo...002/index.html

Okay enough said I have to go now! Talk again
Kina
Old 10-15-2002, 07:55 PM   #24  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I have been working and planning for my vacation. That list is getting shorter. I cleaned my house yesterday and groomed both dogs today. Now I can give them another bath the day before we leave and ride with clean dogs. I have always hated that long two day ride up north but this year, I am looking forward to it. That's two whole days of rest for me with no work to do.

Marlana~I hope that you are having a wonderful time.

JoJo~No I don't golf but my stepfather does. My mom buys him a membership each year for his birthday. It is a gorgeous course but it is really hilly. We don't have hills in Florida. A lot of people that live in that neighborhood walk the course after it closes to golfers. My dogs love it there because they get a chance to chase deer and rabbits. It is usually after dark by the time we get home though. I think that we all have those days where we wished that we had just stayed in bed. You didn't say if you were getting my emails. None of them have come back.

Corina~I visited you website and really liked the way you have it set up. It wouldn't let me mark the map though. I tried several times and it would give me the window to fill in my name and info but would vanish before I had time to do anything with it. I did sign your guest book though. WTG with your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

I hope that you missing ladies are having a good week. We miss you in here. I will be gone for 3 weeks and I will miss all of you guys. I'll try to come back again before I leave. Y'all take care.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:45 PM   #25  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Thanks Skeet! I don't know what happened with the guest map. But I messed with it a bit...hopefully that fixed the problem.

Okay I have to go I have had a horrible headache that doesn't want to go away even with Tylenol. ugh...you can imagine how I feel. I think I will hit the sack early. Bye.

I hope to hear from everyone sometime soon.
Corina
Old 10-16-2002, 08:37 PM   #26  

Hi everyone

Not much going on tonight. I thought I'd get in here and add a quick post.

Corina, I can't understand a mother who doesn't see her child. I know someday she will want a relationship and if her ego is so big she won't understand how the kid can reject her, well duh!!! Men do it all the time but it sounds so strange hearing its a woman rejecting her child. I went to your site and tried to put myself on your map. I want to go back and see if it worked. One of the pop-ups locked my puter up when I tried to get rid of it. I just wanted to let you know I was there. Good luck on making it to your mini goal. Sounds like your on your way.

Skeeter, I am not good on car trips. I'm just to impatient plus I get really nervous in heavy traffic. You'd thinking living in CA for several years and driving in LA traffic occassionally, I'd be ok with it but I'm not. People tell me that if I was doing the driving it wouldn't be so bad cause I'm the one in control and paying attention to whats going on around me. Oh, I am getting your emails and I thank you for sending them. I can't reply to you from work cause, well, one gal got fired and that was one of the things they used against her. They wanted to get rid of her anyway and since she'd used the internet and email for personal stuff, well, they fired her. I got the granny one on this puter but I deleted it at work cause if I clicked on it, well, that would be putting me out on the internet during working hours. Sheesh, If they don't want us on the internet, why give us access???? I use it to look up correct address's and phone numbers.

Well, I'm going to get off here now. Take care.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:06 PM   #27  
Senior Chick

I'll start a new thread. See ya there.
Closed Thread