NSV! Someone NOTICED!

• I was at work today and one of the girls I work with looked shocked and says "Wow! You look GREAT! You've lost A LOT of weight, havent you??? And you look SO HAPPY!"

• I know how you feel! I've lost almost the same amount of weight as you (16 pounds) and my family has been very supportive and will say something every now and then. But last weekend I saw a friend I hadn't seen since Febuary and she stated, "You've lost weight!"

I squeed and said I had to hug her. She was a little surprised, but I explained she was the first person besides family to say something, and she understood.

It was a little awkward because my best friend was also standing right there, someone I also don't see very often. I hadn't said anything to her, and I didn't expect her to say anything back. She LITERALLY does not see weight. She was SHOCKED when I told her I had gained 50 pounds since high school. How do you not notice that? Ah, Tammy....

Still, let's give ourselves a little happy veggie dance, shall we?

• Nice! It is a great feeling when someone notices. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

J
  • WooHoo! That is such a great feeling! You'll notice that you start hearing it more often now too. I found that once 1 person said something, in the next week I had several people comment. It is such a motivator for me.
  • Congratulations!!! I'm hoping in a few weeks I'll be getting similar comments instead of the recent 'when are you do?/are you pregnant?' Ones I've had lately, hmph.

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • Yay!!!
  • Great!!
  • GonnaTurnHeads - you are living up to your name! Congrats!

Yesterday a colleague said to me- you are losing weight, I can see it in your face and how your clothes fit. It was really encouraging!

Way to go, GTH! And for every person that comments, you know there are more that notice but don't comment.
  • That is fantastic! I can't wait for someone to notice! I've been living in kind of a reclusive hole since I started this, so hopefully whenever I get around to seeing people outside of my family/boyfriend/best friend, someone will have something good to say! But for real, kudos to you!!!
  • Ah, what a great first! And like someone told me with my first comment, for every one person who comments, there are probably 10 more who noticed but didn't say anything.
  • Whats not to like about that??? I can't wait for someone to notice! LOL sounds like your doing a great job!