Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #1  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Default I've gotta hold it together right now... But it's gonna be tough.

I just found out that my friend took an entire bottle of pills and is in the hospital. Now all I want to do is curl up in a ball and eat a warm brownie, but I know that's the last thing she'd want me to do because she was so behind me in my weight loss. So for now, I'm holding it together for Katherine, and limiting myself to crying. A lot.
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #2  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

And by brownie I mean binge and ease my pain, but now I know what triggers it, so that's a plus, I guess.
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

So sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your friend Katherine. Try to stay strong in this difficult time.
Aubrey
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I'm so sorry. Your friend is in my prayers. Stay strong and stay away from the brownies
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Oh my. I know how hard that is. Thankfully, I've never had to go through this, but my best friend has had to go through it several times with two different friends. It drove her to her own breaking point. With both, she eventually realized that they were repeatedly emotionally hurting her (and manipulating her) to a point she couldn't justify and so she distanced herself from them. It tore her apart to do so.

I hope that doesn't happen to you, and that your friend will be okay. Sadly, food will not make the pain of this any better. Breaking your diet, making yourself less healthy, will not make it all okay again. I hope coming here has helped you with what you are going through. And please, don't hesitate to use any support structures you have. Churches and schools are both good resources for support.

I don't pray, I'm sorry. But I am shedding a tear for you. And giving you an e-hug.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

There have been and always will be a lot of similar situations in my life. I have a dysfunctional family and attract dysfunctional friends. I used to eat my way through it, but the best thing I have been learning is how to develop detachment; sometimes called "detaching with love." It doesn't mean I care any less for the person, but I have really worked on taking a step back so when things like this happen it doesn't hurt me as much.

Someone in my life recently did the same thing as your friend. I am really sorry you have to go through this. Thinking of you and hope your friend will be okay. I promise that brownie or any other type of food will not make you feel better; if anything it will make you feel worse. *hugs*

Take care of you.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote